木匠爺爺雕刻了一個小木偶,取名「匹諾曹」。神奇的木偶能說會動,幾經歷險,最後變成了真正的小男孩。
(可放大橫屏觀看)
*視頻來源於網絡,僅供學習交流。若有侵權,請聯繫作者。Narrator:Long long ago,there lived an old toy-maker named Geppetto.
旁白:從前,有一位製作玩具的老爺爺,名叫「蓋比特」。
When he worked, Geppetto felt happy.
當他工作時,他很開心。
When he took rest, a sad feeling came over him.
當他休息時,一股悲傷的感覺卻籠罩著他。
Geppetto:Ah!...All my life and I have no child to call my own!
蓋比特:啊!我這一生都沒有自己的孩子。
Narrator: One day, Geppetto carved a puppet from wood in the shape of a boy.
旁白:一天,蓋比特用木頭雕刻了一個男孩形狀的木偶。
While putting him in the cupboard, he said,"I will call you Pinocchio."
當把他放在櫥櫃裡時,蓋比特說:「我就叫你匹諾曹吧。」
Narrator:That night, from out of the window, a big star twinkled brightly.
旁白:那天晚上,一顆流星從窗外划過。
Geppetto looked out the window to the twinkling star and made an impossible wish, " If I could make one wish, it would be that I could have a real boy of my own."
蓋比特望著窗外的流星,許了一個不切實際的願望:「如果我可以許一個願望,那就是擁有一個自己真正的孩子。」
Narrator: That night, the same big star swooshed right into Geppetto's room. It changed into a Blue Fairy!
旁白:那天晚上,一顆流星衝進了蓋比特的房間。變成了一位藍色仙女!
Narrator: The Blue Fairy flew over to the bed and said to sleeping Geppetto, "Wise Geppetto, you gave everyone happiness by creating beautiful toys and clocks. Now it's my turn to fulfill your wish."
旁白:藍色仙女飛到床邊,對熟睡的蓋比特說:「聰明的蓋比特,您製作了美麗的玩偶和鐘錶,帶給了所有人快樂。現在讓我來實現您的願望。」
Narrator: Then she turned to Pinocchio and said, "Little wood puppet, you will be able to walk and talk like a real boy."
旁白:然後她轉向匹諾曹說:「小木偶,你將像真正的孩子一樣走路和說話。」
She tapped the puppet one time with her wand, "And if you can prove that you are brave and ture, someday you will be a real boy."
她用魔法棒對木偶施了魔法,「如果你能證明自己的勇敢和誠實,那麼有一天,你將成為一個真正的男孩。」
Narrator: Pinocchio's eyes opened and with another spell of the fairy, a cricket appeared.
旁白:匹諾曹睜開了雙眼。隨著仙女新一輪咒語,出現了一隻蟋蟀。
Fairy: Meet Mr.Gemini Cricket, he will be your conscious. He will stay with you to help you make wise choices.
仙女:這是蟋蟀——傑米尼,他將成為你的引領者,陪伴和幫助你做出明智的選擇。
Narrator: And with that, the Blue Fairy went swoosh and was gone.
旁白:隨後,藍色仙女「嗖「的一聲,消失了。
Narrator: When Geppetto woke up the next morning, he said," I will go to take my Pinocchio out of the cupboard to finish some final touches."
旁白:第二天早晨,蓋比特醒來說:「我要把匹諾曹從櫥櫃裡拿出來做最後的修飾。」
But the cupboard was empty!
但是櫥櫃裡什麼也沒有!
Geppetto was worried and he began to search the whole house.
蓋比特很擔心,他開始在房子裡尋找。
Narrator: Suddenly, a voice came from the other side of the room,"Hehehe! Papa! Here I am, Papa."
旁白:突然,房間另一邊傳來一個聲音:「嘿嘿嘿!爸爸!我在這裡,爸爸。」
Geppetto: 「What? You can talk?」
蓋比特:「什麼?你能講話?」
Pinocchio: Yep! I'm Pinocchio, your boy!
匹諾曹:對呀,我是匹諾曹,您的孩子!
Geppetto: 「How can this be?」
蓋比特:「發生了什麼?」
Narrator: He rushed over and swept the wooden puppet into his arms.
旁白:他衝過去,把木偶攬進懷裡。
「Pinocchio, my son!」 He said in great happiness.
「匹諾曹,我的孩子!」 他高興地說道。
Narrator: One day, Pinocchio saw some boys going to school and he said to Geppetto," I want to go to school like other boys."
