於我,過去,現在以及未來
by Siegfried Sassoon
西格夫裡·薩松
In me, past, present, future meet,
於我,過去、現在和未來
To hold long chiding conference.
商討聚會 各執一詞 紛擾不息。
My lusts usurp the present tense
林林總總的 欲望,掠取著我的現在
And strangle Reason in his seat.
把「理性」扼殺於它的寶座
My loves leap through the future's fence
我的愛情紛紛越過未來的藩籬
To dance with dream-enfranchised feet.
夢想解放出它們的雙腳 舞蹈不停
In me the cave-man clasps the seer,
於我,穴居人攫Apollo取了先知,
And garlanded Apollo goes
佩戴花環的阿波羅神
Chanting to Abraham's deaf ear.
向亞伯拉罕的聾耳唱嘆歌吟。
In me the tiger sniffs the rose.
心有猛虎,細嗅薔薇。
Look in my heart, kind friends, and tremble,
審視我的內心吧,親愛的朋友,你應顫慄,
Since there your elements ass