get about = get around 各處走動
So you're getting about a bit again? Not shutting yourself away?
這麼說你現在又開始四處走動了?不把自己關在家裡了?
get above yourself 自以為了不起;自高自大;自視甚高
I'm sure some that have tried to manage him would tell you different, but he never seems to get above himself.
我知道以前有些帶過他的人可能會有不同看法,但是他似乎從來沒有忘乎所以。
get across (to sb) | get sth across (to sb) 被傳達;被理解;把…講清楚
Your meaning didn't really get across.
你的意思並未真正為別人理解。
He's not very good at getting his ideas across.
他不太善於清楚地表達自己的思想。
I can not get across to her how much I love her.
我無法讓她理解我是多麼地愛她。
get ahead (of sb) 走在(某人的)前面;領先;勝過(某人)
She wants to get ahead in her career.
她想在事業上脫穎而出。
He soon got ahead of the others in his class.
他很快就在班上名列前茅了。
get along
1、(通常用於進行時) 離開;離去
It's time we were getting along.
我們該離開了。
2 、(談及或問及某人)進展,進步
I like to think I'm relatively easy to get along with.
我願意認為自己相對比較容易相處。
get around
1、傳播;流傳;各處走動
She gets around with the help of a stick.
她拄著拐杖四處走動。
News soon got around that he had resigned.
他辭職的消息很快傳開了。
2、= get round
get at sb (通常用於進行時) 一再批評,不斷指責,老是數落(某人)
He's always getting at me.
他老是責備我。
She feels she's being got at.
她感到自己總是受人數落。
get at sb/sth 到達某處;接近某人(或某物);夠得著某物
The files are locked up and I can't get at them.
文件資料鎖起來了,我取不出來。
She barred herself in so no one could get at her.
她把自己鎖在屋裡,所以沒有人能接近她。
get at sth 獲悉;了解;查明;發現
The truth is sometimes difficult to get at.
有時真相很難查明。
get away
1、度假;休假
We're hoping to get away for a few days at Easter.
我們期待著復活節出去休幾天假。
2、(表示不相信或驚奇)別胡扯
『These tickets didn't cost me a thing.』 『Get away!』
「這些票我一分錢也沒花。」「別開玩笑了!」
get away (from…) (得以)離開,脫身
I won't be able to get away from the office before 7.
我7點鐘之前無法離開辦公室。
get away (from sb/…) 擺脫(某人);逃離(某地)
Get away from me — your breath stinks
離我遠點——你有口臭。
She'd gladly have gone anywhere to get away from the cottage.
只要能離開那個小屋,去哪兒她都樂意。
get away with sth
1、偷攜某物潛逃;偷走
Thieves got away with computer equipment worth $30 000.
盜賊偷走了價值3萬元的計算機設備。
2、受到從輕發落(輕微懲罰)
He was lucky to get away with only a fine.
他算是萬幸,只被罰款了事。
3、做(壞事)而未受懲罰
Don't be tempted to cheat─you'll never get away with it.
別想著作弊——對作弊者會嚴懲不貸。
[+ -ing] Nobody gets away with insulting me like that.
對這樣侮辱我的人我決不會善罷甘休。
4、以(比預期少的事物)就能應付
After the first month, you should be able to get away with one lesson a week.
第一個月之後,每周上一次課就可以了。
get back 返回;回去;回家
What time did you get back last night?
你昨晚什麼時候回家的?
get sth back 尋回,找回,重新獲得(丟失的東西)
She's got her old job back.
她已恢復原職。
I never lend books─you never get them back.
我的書從不外借——借出去就收不回來。
get back at sb 向某人報復
I'll find a way of getting back at him!
我會想法報復他的!
get back to sb 以後再答覆(或回復)某人
I'll find out and get back to you.
我查明之後再答覆你。
get back to sth 回到某事上
Could we get back to the question of funding?
我們回到資金問題上來好嗎?
get behind (with sth) 落後;拖延;拖欠
I'm getting behind with my work.
我的工作拖延了。
He got behind with the payments for his car.