旁白:有一天,匹諾曹看到上學的孩子們,他對蓋比特說:「我想像其他孩子一樣去上學。」
Later that day, Geppetto came back home with schoolbooks, "Now you can go to school."
那天晚些時候,蓋比特帶著課本回到家:「現在你可以上學了。」
Narrator: The next morning, Pinocchio said goodbye to Geppetto. He skipped along the path to school, humming as he went.
旁白:第二天早上,匹諾曹道別了蓋比特,哼著小曲兒,蹦蹦跳跳地去上學。
The Cricket rode on his shoulder, happy too.
蟋蟀也高興地騎在他的肩上。
Narrator: Coming up to them on the path was a greedy Fox and a dumb Cat.
旁白:迎面走來一隻貪婪的狐狸和一隻愚蠢的貓。
Fox: What a lovely boy you are! And where are you going on this fine day?
狐狸:多麼可愛的小男孩呀!這麼美好的日子,你要去哪兒呀?
Pinocchio: I am going to school!
匹諾曹:我要去上學。
Fox: You should come with us to the fair.
狐狸:你應該跟我們一起去集市。
Narrator: He put his arm around Pinocchio's shoulder, " Listen to me, anything you need to know you can learn at the fair."
旁白:他挽著匹諾曹,「聽我的,你想了解的都可以從集市上學到。」
Pinocchio: Really?
匹諾曹:真的嗎?
Fox: I will write down on bond and you can take it from me.
狐狸:我可以給你寫下保證。
Cat: Yaa! You should take it from him. Hehehehe~
貓:呀!你應該向他要保證。嘿嘿嘿嘿~
Fox: Shut up! You moron! Don't mind him, Pinocchio. Let's go to the fair and you can see for yourself.
狐狸:閉嘴!你個白痴。匹諾曹,別理他。我們去集市吧,自己瞧瞧。
The Gemini said," Pinocchio! He does not know what he is talking about!"
傑米尼提醒說:「匹諾曹!他在瞎扯!」
The Fox flicked his finger and toss Gemini Cricket away.
狐狸用手指輕輕彈走了蟋蟀傑米尼。
Fox: Pinocchio! Don't listen to him!
狐狸:匹諾曹!別聽他的!
Pinocchio: Okay!Let's go to the fair!
匹諾曹:好吧!我們去集市!
Narrator: And off they went.
旁白:然後他們一起去了。
Cricket:No, Pinocchio, stop!
蟋蟀:不!匹諾曹,停下來!
Narrator: But Pinocchio, the Fox and the Cat did not hear him.
旁白:但是匹諾曹,狐狸和貓沒有理他。
Narrator: They were already inside the fair.
旁白:當他們來到集市。
On stage, a puppet show was running in full swing.
舞臺上正上演著一場精彩的木偶戲。
Pinocchio: I am a puppet, too! I can dance like that!
匹諾曹:我也是個木偶!也可以像那樣舞蹈!
Narrator: Pinocchio jumped right onto the stage and started to dance with the other puppets.
旁白:匹諾曹跳上舞臺,開始和其他木偶一起舞蹈。
Narrator: Suddenly, the crowd started to cheer.
旁白:突然,人群開始歡呼起來。
"Look at that puppet! It has no strings!"
「看看那個木偶!它沒有繩子!」
"No strings? Amazing!"
「沒有繩子?太神奇了!」
Everyone laughed and laughed. They throw coins on the stage.
笑聲此起彼伏,大家都往舞臺上扔硬幣。
Narrator: A man named Stromboli who ran the fair saw coins fly onto the stage.
旁白:集市老闆——斯特龍博利,看到了舞臺上的硬幣。
He was a gypsy and cruel man who was very greedy.
他是個殘酷又貪婪的吉普賽人。
"Well, now!" rubbing his chin," This puppet with no strings will make me rich!」
「太好了!」斯特龍博利摸著他的下巴,「這個沒有繩子的木偶會讓我變得富有!」
Narrator: The next thing Pinocchio knew he was picked up and thrown into a cage.
旁白:接著匹諾曹被他抓起來扔進了籠子。
Pinocchio: Hey, get me out or I will call my papa. He will teach you a lesson.
匹諾曹:嘿,放我出去,不然我叫來爸爸,給你個教訓。
Stromboli: Hahaha! You think I am a fool? Haha,boy?
斯特龍博利:哈哈哈!你以為我是傻瓜嗎?哈哈,小孩?
