◆ 玩水槍是play water gun嗎?
◆ 水平拿、豎著拿,英文怎麼說?
◆ 如何用英文給寶寶簡單講述水槍射擊的原理?
Water Gun Fun
玩水槍
Mom: It's so hot today,
媽媽:今天真熱,
which means it is a great time to have a water gun fight!
這說明今天很適合打水仗!
What do you think?
你覺得怎麼樣?
Child: Yes! That would be fun!
寶寶:嗯!肯定很有意思!
Mom: Okay. Let's go pull the water guns out.
媽媽:好的。我們把水槍拿出來。
亦可將pull替換為take。
I think they are in the top of your closet.
我覺得在你柜子的最上面那層。
這裡的top指柜子「最上面那層」,所以用in the top of,如果想表達「最上面」,用on the top of。
Child: Can I be the one to climb the ladder to get them?
寶寶:我可以負責爬梯子夠它們嗎?
Mom: Sure, but be careful.
媽媽:可以,但是小心一點。
As soon as we are all packed,
我們裝好東西,
we will head to the park and
就出發去公園,
I will show you how to use the water gun.
我會教你如何使用水槍。
They have a splash pad
那裡有一個戲水池,
that would be a place to play with water guns.
可以在那兒玩水槍。
玩水槍是play with water guns或者play with a water gun,而不是play water gun,因為水槍是一個玩具,而不是一個遊戲。
Then, we might go play in their kiddy pool.
然後,我們可以在兒童池裡玩會兒。
(At the Park 在公園)
Mom: Let's get started.
媽媽:我們開始吧。
I'll show you how to fill your water gun.
我來教你如何往水槍裡灌水。
We can also call it "loading" your gun.
我們也可以管它叫給槍「裝子彈」。
First, let's fill up our bucket with some water.
首先,我們往桶裡接一些水。
It's hard to fill up the water gun in a shallow place like the kiddy pool.
在兒童池這種淺的地方很難給水槍灌水。
You need depth so you can stick your water gun in enough
你需要足夠的深度,才能把水槍插進去,
to get all the water you need.
抽到你所需要的水。
Child: What do I do with it?
寶寶:我要怎麼做呢?
Mom: Set the bucket down on a flat and stable surface.
媽媽:把桶放在一塊又平又穩的地方。
You don't want it to tip over and spill all the water.
你可別把它打翻,把水灑出來。
Child: Can I hold the water gun now?
寶寶:我現在可以拿水槍了嗎?
Mom: Yes. Now hold it vertically, or up and down.
媽媽:嗯。現在把它豎著拿起來,也就是上下拿。
Keep the handle pointed towards the sky
讓手把的地方朝向天空,
and the point of the gun towards the ground.
槍口朝向地面。
Put the end of the gun in the bucket and keep it there
把水槍的末端放進桶裡,一直放在那兒,
while you pull the handle up.
然後拉起水槍把手。
This brings water into the gun.
這樣水就被吸進水槍裡了。
Child: How does that bring water into the gun?
寶寶:為什麼這樣水就能進入水槍裡呢?
Mom: When we pull the handle,
媽媽:當我們拉起水槍把手,
the suction pulls water into the empty barrel of the gun.
吸力會把水吸到空的槍管裡。
Then, when we push the handle back in,
然後,當我們推回槍把手的時候,
it creates pressure,
它會產生壓力,
which shoots the water back out of the gun.
就會把水從水槍裡射出來。
Looks like your water gun is fully loaded!
看起來你的水槍裝滿了!
Why don't you give it a try?
你試試吧。
Child: Watch out!
寶寶:小心!
Mom: Remember, don't swing it around people
媽媽:記得不要在人群中甩來甩去,
and only hold it horizontally when you are ready to shoot.
你準備射擊的時候,再水平地拿著它。
We don't want to hit anybody with the gun.
我們不想拿水槍打到任何人。
If you angle it up towards the sky,
如果你讓它朝向天空,
you can make the water go further.
你可以讓水射得更遠。
Very good!
很好!
I'm going to fill mine.
我要給我的水槍裝水了。
You better watch out.
你最好小心一點。
I'm a good shot!
我可是個好射手哦!
Shot除了有發射的意思,還有射手的意思。
Child: Let the battle begin!
寶寶:讓我們開始戰鬥吧!