他拖欠了買汽車的車款。
get by (on/in/with sth) (靠…)維持生計,設法過活,勉強應付
How does she get by on such a small salary?
她靠這點微薄的工資怎麼過活?
I can just get by in German.
我的德語只能勉強應付。
get sb down 使悲傷;使沮喪;使憂鬱
At times when my work gets me down, I like to fantasize about being a farmer.
有時當工作讓我沮喪時,我喜歡幻想自己是一個農場主。
get sth down
1、(困難地)吞下,咽下
I bit into a hefty slab of bread and cheese. When I had got it down I started talking.
我咬了一大塊麵包和奶酪,強咽下去之後開始說話。
2、記錄;記下;寫下
Did you get his number down?
你記下他的號碼了嗎?
get down to sth 開始做某事;開始認真注意(或對待)某事
Let's get down to business .
咱們開始幹正事吧。
I like to get down to work by 9.
我喜歡在9點之前開始工作。
[+ -ing] It's time I got down to thinking about that essay.
我該認真思考一下那篇論文了。
get in | get into sth
1、到達
The train got in late.
火車晚點到達。
What time do you get into Heathrow?
你什麼時候到達希思羅機場?
2、當選
The Republican candidate stands a good chance of getting in.
共和黨候選人很可能當選。
She first got into Parliament in 2001.
她2001年第一次當選為下議院議員。
3、被錄取;被接受入學
She's got into Durham to study law.
她被錄取到達勒姆大學學習法律。
get sth in
1、收集;收割
We didn't get the harvest in until Christmas, there was so much snow.
我們直到聖誕節時才收割莊稼,因為雪下得實在太多了。
2、購買;買進
Remember to get in some beers for this evening.
記住為今天的晚會買些啤酒。
3、設法做(或說)
I got in an hour's work while the baby was asleep.
我趁孩子睡覺抽空幹了一小時的活。
She talks so much it's impossible to get a word in.
她說起話來滔滔不絕,讓人一句話都插不進去。
get in on sth 參加(活動)
He's hoping to get in on any discussions about the new project.
他盼望著參加有關新計劃的任何討論。
get in with sb (尤指為撈取好處與某人)成為朋友,拉關係,套近乎
She did everything she could to get in with the people she thought would make her look important.
她想盡辦法結交那些能抬高自己身價的人物。
get into sth
1、(尤指費力地)穿上
I can't get into these shoes─they're too small.
這雙鞋太小,我穿不進去。
2、開始從事某職業
What's the best way to get into journalism?
進入新聞界的最佳途徑是什麼?
3、參與,開始(某事)
I got into conversation with an Italian student.
我與一位義大利學生談了起來。
to get into a fight
參與鬥毆
4、養成某種習慣;習慣於
Don't let yourself get into bad habits.
別讓自己染上惡習。
You should get into the routine of saving the document you are working on every ten minutes.
你應該養成每十分鐘將正在編輯的文件存檔一次的習慣。
How did she get into drugs?
她是怎麼染上毒品的?
5、對…產生興趣
I'm really getting into jazz these days.
我最近真的開始喜歡爵士樂了。
6、開始熟悉;學會
I haven't really got into my new job yet.
我還未真正熟悉我的新工作。
get into sth | get yourself/sb into sth (使)陷入,處於,達到
He got into trouble with the police while he was still at school.
他還在上學時就與警方發生過糾葛。
Three people were rescued from a yacht which got into difficulties.
從遇險的快艇中營救出了三人。
She got herself into a real state (= became very anxious) before the interview.
她面試前格外地焦慮不安。
get off | get off sb (尤用於告訴別人)別碰,走遠點
Get off me, that hurts!
別碰我,好痛喲!
get off | get sb off
1、(使某人)離開,出發,動身
We got off straight after breakfast.
我們早飯後就立即動身了。
He got the children off to school.
他打發孩子們上學去了。
2、(使)入睡
I had great difficulty getting off to sleep.
我很難入睡。
They couldn't get the baby off till midnight.