Scream as loud as you want, I will never let you go.
想叫就大聲叫吧,我永遠不會放你走。
I was waiting for this day to come.
我等這天等了很久了。
Only you can make me the richest person in the world! Hahahahaha!
只有你才能讓我成為世界上最富有的人!哈哈哈哈哈!
Narrator: After Stromboli left, Pinocchio shouted for help.
旁白:斯特龍博利離開後,匹諾曹大喊救命。
No one else but Gemini Cricket heard Pinocchio's calls.
只有蟋蟀傑米尼聽到了匹諾曹的呼救。
Pinocchio: I am stuck! How did this happen to me? Whoa! Huhuhu!
匹諾曹:我被困住了!怎麼會這樣?哇!唔唔唔!
Cricket: This is because you were ignorant to me.
蟋蟀:這是因為你沒有相信我。
Now try not to cry. I am here with you.
不要哭,我在這兒陪你。
We will find some way out of this.
我們總會有辦法逃出去。
Narrator: All of a sudden, poof! There was the Blue Fairy.
旁白:突然,「嗖」的一聲,藍色仙女出現了。
Pinocchio: Please! Can you help me?
匹諾曹:求求您,能救救我嗎?
Fairy: Tell me first, how did you get inside that cage?
仙女:首先告訴我,你是怎麼進籠子的?
Narrator: He decides to lie to the Fairy about the incident, and then says,"Ummm, I was robbed."
旁白:他決定向仙女撒謊,「嗯,我被搶了。」
"Is that right?" She said with a frown.
「是嗎?」她皺著眉頭問。
Narrator: Pinocchio's nose began to grow.
旁白:匹諾曹的鼻子開始長長。
Pinocchio: Yes, robbed! By two men, no, four!
匹諾曹:是的,被搶了!被兩個人,不,四個!
Narrator: The nose grew more.
旁白:鼻子越長越長。
Pinocchio: They took my books. They made me come here. And they threw me into this cage!
匹諾曹:他們搶走了我的書,把我帶到這裡,扔進了籠子!
Narrator: His nose grew longer and longer, until grew more.
旁白:他的鼻子越來越長,直到變得很長。
Pinocchio could see nothing in front of his face but one big giant nose and birds nesting on it.
匹諾曹只看到面前有一個大鼻子,上面都有了鳥窩。
Pinocchio: Why is my nose so big?
匹諾曹:為什麼我的鼻子這麼大啊?
Fairy: Pinocchio! You must know what the truth really is.
藍色仙女:匹諾曹!告訴我真相吧。
Pinocchio: I guess so! I wanted to come to the fair. I came here with a Fox and a Cat.
匹諾曹:我猜是這樣,我想去集市,跟著狐狸和貓就來到了這裡。
Narrator: The nose grew shorter, and the nest fell down.
旁白:鼻子變短了,鳥窩也掉了下來。
Pinocchio: Then someone put me in this cage.
匹諾曹:然後被人關在籠子裡。
Narrator: The nose was back to normal.
旁白:鼻子恢復了原樣。
Fairy: Well done! Now I will get you out of here.
藍色仙女:好的!現在我就幫你逃出去。
Narrator: With a wave of her wand,
Pinocchio was out of the cage.
旁白:她揮動魔法棒,救出了匹諾曹。
Fairy: Here are your books. Know this you are on your own from now on. Make sure you do the right thing next time.
藍色仙女:這是你的書。從現在開始,你要靠你自己,別再做錯事了。
Narrator: After this conversation, the Blue Fairy vanished.
旁白:說完後,藍色仙女消失了。
Narrator: Pinocchio was back on the road to school.
旁白:匹諾曹回到了上學路上。
A Coachman with a beautiful white horse drove up.
一位車夫駕著漂亮的白馬車經過。
He had astonishing buggy with advertise"Pleasure Island" on it.
車上醒目地寫著「歡樂島」。
Coachman: Hey!Kid, how about a ride?
馬車夫:嘿!小孩兒!想坐車嗎?
Pinocchio: No, thank you. I am going to school.
匹諾曹:不了,謝謝。我要去上學。
Coach: You will ride faster with me.
馬車夫:坐車更快一些。
Pinocchio: Alright! I want to get to school right away!
匹諾曹:好吧!我想馬上趕到學校。
Narrator: When Pinocchio was inside the coach, the Coachman said, " Say, kid, why do you think boys like you go to school? "
旁白:坐上馬車後,馬車夫問:「孩子,說說你為什麼要上學呢?」
Pinocchio: To learn things and to grow up, I guess. So we can do what we want.
