1--Our story begins high over New York City...我們的故事開始於
2--in the luxurious penthouse apartment...一間紐約市的屬於也許是這個世界上最不像天才的…
3--of perhaps the most unlikely genius the world has ever known.樓頂豪華別墅裡。
4--Sorry. You caught me doing my yoga.對不起,被你撞見我在做瑜伽了。
5--You were expecting downward dog, perhaps?你以為我是一隻倒過來的狗?
6--My name is Mr. Peabody.我的名字是皮博迪。
7--And since we're going to be spending some time together...因為我們將會相處一段時間…
8--I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself.所以我願意先和你介紹一下我自己。
9--You see, ever since I was a pup...當我還是一隻小狗的時候…
10--it was clear that I was different.很顯然我與眾不同。
11--I tried to fit in...我曾試著融進狗群…
12--No, thank you.不,謝了。
13--But never could.但總是做不到。
14--As I grew, I saw more and more of my littermates...隨著我逐漸長大,我見到越來越多的「狗友」……
15--being chosen by their new families.被新家庭領養了。
16--But for some reason, I never was.但出於某些原因,我從來沒被認領過。
17--Come on, boy! Fetch the stick!來吧小狗狗,去撿回來!
18--But why? Won't you just throw it again?為什麼?你想要我撿回來讓你再扔一次麼?
19--It's an exercise in futility.這只是一項毫無意義的運動。
20--I don't want this one, Mommy. He's sarcastic.媽,我不喜歡這隻狗。他太冷嘲熱諷了。
21--Wait, wait! Come back! Throw the stick.等等!回來!回來扔樹枝啊!
22--I'll stay, I'll heel, I'll even shake hands.我會坐著不動,我會後腳站立,我甚至會和你握手!
23--Bark, bark?汪,汪?
24--So, without a family of my own...所以,沒有我自己的家庭…
25--I dedicated myself to the pursuit of knowledge...我投身於知識…
26--culture, and athletics.文化,還有體育的追求。
27--I received my degree at Harvard.我在哈佛獲得了學位。
28--Vale-dog-torian, of course.史上第一隻狗狗,是的。
29--And then, I devoted myself to helping mankind.接著,我又投身於造福人類。
30--I pioneered new techniques in alternative energy.我開闊了可再生能源新技術。
31--Resolved geopolitical conflicts around the globe.解決了國際爭端。
32--And in my spare time...而且在我的空閒時間…
33--I invented the fist bump, planking, tearaway pants...我發明了打拳頭式招呼,下臥式撒尿,可撕扯褲子…
34--Auto-Tune...自動調音…
35--the backside ollie...背部翱驪(一種滑板動作)…
36--and Zumba.還有準巴舞。