他們直到半夜才把嬰孩哄睡著。
get off | get off sth 經允許離開工作;下班
Could you get off (work) early tomorrow?
你明天可以提早下班嗎?
get off sth | get sb off sth (使)停止討論,不再談論
Please can we get off the subject of dieting?
我們別再談論節食這個話題行嗎?
I couldn't get him off politics once he had started.
他一談起政治我就沒法讓他停下。
get sth off 郵寄某物
I must get these letters off first thing tomorrow.
我明天首先得把這些信件寄出去。
get off on sth 因…而興奮,因…而激動(尤指性興奮)
I'm an exhibitionist, and I get off on the entertainment we give people.
我這人愛出風頭,能讓大家高興我就覺得很來勁兒。
get off (with sth) (在事故中)倖免於難,並無大恙
She was lucky to get off with just a few bruises.
她倖免於難,只有幾處碰傷。
get off (with sth) | get sb off (with sth) (使)免受處罰,逃脫懲罰
He was lucky to get off with a small fine.
他僥倖逃脫懲罰,交了一小筆罰款了事。
A good lawyer might be able to get you off.
請位好律師或許能使你免受懲罰。
get off with sb (與某人)發生性關係,談戀愛,開始性關係
Steve got off with Tracey at the party.
史蒂夫在聚會上就與特蕾西親熱起來。
get on
1 = get along(談及或問及某人)進展,進步
He's getting on very well at school.
他在學校學得很好。
How did you get on at the interview?
你面試的情況怎麼樣?
2、獲得成功;事業有成
Parents are always anxious for their children to get on.
父母總是急切地盼望孩子們事業有成。
I don't know how he's going to get on in life .
我不知道他將如何出人頭地。
3 = get along 對付;應付;活下來;過活
We can get on perfectly well without her.
沒有她我們也能過得很好。
I just can't get along without a secretary.
沒有秘書我簡直寸步難行。
get on to sb
1、(用電話、書信或電子郵件)與某人聯繫
The heating isn't working; I'll get on to the landlord about it.
暖氣不熱,我得與房東聯繫一下。
2、覺察,察覺,識破(某人的不法行為)
He had been stealing money from the company for years before they got on to him.
他一直竊取公司的錢,多年後他們才發覺。
get on to sth 開始討論,轉而談論(新課題)
It's time we got on to the question of costs.
我們該討論成本問題了。
get on with sb | get on (together) (與某人)和睦相處,關係良好
She's never really got on with her sister.
她從未與妹妹真正和睦相處過。
She and her sister have never really got on.
她與妹妹一直合不來。
We get along just fine together.
我們相處得很融洽。
get on with sth
1、(談及或問及工作情況)進展,進步
I'm not getting on very fast with this job.
我這個工作進展不太快。
2、(尤指中斷後)繼續做某事
Be quiet and get on with your work.
安靜下來,繼續幹你的事。
Get on with it! We haven't got all day.
繼續幹吧!我們的時間並不多。
get out 洩露;被人知道
If this gets out there'll be trouble.
這事要是被人知道就麻煩了。
get sth out
1、生產;發表;出版
Will we get the book out by the end of the year?
我們這本書將在年底前出版嗎?
2、困難地說出;勉強地說
She managed to get out a few words of thanks.
她終於勉強說了幾句道謝的話。
get out (of sth) 離開(某地);從…出來
You ought to get out of the house more.
你應該多到戶外去走走。
She screamed at me to get out.
她衝著我大聲喊,讓我出去。
get out of sth
1、逃避,規避,擺脫(責任或義務)
We promised we'd go─we can't get out of it now.
我們答應過要去的——現在我們不能食言。
[+ -ing] I wish I could get out of going to that meeting.
但願我能不去參加那個會。
2、放棄,戒除,拋棄(習慣)
I can't get out of the habit of waking at six in the morning.
我早上六點鐘醒的習慣改不了。
get sth out of sb (尤指強行)盤問出,獲取
The police finally got a confession out of her.