匹諾曹:我想是為了學習和成長。這樣我們就可以做自己想做的事。
Coachman: Whaa,well, what if I told you, you could do what you wanted right now!
馬車夫:哦,好吧,如果我告訴你,你現在就可以做自己想做的事呢!
Pinocchio: Right now?
匹諾曹:現在?
Coachman: Yeeh! Think about it. Skip the books. Skip the school. Right now. How would you like to have all the candy you can eat?
馬車夫:是的!想像一下,沒有書本,不去學校。馬上也可以吃到你想吃的所有糖果。
Pinocchio: All the candy?
匹諾曹:所有糖果?
Coachman: Yeeh...Ice cream, candy of every flavor. All this and more at Pleasure Island.
馬車夫:是啊…冰淇淋,各種口味的糖果,還有更多的東西都在歡樂島上。
Pinocchio: Pleasure Island?
匹諾曹:歡樂島?
Coachman: Best place in the world for boys like you!
馬車夫:對你這樣的孩子來說,歡樂島是世界上最好的地方!
Cricket: Don't listen to him, Pinocchio!
蟋蟀:別聽他的,匹諾曹!
Coachman: Why wait? I know just where Pleasure Island is. This is your lucky day, kid. So what do you say?
馬車夫:還在等什麼?我知道歡樂島在哪裡。今天是你的幸運日,孩子。難道不是嗎?
Pinocchio: Let's go there! I'm going to Pleasure Island!
匹諾曹:我們一起去那兒!我要去歡樂島!
Cricket: Ough! Here we go again!
蟋蟀:哎!又來了!
Narrator: After a while, the coach stopped. As Pinocchio looked around, he got excited.
旁白:過了一會兒,馬車停了下來。當匹諾曹環顧四周時,他興奮起來。
For everything the Coachman had told him was true!
因為車夫告訴他的一切都是真的!
Heaps of candy all over. Tubs of ice cream in every flavor.
到處都是糖果,各種口味的冰淇淋。
Boys like him could eat and eat and play all day.
像他這樣的孩子可以整天吃喝玩樂。
None of them had to work or clean up.
他們都不需要學習或打掃衛生。
Narrator: But after a few days, something was odd.
旁白:但過了幾天,發生了一些奇怪的事。
So he asked Gemini Cricket," Where did all the boys go? All I see now are donkeys."
於是他問蟋蟀傑米尼,「所有的孩子都去哪兒了?我現在只看到驢子。」
Cricket: I must say, there used to be more boys around here.
蟋蟀:我得說,之前這裡有很多孩子。
Narrator: Just then, one of his ears turned into a donkey ear.
旁白:就在那時,他的一隻耳朵突然變成了驢耳朵。
Then his other ear poped into a donkey ear, too.
接著另一隻耳朵也變成了驢耳朵。
Cricket: Oh, my! What is happening to you?
蟋蟀:哦,天哪!你怎麼了?
Pinocchio: I don't know. Heehaw! Heehaw! Oh, no!
匹諾曹:我不知道。嗯昂!嗯昂!哦,不!
Cricket: Now I get it! Boys get turned into donkeys here.
蟋蟀:我明白了!這裡的孩子們變成了驢。
Then the donkeys are sold!
然後被賣出去。
Cricket: Pinocchio! We have to get you out of here fast,while we still can!
蟋蟀:匹諾曹!我們必須儘快離開這裡!
Pinocchio: Let's go! Heehaw! Heehaw!
匹諾曹:我們快跑!嗯昂!嗯昂!
Cricket: Run,quick!
蟋蟀:快跑!
Narrator: They ran out of Pleasure Island. Soon they were at a dock by the ocean.
旁白:他們逃出了歡樂島。不久,來到了海邊碼頭。
Pinocchio called out to a man by the dock, " Please, Sir! I'm looking for an old man named Geppetto. Do you know him? Heehaw! Heehaw! "
匹諾曹對碼頭上一個人喊道:「先生,我在找一個叫蓋比特的老人。請問,您認識他嗎?嗯昂!嗯昂!」
Man: Oh, yes! That's the old man whose son left one morning and never came back.
男人:哦,認識!那個老人啊,他的兒子在一天早上離開後,再也沒有回來。
The old man went out on a boat to look for him.
老人就乘船出去找他。
No one has seen the poor fellow since.
