歡迎來到今天的VOA慢速專區。
今天為大家帶來一則關於英語學習的文章。(文末左下角點擊閱讀原文,可獲取中英文分開版本)
Since the beginning of the coronavirus crisis,
自從冠狀病毒危機爆發以來,
many people have had to change their habits, or usual ways of doing things.
許多人不得不改變他們的習慣,或做事的常規方式。
Some people who used to go to school now study at home.
過去經常上學的人現在在家學習。
Some of them have been trying to get in the habit of learning and studying on their own.
他們中的一些人一直在努力養成學習和自學的習慣。
How might habits connect with studying and learning?
習慣如何與學習聯繫起來?
Today's Education Tips will explore that very question.
今天的教育小貼士將探討這個問題。
Habits are regular ways of dealing with your environment.
習慣是處理環境的常規方法。
You generally do not pay attention to them.
你通常注意不到它們的存在。
In the book Good Habits, Bad Habits,
在《好習慣,壞習慣》這本書中,
Dr. Wendy Wood notes that "A habit turns the world around you -- your context -- into a trigger to act."
溫迪·伍德博士指出,「習慣會把你周圍的世界(即環境)變成行動的觸發器。」
Habits take many forms -- eating, exercising, even studying.
習慣有多種形式——飲食、鍛鍊,甚至學習。
You may not realize it, but habits make up many of the actions that you do every day.
你可能沒有意識到,但習慣構成了你每天的許多行為。
In the book Atomic Habits, James Clear describes a four-step process by which habits are made.
在《原子習慣》一書中,詹姆斯·克萊爾描述了養成習慣的四個步驟。
These steps are cue, craving, response, and reward.
分別是暗示、渴望、反應和獎勵。
The cue tells your brain to begin a behavior. The craving is what makes you want to do something.
「暗示」告訴你的大腦開始一個行為。「渴望」是讓你想做某件事。
The response is the actual habit that you perform. The response, in turn, gives you a reward.
「反應」就是你的實際習慣。「反應」反過來會給你「獎勵」。
"Rewards are the end goal of every habit," Clear writes.
「獎勵是每個習慣的最終目標,」克萊爾寫道。
Consider this example. Maybe you have the habit of often checking social media.
想一下這個例子。也許你有經常查看社交媒體的習慣。
The cue might be a feeling of boredom while you are near your computer or phone.
「暗示」可能是你在電腦或手機旁邊會感到無聊的時候。
The craving could be a desire to stop that feeling.
「渴望」可能是想要停止這種感覺。
The response is checking social media, and the reward is seeing something interesting.
「反應」是查看社交媒體,而「獎勵」則是看到有趣的東西。
When that process is repeated many times, it becomes a habit.
當這個過程重複多次後,它就變成了一種習慣。
Clear believes that to create a good habit, you need to follow several steps.
克萊爾認為,要養成良好的習慣,你需要遵循以下幾個步驟。
You need to make your new habit obvious, or easy to see or understand.
你需要讓你的新習慣很明顯、容易被看到或理解。
The habit should also be attractive, simple and satisfying.
這個習慣也應該有吸引力,簡單且令人滿意。
Let's think about how you might develop an English study habit.
讓我們想想如何養成英語學習習慣。
You should organize your surroundings in such a way that the cues of your new habit are very obvious.
你應該以這樣一種方式來安排你的周圍環境,讓你的新習慣有會非常明顯的「暗示」。
For example, if you want to get in the habit of studying English every day, leave English books or notes in a very clear place.
例如,你如果想養成每天學英語的習慣,就把英語書或筆記放在一個很明顯的地方。
To make your habit attractive,
為了讓你的習慣有吸引力,
Clear recommends joining a culture where your new desired behavior is the normal behavior.
克萊爾建議參與到一種文化當中,而你想要實現的新習慣在其中是正常行為。
For example, you could join a group of other English learners in online meetings.
例如,你可以加入其他英語學習者的在線會議小組。
To make your new habit easy, you could decrease the number of steps you have to take in order to study.
為了讓你的新習慣更容易,你可以減少為了學習而必須走的步驟。
You could also try reducing the amount of time you study.
你也可以試著減少學習的時間。
Clear suggests beginning your habits with limited, shorter time periods -- two minutes for example.
克萊爾建議從有限的、較短的時間開始養成習慣——比如兩分鐘。
As you repeat the practice over time, you can go longer.
隨著時間的推移,你可以做得更長。
An important point to keep in mind is that if you place too many demands on yourself,
要記住的重要一點是,你如果對自己要求太多,
you are more likely to give up on your new habit.
會更有可能放棄你的新習慣。
Finally, you need to make your habit satisfying.
最後,你需要讓你的習慣令人滿意。
You can give yourself a reward after completing your new habit.
你可以在完成新習慣後給自己一個「獎勵」。
For example, if you study English for 15 minutes, you could reward yourself by listening to a song you like.
例如,如果你學了15分鐘英語,你可以聽一首你喜歡的歌曲來獎勵自己。
Or you could think about how much progress you have made since you first started studying English.
或者你可以想一想自從你第一次開始學習英語以來,你取得了多大的進步。
Wood notes that your reward should come right after you do your new habit.
伍德指出,你的「獎勵」應該在你養成新習慣後立即得到。
"Rewards have to be experienced right after we do something in order to build habit associations in memory," she writes.
「為了在記憶中建立習慣聯繫,獎勵必須在我們做某事後立即被體驗」,她寫道。
Building new habits can take time.
養成新的習慣需要時間。
You may have to repeat an action many times before it becomes a habit.
在一個行為成為習慣之前,你可能需要重複多次。
But with time, careful planning and continued practice, you can do it.
但隨著時間的推移,通過仔細的計劃和持續的練習,你是可以做到的。
I'm John Russell.
我是約翰·拉塞爾。
這裡是 美國之音 頻道