TED:電影如何改變我們看待世界的方式?

2021-03-01 TED英語演講課

I'm a storyteller,

我是個講故事的人

but I'm also a troublemaker.

但我也是個麻煩製造者。

And I have a habit of asking difficult questions.

我有問困難問題的習慣。

It started when I was 10 years old,

從我10歲開始,

and my mother,

還有我媽媽

who was raising six children,

他撫養了六個孩子,

had no time for them.

沒有時間陪他們。

At 14, fed up with my increasingly annoying questions,

14歲,受夠了我越來越煩人的問題,

she recommended that I begin writing for the local English-language newspaper in Pakistan,

她建議我開始為巴基斯坦當地的英文報紙寫作,

to put my questions out to the entire country, she said.

把我的問題傳遍全國,她說。

At 17, I was an undercover investigative journalist.

17歲的時候,我是一名臥底調查記者。

I don't even think my editor knew just how young I was when I sent in a story that named and shamed some very powerful people.

我甚至不認為我的編輯知道我有多年輕時,我寫了一個故事,羞辱了一些非常有權勢的人。

The men I'd written about wanted to teach me a lesson.

我寫的那些人想給我上一課。

They wanted to shame me and my family.

他們想羞辱我和我的家人。

They spray-painted my name and my family's name with unspeakable profanities across our front gate and around our neighborhood.

他們把我的名字和我家的名字噴在我們的前門和我們的鄰居周圍,用無法形容的髒話塗上了我和我家的名字。

And they felt that my father,

他們覺得我父親

who was a strict man of tradition,

他是個嚴格的傳統人,

would stop me.

會阻止我。

Instead, my father stood in front of me and said,

相反,我父親站在我面前說:

"If you speak the truth,

「如果你說出真相

I will stand with you,

我會和你站在一起

and so will the world."

世界也將如此。「

And then he got --

然後他.

And then he got a group of people together and they whitewashed the walls.

然後他把一群人聚集在一起,他們粉刷了牆壁。

I've always wanted my stories to jolt people,

我一直希望我的故事能震撼人們,

to shake them into having difficult conversations.

說服他們進行困難的談話。

And I felt that I would be more effective if I did something visual.

我覺得如果我做些視覺上的事情,我會更有效率。

And so at 21,

所以在21歲的時候,

I became a documentary filmmaker,

我成了紀錄片製片人,

turning my camera onto marginalized communities on the front lines in war zones,

把我的鏡頭轉到戰區前線的邊緣社區,

eventually returning home to Pakistan,

最終回到巴基斯坦,

where I wanted to document violence against women.

我想記錄下對婦女的暴力行為。

Pakistan is home to 200 million people.

巴基斯坦有2億人口。

And with its low levels of literacy,

而且文化程度很低,

film can change the way people perceive issues.

電影可以改變人們看待問題的方式。

An effective storyteller speaks to our emotions,

一個善於講故事的人能表達我們的情感,

elicits empathy and compassion,

引起同情和同情,

and forces us to look at things differently.

迫使我們以不同的眼光看待事物。

In my country,

在我的國家,

film had the potential to go beyond cinema.

電影有超越電影的潛力。

It could change lives.

它會改變生活。

The issues that I've always wanted to raise -- I've always wanted to hold up a mirror to society -- they've been driven by my barometer of anger.

我一直想提出的問題-我一直想為社會樹立一面鏡子-它們是由我憤怒的晴雨表驅動的。

And my barometer of anger led me, in 2014,

我的憤慨導致了我,在2014年,

to honor killings.

為了紀念殺戮遇害者。

Honor killings take place in many parts of the world,

名譽殺人發生在世界許多地方,

where men punish women who transgress rules made by them: women who choose to marry on their own free will; or women who are looking for a divorce; or women who are suspected of having illicit relationships.

如果男子懲罰違反自己制定的規則的婦女:自願結婚的婦女;尋求離婚的婦女;或涉嫌有不正當關係的婦女。

In the rest of the world,

在世界其他地方,

honor killings would be known as murder.

名譽殺人就是謀殺。

I always wanted to tell that story from the perspective of a survivor.

我一直想從倖存者的角度講這個故事。

But women do not live to tell their tale and instead end up in unmarked graves.