從那以後再也沒人見過那個可憐的傢伙。
Pinocchio: Oh, no! This is entirely my fault. Heehaw! Heehaw!
匹諾曹:哦,不!這都是我的錯。嗯昂!嗯昂!
I must look for my father.
我必須去找我的父親。
I will find you! Father!
我一定會找到您的!爸爸!
Narrator: Pinocchio jumped off the dock into the ocean.
旁白:匹諾曹從碼頭跳進海裡。
The Cricket jumped in too, closed behind.
蟋蟀也跟著跳進了海裡。
Most of Pinocchio was still made of wood.
皮諾曹身體的大部分還是木頭做的。
So he could float on the ocean.
所以他可以漂浮在海上。
Narrator: Until something was rushing up towards them. Something big and very fast!
旁白:突然,一個龐然大物快速衝向他們。
In a moment, a giant whale was upon them.
瞬間,一條巨大的鯨魚遊到他們身邊。
It opened its giant jaws and with one gulp swallowed Pinocchio!
張開大嘴,一口吞下了皮諾曹!
Narrator: They were in the dark belly of the whale.
旁白:它們被吞進了鯨魚黑暗的肚子。
"Are you okay? " said Pinocchio to the Cricket.
匹諾曹問蟋蟀,「你還好嗎?」
Geppetto: I'm fine.
蓋比特:我很好。
Pinocchio: Wait a minute, father?
匹諾曹:等等,爸爸?
Is that you?
是您嗎?
Father, father, it's me. Pinocchio!
爸爸,爸爸,我是匹諾曹呀!
Geppetto: Pinocchio? My son! I thought I was dreaming!
蓋比特:匹諾曹?兒子!我在做夢吧!
Narrator: They hugged in joy.
旁白:他們高興地擁抱在一起。
Pinocchio was sorry for leaving him alone.
匹諾曹為獨自離開感到內疚。
And Geppetto was happy to find
Pinocchio back.
蓋比特很開心找回了匹諾曹。
Pinocchio: I am so sorry, father!
匹諾曹:爸爸,對不起!
I have realized my mistakes and will never leave you alone again.
我知道錯了,再也不會獨自離開了。
We must get out of here.
我們一定要逃出去。
Cricket: I have an idea! Let's make a fire that will get us all out of here.
蟋蟀:我想到一個辦法!用生火的方法逃出這裡。
Narrator: They gathered driftwood which was mistakenly swallowed by the whale, and they got a fire going.
旁白:他們用鯨魚誤吞的浮木生了一團火。
Pinocchio: This is how we can make the whale sneeze!
匹諾曹:這樣我們可以讓鯨魚打噴嚏!
Narrator: Pinocchio waved his arms over the flame to make a lot of smoke. Soon, clouds of black smoke were rising up.
旁白:為了製造煙霧,匹諾曹揮動手上的火焰。不一會兒,濃煙滾滾。
Narrator: The whale gave a cough and then...「Aachooo!!!」
旁白:鯨魚開始咳嗽,然後「阿嚏!!!」
In one big sneeze, Pinocchio,
Geppetto, and Gemini Cricket flew out of the whale's blowhole, rolling over and over above the sea water.
一個巨大的噴嚏,匹諾曹,蓋比特和蟋蟀從鯨魚的噴水孔飛了出來, 掉進了波濤洶湧的海裡。
Narrator: At last, they landed on the shore.
旁白:最後,他們登上了岸。
Then, in a flash, the Blue Fairy appeared in front of them!
然後一道光閃現,藍色仙女出現在他們面前!
Fairy: Pinocchio, you saved your father.
藍色仙女:皮諾曹,你救了你的父親。
You made the right choices by listening to your conscious and proved that you are both brave and true.
你聽從內心的想法做出了正確的選擇,證明了自己的勇敢和誠實。
And now, you will be a real boy.
現在,你將成為一個真正的男孩。
Narrator: Blue Fairy tapped Pinocchio's head with her wand.
旁白:藍色仙女對著匹諾曹揮動了魔法棒。
Pinocchio looked at his soft arms and soft legs.
匹諾曹看著自己柔軟的手臂和雙腿。
The Blue Fairy turned to the Cricket and said, " His work is finished here. "
In a flash, the two of them were gone.
一道光閃現,他們兩個都消失了。
And Pinocchio and Geppetto lived happily ever after.
從此,匹諾曹和蓋比特過上了幸福的生活。
THE END 完
*文章為Vickie老師原創,未經允許,禁止轉載!