警方最終逼迫她招了供。
get sth out of sb/sth 從…中獲得(有益的東西)
She seems to get a lot out of life.
她似乎從生活中獲益良多。
He always gets the best out of people.
他總能使人發揮最大的潛力。
get over sth 解決;克服;控制
She can't get over her shyness.
她無法克服羞怯心理。
I think the problem can be got over without too much difficulty.
我認為這個問題不太難解決。
get over sth/sb 從疾病(或震驚、斷絕關係等)中恢復常態
He was disappointed at not getting the job, but he'll get over it.
他沒得到這份工作非常失望,不過他會想得開的。
get sth over (to sb) 向(某人)講清某事;讓(某人)明白某事
He didn't really get his meaning over to the audience.
他未能完全把他的意思向聽眾講清楚。
get sth over (with) 完成,結束(令人不快但免不了的事)
I'll be glad to get the exam over and done with .
考試結束後我就高興了。
get round/around sb (用討好賣乖的手段)說服某人同意,哄騙某人依順,籠絡某人
She knows how to get round her dad.
她知道怎樣討她爸爸的歡心。
get round/around sth 成功地對付;解決;克服
A clever lawyer might find a way of getting round that clause.
高明的律師也許能找到繞過那個條款的辦法。
get round/around to sth 抽出時間來做某事
I meant to do the ironing but I didn't get round to it.
我本想熨衣服的,可就是抽不出時間。
[+ -ing] I hope to get around to answering your letter next week.
我希望下周能抽出時間給你回信。
get through sth
1、消耗掉;用完;耗盡
We got through a fortune while we were in New York!
我們在紐約時花掉了一大筆錢!
2、(設法)處理,完成
Let's start─there's a lot to get through.
咱們開始吧——有很多事要處理呢。
get through (sth) 順利通過(考試等)
Did you have to get through an entrance examination?
你必須要通過入學考試嗎?
get sb through sth 幫助某人順利通過考試
She got all her students through the exam.
她幫助她所有的學生順利通過了考試。
get through (sth) | get sth through (sth) (使)正式通過,獲得採納
They got the bill through Congress.
他們使此議案在國會獲得通過。
get through (to sb)
1、到達(某人處)
Thousands of refugees will die if these supplies don't get through to them.
如果這些供給品運不到,數以千計的難民就會死去。
2、(用電話)接通,打通,聯繫上
I tried calling you several times but I couldn't get through.
我試著給你打了幾次電話,但都沒聯繫上。
get through (to sth) (選手或隊) 進入(下階段比賽)
Moya has got through to the final.
莫亞已進入決賽。
get through to sb (尤指在努力幫助某人時)使某人理解,使某人接受(所講的話)
I find it impossible to get through to her.
我發覺根本無法讓她聽懂。
get to sb 使煩惱;使生氣;對某人產生影響
The pressure of work is beginning to get to him.
工作的壓力使他煩惱起來。
get sb/sth together 召集;聚集;收集;匯集
I'm trying to get a team together for Saturday.
我正設法召集一幫人過周六呢。
get together (with sb) 舉行社交聚會;開會
We must get together for a drink sometime.
我們什麼時候得聚在一起喝一杯。
Management should get together with the union.
資方應與工會在一起開個會。
get up 站起;起來;起身
The class got up when the teacher came in.
老師進來時全班起立。
get up | get sb up (使)起床
He always gets up early.
他一向起得早。
Could you get me up at 6.30 tomorrow?
明天你6:30分叫我起床行嗎?
get yourself/sb up as sth (將某人)打扮成,化裝成,裝扮成(常用被動)
She was got up as an Indian princess.
她被打扮成了印度公主。
get sth up 安排;組織
We're getting up a party for her birthday.
我們正在籌備她的生日聚會。
get up to sth
1、到達某一點
We got up to page 72 last lesson.
我們上一課學到第72頁。
2、忙於,從事(尤指令人吃驚或不快的事)
What on earth will he get up to next?
他下一步究竟要幹什麼?
She's been getting up to her old tricks again!
她又在故技重演了!