但是女人活著並不是為了講述她們的故事,而是在沒有標記的墳墓裡。

So one morning when I was reading the newspaper,

所以有一天早上我讀報紙的時候,

and I read that a young woman had miraculously survived after being shot in the face by her father and her uncle because she chose to marry a man out of her free will,

我讀到一位年輕女子因自願選擇嫁給一個男人而被她的父親和叔叔槍殺後奇蹟般地活了下來,

I knew I had found my storyteller.

我知道我找到我的說書人了。

Saba was determined to send her father and her uncle to jail,

薩巴決心把她父親和她叔叔送進監獄,

but in the days after leaving the hospital,

但在離開醫院的幾天裡,

pressure mounted on her to forgive.

壓力越來越大,要求她原諒。

You see, there was a loophole in the law that allowed for victims to forgive perpetrators,

你看,法律上有個漏洞允許受害者原諒罪犯,

enabling them to avoid jail time.

讓他們免於入獄。

And she was told that she would be ostracized and her family, her in-laws,

她被告知她會被排斥,她的家人,她的姻親,

they would all be shunned from the community,

他們都會被社區拒之門外,

because many felt that her father had been well within his right,

因為很多人覺得她的父親已經在他的權利範圍之內,

given her transgression.

考慮到她的過往。

She fought on -- for months.

她戰鬥了好幾個月。

But on the final day in court,

但在法庭的最後一天,

she gave a statement forgiving them.

她說了一句原諒他們的話。

As filmmakers, we were devastated,

作為電影製片人,我們被摧毀了,

because this was not the film that we had set out to make.

因為這不是我們要拍的電影。

In hindsight, had she pressed charges,

事後看來,如果她提出指控,

fought the case and won,

打了官司贏了

hers would have been an exception.

她會是個例外。

When such a strong woman is silenced,

當一個堅強的女人被壓制時,

what chance did other women have?

其他女人有什麼機會?

And we began to think about using our film to change the way people perceived honor killings,

我們開始考慮用我們的電影來改變人們對榮譽殺人的看法,

to impact the loophole in the law.

影響法律的漏洞。

And then our film was nominated for an Academy Award,

然後我們的電影被提名為奧斯卡獎,

and honor killings became headline news,

名譽殺人成了頭條新聞,

and the prime minister,

首相,

while sending his congratulations,

在向他表示祝賀的同時,

offered to host the first screening of the film at his office.

主動提出在他的辦公室主持這部電影的第一次放映。

Of course, we jumped at the chance,

當然,我們抓住了機會,

because no prime minister in the history of the country had ever done so.

因為在這個國家的歷史上從來沒有首相這樣做過。

And at the screening,

在放映時,

which was carried live on national television,

在國家電視臺直播,

he said something that reverberated throughout the country: "There is no honor in honor killings,"

他說了一句在全國引起反響的話:「榮譽殺人沒有榮譽可言,」

he said.

他說。

At the Academy Awards in LA,

在洛杉磯的奧斯卡頒獎典禮上,

many of the pundits had written us off,

很多權威人士都把我們拒之門外,

but we felt that in order for the legislative push to continue,

但我們覺得為了繼續推動立法,

we needed that win.

我們需要那場勝利。

And then, my name was announced,

然後,我的名字被宣布了,

and I bounded up the steps in flip-flops,

我穿著拖鞋跳上臺階,

because I didn't expect to be onstage.

因為我沒想到會出現在舞臺上。

And I accepted the statue,

我接受了雕像,

telling a billion people watching that the prime minister of Pakistan had pledged to change the law, because, of course,

告訴十億人,巴基斯坦總理已經承諾要改變法律,因為,當然,

that's one way of holding the prime minister accountable.

這是追究總理責任的一種方式。

And --

然後.

Back home, the Oscar win dominated headline news,

在國內,奧斯卡金像獎佔據了頭條新聞,

and more people joined the fray,

更多的人加入了這場爭鬥,

asking for the loophole in the law to be closed.

要求堵住法律的漏洞。

And then in October 2016,

然後在2016年10月,

after months of campaigning,

經過幾個月的競選,

the loophole was indeed closed.

這個漏洞確實被堵住了。

And now men who kill women in the name of honor receive life imprisonment.

