南極冰川,未知之境。這塊大陸究竟藏著多少秘密?跟隨國家地理攝影師Michaela,來一場絕美南極之旅,和冰川、動物親密接觸,發現那裡不可思議的美好際遇。
Antarctica is a land of extremes and it's got an incredible grand scale.
南極大陸氣候極端,而且地貌宏偉壯觀。
So it's very difficult to try and capture it with images.
所以僅僅用圖片捕捉有些困難。
Being a National Geographic photographer creates an opportunity for me to document the world and you don't know what you're going to uncover.
成為國家地理的一名攝影師給我記錄世界創造了機會,你對你將展示的的世界一無所知。
You are going into the unknown.
你即將進入一個未知的世界。
There's always a bit of nervous excitement.
總是有些興奮和緊張。
And to get to Antarctica we have to get across one of the most treacherous crossings on the planet which is the Drake Passage.
要抵達南極洲,我們就要穿越世界上最危險的航道之一,德雷克航道。
Antarctica is other-worldly.
南極洲好像是超凡脫俗的仙境。
Big mountain ranges and endless seas of ice.
巨大的山脈,還有一望無際的冰海。
And it's a challenging place to document because it feels like you can never really do it justice.
要記錄這裡有些困難,因為難以完完全全真實客觀體現它的面貌。
I'm trying to showcase this land of extremes.
我嘗試展示這片氣候極端的大地。
How every single flake of snow counts towards building that incredible landscape.
每一片獨一無二的雪花一起組成了這不可思議的景色。
It's strange to think that something so light can compact over thousands of years and trap so much history in the glacier.
這些輕盈的雪花可以聚集一起數千年,並且冰川裡還保留了曾經的歷史,非常的神奇。
I like to be as prepared as I can be but I want to leave myself open to inspiration from the environment.
我儘可能的做好萬全準備,但是也對環境帶來的靈感保持開放態度。
So the calving just happened and it's created a wave and we can see it push up all the ice onto the beach.
冰解剛剛發生過,產生了一波浪潮,可以看到浪潮將所有冰都推上了岸邊。
There's these kind of beautiful coincidences that happen and that's when those really special images tend to eventuate.
當那些特殊的圖片最終出現的時候,總有一些美妙的巧合發生。
I find that the colours in Antarctica pull you out of yourself.
南極美麗的顏色會讓人渾然忘我。
Yet it is the most present that we get to be.
這是我們可以最常有的禮物。
You can see quite a lot of water pouring out of the glacier We all know that Antarctica is deeply impacted by climate change.
你可以看到大量的水從冰川流出,因為我們知道南極正深受氣候變化的影響。
And I want to try and showcase that fragility through the macro and the micro.
我想通過宏觀場景和微觀場景展示這裡的脆弱。
You can hear the ice releasing the air bubbles and it sounds like popcorn.
你能聽到冰山裡面產生氣泡的聲音,聽起來有些像爆米花。
So we are recording underwater because most of the iceberg is under the surface so this is going to give us a bit of a glimpse.
我們要記錄一下水下景色,因為冰山的大部分都在水下,驚鴻一瞥。
That was on Ultra Steady as well.
那樣超級穩定。
It's an electric feeling to see these images that I have envisioned and to suddenly see them come to life.
看到這些曾經想像過的畫面突然出現在我眼前,心像觸電的感覺,非常激動。
He's collecting all the little rocks and he's creating a nest.
他收集了很多小石頭,用來築窩。
What I really love, especially with nature, is that it reveals itself gently and a little bit by bit.
我對大自然非常熱愛的是,它一點一滴地,溫和地展示著自己。
I think a big part of my work is uncovering those moments.
我主要工作就是展示這些時刻。
When I capture an image that I feel like encapsulates that moment.
當我能捕捉到那些畫面時,就好像可以把那些時光保留定格。
It's a feeling of coming home.
是回家的感覺。