作者:Cynthla Rlder
適讀年齡:6-8歲
今天,我們會認識一隻「話癆」烏龜,它特別喜歡和別人說話,到底收穫了小夥伴怎樣的評價呢?
Turtle lived in a muddy pool.
烏龜住在一個泥巴的水塘裡。
Lots of animals came to the pool to drink.
很多動物們都來水塘裡喝水。
Trutle loved to talk to the animals.
烏龜最愛跟大家說話了。
"Turtle is a big chatterbox,"they said.
「烏龜是個大話嘮啊!」他們說。
One day, Turtle saw two geese by the pool.
烏龜在水塘邊遇到了兩隻鵝。
"What are you doing here?"he asked.
「你們在這裡幹嘛?」他問。
"We are on our way home,"said the geese.
「我們正在回家呢,」兩隻鵝回答道。
"We live far, far away on a beautiful blue lake."
「我們住在很遠、很美的藍色湖泊裡。」
Turtle looked at his muddy pool.
烏龜看著這個泥巴很多的水塘。
"I wish I could go there, "he said.
說,「我要是也能去那兒就好了。」
"Why don't you fly back with us?"asked the two geese.
「那為什麼不跟我們一起飛回去呢?」兩隻鵝問到。
"I can’t fly."Turtle told them.
「我不會飛呀。」烏龜回答。
"We'll carry you to the lake, "said the geese.
「我們能把你帶到湖邊去,」兩隻鵝說。
"But you must not talk until we get home."
「但是路上你不準說話,直到我們到家。」
"I won’t say one word!"said Turtle.
「我一個字都不會說的!」烏龜說。
The geese found a long stick.
兩隻鵝找到了一根很長的棍子。
They held it in their beaks.
他們用嘴銜著它。
"Hold onto this with your mouth,"they said.
「用你的嘴叼住它,」他們說,
"And remember! You must not talk.Not a word, or you will fall."
「而且記住!千萬不要說話。一個字也別說,不然你會掉下去的。」
Turtle put the stick in his mouth and the two geese flew up,up into the sky.
烏龜把棍子叼在了嘴裡。兩隻鵝飛了起來,越飛越高,飛向了天空。
What fun!
真有意思!
I'm flying!
我飛起來了!
As they flew over the trees, two parrots saw them.
他們飛過了很多棵樹,樹上有兩隻鸚鵡看到了它們。
Look!
看呀!
Where are you going,Turtle?
你要去哪裡啊,烏龜?
Turtle wanted to shout back to them.
烏龜想要大聲回答他們。
Just in time, he remembered not to talk.
但是忽然間,他記起了他不能說話。
The monkeys saw Turtle, too.
猴子們也看到了烏龜。
They waved their paws at him.
他們向他揮動著爪子。
"You do look silly."they shouted.
「你看起來好傻喲!」他們對著它喊到。
Turtle wanted to shout.
烏龜想大喊。
Just in time, he remembered not to talk.
就在那時,他記起了他不能說話。
"Look! Turtle has to keep his mouth closed, "laughed Snake.
「看!烏龜必須得閉嘴呢,」蛇笑著說,
"I bet you can't keep your mouth closed, Turtle.
「我敢打賭,你是閉不上嘴的,烏龜。
You can’t stop talking.」
你是不能停止說話的。」
"Yes I can!"shouted Turtle.
「是的,我可以!」烏龜大喊。
Down, Down, Down, he fell.
於是,他掉下來啦。
Bump! Bump! Bump! He went.
嘭!嘭!嘭!他摔在了地上。
The animals rushed to see if he was all right.
動物們都衝過去看他還好嗎。
Turtle grinned up at them.
烏龜對他們咧嘴一笑。
"You were right,"he said. "I can't stop talking."
「你們說得對,」他說,「我就是不能停止說話。」
"But now I've been flying," he laughed. "I've got even more to talk about!"
「但是現在,我已經飛過了,」他笑著說,「現在我有更多可以說的東西啦!」
And he want all the way home to his muddy pool.
然後他一路走回了家,那個很多泥巴的水塘。