現在,以榮譽為名殺害女性的男性將被判處終身監禁。

Yet, the very next day,

然而,就在第二天,

a woman was killed in the name of honor,

一位女士以榮譽的名義被殺,

and then another and another.

然後又一個。

We had impacted legislation,

我們影響了立法,

but that wasn't enough.

但這還不夠。

We needed to take the film and its message to the heartland,

我們需要把電影和它的信息帶到中心地帶,

to small towns and villages across the country.

到全國各地的小城鎮和村莊。

You see, for me,

你看,對我來說,

cinema can play a very positive role in changing and molding society in a positive direction.

電影在積極改變和塑造社會方面可以發揮非常積極的作用。

But how would we get to these places?

但我們怎麼去這些地方?

How would we get to these small towns and villages?

我們如何到達這些小城鎮和村莊?

We built a mobile cinema,

我們建了一個移動電影院,

a truck that would roll through the length and breadth of the country,

一輛橫貫全國各地的卡車,

that would stop in small towns and villages.

這將在小城鎮和村莊停止。

We outfitted it with a large screen that would light up the night sky,

我們為它配備了一個能照亮夜空的大屏幕,

and we called it "Look But With Love."

我們稱之為「看但用愛」

It would give the community an opportunity to come together and watch films in the evening.

這將使社區有機會在晚上聚在一起看電影。

We knew we could attract men and children in the mobile cinema.

我們知道我們可以在移動影院吸引男人和孩子。

They would come out and watch.

他們會出來看著的。

But what about women?

但是女人呢?

In these small,

在這些小的,

rural communities that are segregated,

被隔離的農村社區,

how would we get women to come out?

我們怎麼才能讓女人出來?

We had to work with prevailing cultural norms in order to do so,

我們必須與主流文化規範合作才能做到這一點,

and so we built a cinema inside the cinema,

所以我們在電影院裡建了一個電影院,

outfitting it with seats and a screen where women could go inside and watch without fearing or being embarrassed or harassment.

為它配備座椅和屏幕,讓女性可以進去觀看,而不用擔心、尷尬或騷擾。

We began to introduce everyone to films that opened up their minds to competing worldviews,

我們開始向每個人介紹那些讓他們的思想向相互競爭的世界觀敞開心扉的電影,

encouraging children to build critical thinking so that they could ask questions.

鼓勵孩子們建立批判性思維,這樣他們才能提出問題。

And we expanded our scope beyond honor killings,

我們把範圍擴大到榮譽殺人,

talking about income inequality, the environment,

說到收入不平等,環境,

talking about ethnic relations,

說到種族關係,

religious tolerance and compassion.

宗教寬容和同情。

And inside, for women,

在內心,對於女人來說,

we showed them films in which they were heroes, not victims,

我們給他們看了他們是英雄而不是受害者的電影,

and we told them how they could navigate the court system,

我們告訴他們如何在法庭系統中航行,

the police system,

警察系統,

educating them about their rights,

教育他們了解自己的權利,

telling them where they could seek refuge if they were victims of domestic violence,

告訴他們,如果他們是家庭暴力的受害者,他們可以在哪裡尋求庇護,

where they could go and get help.

去那裡尋求幫助。

We were surprised that we were welcomed in so many of the places that we went to.

我們感到驚訝的是,在我們去過的許多地方,我們都受到了歡迎。

Many of the towns had never seen television or social media,

許多城鎮從來沒有看過電視或社交媒體,

and they were eager for their children to learn.

他們渴望孩子們學習。

But there was also pushback and blowback with the ideas that we were bringing with us.

但我們帶來的想法也遭到了回擊和回擊。

Two members of our mobile cinema team resigned because of threats from villages.

我們移動影院隊的兩名成員因來自村莊的威脅而辭職。

And in one of the villages that we were screening in,

在我們正在篩選的一個村莊裡,

they shut it down and said they didn't want the women to know about their rights.

他們關閉了它,說他們不想讓這些女人知道她們的權利。

But on the flip side,

但另一方面,

in another village when a screening was shut down,

在另一個村莊,當放映被關閉時,

a plainclothes policeman got up and ordered it back on,

一個便衣警察站起來,命令把它開回去,

and stood by,

袖手旁觀,

protecting our team,

保護我們的團隊

telling everyone that it was his duty to expose the young minds to an alternative worldview and to this content.

