生活英語情景對話:他是個很不錯的傢伙
Jeff:
How was your date last night?
昨晚你的約會怎麼樣?
Joan:
It was OK, but the guy was just too direct for me.
還行,只是那個傢伙對我太直率了。
Jeff:
What exactly do you mean?
你具體指的是什麼?
Joan:
Well, he paid me lots of sweet comments, bought dinner for me and then took me to a swish nightclub.
唔,他對我說了很多甜言蜜語,為我買晚餐,然後帶我去了一個豪華的夜總會。
Jeff:
That seems fantastic! I can't see what he did wrong.
看起來很棒!我看不出他做了什麼錯事。
Joan:
Nothing yet! By this time I thought that he was a really nice guy.
還沒有!到那時為止我覺得他是個很不錯的傢伙。
Jeff:
So what happened?
那發生了什麼事?
Joan:
He drove me home and then asked if he could come in for a coffee.
他開車送我回家,然後問他能不能進去喝一杯咖啡。
Jeff:
And you said no?
然後你說不行?
Joan:
You know that I don't kiss on the first date Jeff! If coffee costs a kiss, then I'll give dinner a miss!
你知道我不會在第一次約會的時候親吻的,傑夫!如果喝咖啡要親吻,那我就不會去吃飯了!
對話講解:
direct adj.率直的;耿直的
She has a direct way of speaking. 她說話直爽.
fantastic a. 極好的
We watched a fantastic play yesterday evening.
昨天晚上我們看了一場非常精彩的演出。