告訴每個人,他的職責是讓年輕人接受另一種世界觀和這一內容。

He was an ordinary hero.

他是個普通的英雄。

But we've come across so many of these heroes on our journey.

但我們在旅途中遇到了這麼多英雄。

In another town,

在另一個城鎮,

where the men said that only they could watch and the women had to stay home,

男人說只有他們能看,女人只能呆在家裡,

a community elder got up,

一位社區老人站起來,

got a group of people together,

把一群人聚集在一起,

had a discussion,

進行了討論,

and then both men and women sat down to watch together.

然後男人和女人都坐下來一起看。

We are documenting what we are doing.

我們正在記錄我們正在做的事情。

We talk to people.

我們和人說話。

We adapt.

我們適應。

We change the lineup of films.

我們改變電影的陣容。

When we show men films that show perpetrators of violence behind bars,

當我們放映那些在監獄裡施暴者的電影時,

we want to hit home the fact that if men are violent,

我們想告訴大家,如果男人是暴力的,

there will be repercussions.

會有影響的。

But we also show films where men are seen as championing women,

但我們也放映了一些電影,其中男人被認為是女性的代言人,

because we want to encourage them to take on those roles.

因為我們想鼓勵他們扮演這些角色。

For women, when we show them films in which they are heads of state or where they are lawyers and doctors and in leadership positions,

對婦女來說,當我們給她們看電影時,她們是國家元首,或者是律師和醫生,擔任領導職務,

we talk to them and encourage them to step into those roles.

我們和他們交談,鼓勵他們加入這些角色。

We are changing the way people in these villages interact,

我們正在改變這些村莊的人們互動的方式,

and we're taking our learnings into other places.

我們正在把我們的知識帶到其他地方。

Recently, a group contacted us and wants to take our mobile cinema to Bangladesh and Syria,

最近有一個團體聯繫我們,想把我們的手機電影院帶到孟加拉國和敘利亞,

and we're sharing our learnings with them.

我們和他們分享我們的經驗。

We feel it's really important to take what we are doing and spread it across the world.

我們覺得把我們正在做的事情傳播到世界各地是非常重要的。

In small towns and villages across Pakistan,

在巴基斯坦的小城鎮和村莊,

men are changing the way they interact with women,

男性正在改變他們與女性互動的方式,

children are changing the way they see the world,

孩子們正在改變他們看待世界的方式,

one village at a time, through cinema.

一次一個村莊,通過電影院。

Thank you.

謝謝。

相關焦點

  • TED | 電影如何改變我們看待世界的方式?
    由於文盲很多,採用電影的形式可以有效的改變人們看待事情的方式。An effective storyteller speaks to our emotions, elicits empathy and compassion and forces us to look at things differently.
  • 英國電影:泰迪熊 Ted
    直到約翰遇上了讓他一見鍾情的姑娘勞麗,他才決心要改變自己。可是,這時候泰迪熊卻開始不滿了,他處處幫倒忙,對勞麗充滿敵意,泰迪熊一定要破壞約翰和勞麗的感情,完全和童年時那個陪伴自己度過孤獨的可愛小熊相去甚遠。重色輕友還是重友輕色?
  • TED演講精選:攝影專題(50部高清中文字幕合集)
    language=zh-cn《美國國家地理》雜誌攝影總監大衛·葛林芬堅信攝影有一種力量,能夠將我們與所生存的世界緊密聯繫在一起。在TED演講臺上,葛林芬通過他雜誌旗下攝影師拍攝的一系列經典攝影作品,向我們講述了如何用照片來敘事。http://www.ted.com/talks/david_griffin_on_how_photography_connects?
  • TEDxHangzhouLive 活動發布 —— TED2020: Uncharted
    2020的我們有了一個思考的契機,也許我們應該從各自的舒適圈裡走出來,打破偏見和枷鎖,開啟一扇新的門,踏入一個新的世界。8月9日,和TEDx杭州一起探索自己,探索TEDx杭州,探索未知的世界。「我們被承諾將擁有一個充滿網絡瀏覽器般的未來,但如果未來是有血有肉的呢?」 Agapakis深入研究了生物學是如何擴展技術,改變我們了解自我的方式,揭示了藝術、科學和社會之間令人驚訝的模糊界限。合成生物學本身並不矛盾,它研究了自然和技術的界限,能夠塑造未來。怎麼塑造?
  • TEDxHangzhouLive 活動發布 —— TED2020: Uncharted(文末有福利)
    2020的我們有了一個思考的契機,也許我們應該從各自的舒適圈裡走出來,打破偏見和枷鎖,開啟一扇新的門,踏入一個新的世界。8月9日,和TEDx杭州一起探索自己,探索TEDx杭州,探索未知的世界。當生物學變成科技時,這個世界會怎麼變化?「我們被承諾將擁有一個充滿網絡瀏覽器般的未來,但如果未來是有血有肉的呢?」 Agapakis深入研究了生物學是如何擴展技術,改變我們了解自我的方式,揭示了藝術、科學和社會之間令人驚訝的模糊界限。合成生物學本身並不矛盾,它研究了自然和技術的界限,能夠塑造未來。怎麼塑造?
  • 你改變不了心愛的流行文化,但可以換個方式看待它
    本文作者從自身經歷出發,探討了這種念頭可能帶來的危害,以及該如何擺正看待流行文化作品的心態,才能減少失望,求同存異。這也讓人想起電影《危情十日》描述的極端劇情,以愛為名,卻是綁架之行。你又如何看待呢?其實,當你感到自己被所愛的故事背叛了的時候,我們可以用一種更有益於我們的文化與自身的方式來做出回應。
  • 疫情來襲,可以陪孩子在家看這幾部電影,一部好的電影,改變一個人看待世界的方式
    「一部好的電影,改變一個人看待世界的方式。」
  • BBC紀錄片:《狗的秘密生活.Secret Life of Dogs.2013 》,狗如何看待世界,又是如何看待我們?
    但我們真的了解我們忠實的夥伴嗎,他們如何看待世界,如何看待我們?紀錄片為我們發現了狗的第六感。永遠的忠誠,難以置信的直覺,紀錄片循著一隻狗的成長軌跡,發現狗狗的潛藏能力。過去的幾年裡,科學家對犬類的思維和身體進行了比以往更深入的研究,結果令人驚嘆,我們對狗將有一個全新的認識。
  • 翻譯與大眾文化:翻譯如何改變我們的生活方式?
    翻譯與大眾文化:翻譯如何改變我們的生活方式?除了傳導觀點與知識,翻譯也在不同的語言和文化之間承載著趣味與格調,在本土和異域之間傳遞著新的生活方式的可能性。在娛樂和媒體日益多元,翻譯行業的工作日趨商業化的今天,翻譯在大眾文化中扮演了怎樣的角色?在內容日趨碎片化、媒介日趨中心化的時代,翻譯工作的內容與作用是否也將迎來改變?從歷史與社會的角度看,我們又該如何評價翻譯對當代中國人生活的影響?
  • TED演講 | DNA就像一部動態電影,我們的經歷正在被寫入其中
    我們喝著幾杯啤酒,像所有科學家一樣,他跟我聊他的工作。他告訴我,他感興趣的是小鼠出生後,母鼠如何舔它們的嬰兒。我呆住了,說:「我交的稅就浪費在這兒了啊,——就是這種軟科學。」圖片來源:Pixabay他開始給我講,老鼠和人類一樣,用不同的方式舔撫她們的孩子。一些母親做的很多,一些母親做的很少,大多數介於兩者之間。
  • 《刷屏》——「YouTube如何改變世界」
    我們正處在視頻時代,而且每天觀看網絡視頻的時長近58分鐘,網紅粉絲規模近6億。當我們談到流行文化的時候,答案不再局限於世界盃或奧運會,一個簡單的視頻。這次我為大家拆解的這本書就是關於這個問題——刷屏深入探討了這些視頻是如何流行起來的,網紅主播怎樣快速吸引粉絲,以及如何引領流行文化。《刷屏》指出,在視頻時代,作為觀眾的我們擁有了前所未有的話語權,而這將改變娛樂產品的生產方式。
  • TED上的華裔面孔|譚恩美
    TED Speaker我們深深愛著的這些書:《喜福會》、《灶神之妻》和《靈感女孩》的作者——譚恩美
  • @TED演講
    每一次我在一個角色中的時候,我總是非常的驚訝,驚訝於大多數我扮演的角色充滿了男子氣概,魅力以及力量,當我看著鏡子的時候,我想這不是我如何看待我自己的。但這是好萊塢如何看待我的,隨著時間的推移,我注意到 熒幕前的我和熒幕後的我 有著相似之處。I've been pretending to be a man that I'm not my entire life.
  • 娜丁·拉巴基:最美女導演,如何讓電影成為改變世界的「武器」?
    事實證明,這樣的選角方式十分成功。贊恩雖然沒有經受過任何專業訓練,甚至因為當了8年難民,連字都不認識。但真實的生活,讓他幾乎不費力就能在鏡頭前還原難民生活的種種細節。他憂鬱的眼神,在成人世界中的生存技巧,他面對不幸的堅強與勇敢,都在鏡頭前自然地呈現。其他的業餘演員同樣也是如此出演生活中的自己。
  • 是我們改變了世界還是世界改變了我和你?
    《是我們改變了世界還是世界改變了我和你?》這首歌實際是很有哲理的。我們生活在大千世界中是我們改變了世界?還是世界改變了我們,很多人很困惑,很多人很迷茫。如果是我們改變了世界,我們並沒有覺得我們有那麼大的能力,如果說是世界改變了我們世界是如何是現在的樣子的?我們現在生活的世界是如何成為現在的樣子的?肯定世界已經發生了翻天覆地的變化,這個變化是如何產生的?是什麼讓世界又如此之大的變化呢?
  • 李小龍如何改變了世界
    ,他驚人的技擊能力為他帶來了顯赫的名聲和世界範圍內廣為流傳的電影作品,但是有多少人了解這個男人鐵拳快腿後面真實的一面。導演Steve Webb對白語言英語中文名李小龍如何改變了世界外文名How Bruce Lee Changed the World製片地區美國類型
  • BBC紀錄片丨《狗的秘密生活.Secret Life of Dogs.2013 》,狗如何看待世界,又是如何看待我們?
    但我們真的了解我們忠實的夥伴嗎,他們如何看待世界,如何看待我們?紀錄片為我們發現了狗的第六感。永遠的忠誠,難以置信的直覺,紀錄片循著一隻狗的成長軌跡,發現狗狗的潛藏能力。過去的幾年裡,科學家對犬類的思維和身體進行了比以往更深入的研究,結果令人驚嘆,我們對狗將有一個全新的認識。
  • 回顧| 當IDGF與TED-TALK相遇
    --席勒《隨筆》我們在上個星期進行了一個緊張刺激的ted talk比賽,每個選手都用自己的語言和生動形象的ppt來打動每一位觀眾,那麼讓我們一起回顧一下ted talk的精彩瞬間吧!                                              第一位選手是來自高一一班的黎宏宇Henrry,他用自己的語言表達了他對成功的認識,還簡單的介紹了應該如何面對成功。
  • 一部好的電影,可以改變一個人看待世界的方式.8部豆瓣超高分電影(最高9.9),一定要帶娃一起看!強烈推薦收藏!!!
    李安曾說過一句話:一部好的電影,可以改變一個人看待世界的方式。孩子的心很純淨,我們讓他學習、讀書,告訴他如何做人,都是為了讓孩子儘早形成正確的三觀,能夠充滿善意的看待這個世界。在孩子長到一定年齡後,相比純粹的閱讀看電影,能帶給他更加直觀的感受,更深刻的觸動心靈,從而引發思考,可謂妙處多多。
  • 電影《無聲》「為了不讓世界改變我們?」
    ,所以不偏好以此說法形容之,但思考時仍舊難以避免與此部知名韓國電影有所連接、相互比較。「我們一路奮戰,不是為了改變世界,而是為了不讓世界改變我們。」此為《熔爐》片尾扣人心弦的獨白,放在《無聲》中字字句句依然擲地有聲,假使我們不願秉持崇高的情操、信仰或理由冒險做些更像人類的行為,那你的人生註定充滿虛假;因此為了不公不義發聲,為了良知良能挺身,背後的目的不是讓壞人罪有應得,為的是拒絕讓悲劇於其他孩子,甚至於我們的下一代身上重演,林奕含沉默了一生後含淚寫下,忍耐不是美德,把忍耐當成美德是這個偽善的世界維持它扭曲的秩序的方式,要記得,憤怒才是美德