「家裡只有他能一口氣把純淨水桶扛上飲水機。只有他懂得怎麼令不見了圖象的電視機恢復原樣。只有他知道從某某路到某某路應該怎麼走。只有他能說出國慶閱兵式上的這個是什麼彈,那個是什麼炮。」
「他修習了水管不再堵塞的魔法,他記住所有危險情況下的急救措施,他必須在任何人都感覺失落和絕望的時候依然做最後的支柱,決無動搖,決無遲疑。」
爸爸,即便時光卷亂風雲,你永遠是我的大英雄。父親節快樂!
My father was my hero
我的父親是英雄
My father was my hero, all throughout my life.
我的父親就是我的英雄,從始至終
The father of eight children, he saw his share of strife.
身為八個孩子的父親,他明白自己重任在身
When I was very little, he appeared to be so large.
我小的時候覺得他的身軀是那樣偉岸
In my eyes he could do anything, we all knew he was in charge.
在我眼裡他無所不能,我們都知道他能掌控一切
He was a man of great strength both physically and in mind,
他的身體和頭腦都充滿了力量
but in him there was a gentleness, he found ways to be outgoing and kind.
但他剛中帶柔,他懂得怎樣做到隨和和友善
Many days of childhood were greeted with a kiss,
童年的一天常以他的吻開始
and songs to me as I awoke, those days I surely miss.
醒來便伴著歌聲,我著實懷念那些日子
He made me feel so special, "Miss America" he would sing.
他給我唱「美國小姐」,讓我覺得自己與眾不同
I knew I had my father's love. It gave me courage to do almost anything.
我知道我擁有我父親的愛,這讓我有勇氣面對世上所有的挑戰
From him I learned to stand up tall, to be proud of who I am.
從他那裡我學到做人要挺直腰板,要為自己驕傲
Strength and determination were the qualities of this fine man.
力量與決心是這個好人的特質
As the years of his life dwindled down, that strength kept him alive.
當他漸漸老去,這種力量讓他保持生機
Plus the unfailing determination to help my ailing mother have the care she needed to survive.
這種不敗的決心還幫助我體弱多病的母親得到了必要的照顧
He loved her and his children, so much he gave up years of his life
他愛他的妻子和孩子,他願意為了他們放棄自己的生活
caring for this woman, his soul mate, his wife.
他花時間照顧這個女人,他的靈魂伴侶,他的妻子
Day and night he struggled for years with her disease.
夜以繼日,他與她的疾病抗爭
A lesser man would have been brought down to his knees.
若是一個意志薄弱的人恐怕早已被打倒
With illnesses of his own, he still stood by her side
但哪怕自己也疾病纏身,他依舊站在她的身旁
caring for her and loving her until the day she died.
照顧她愛她直到她的生命終止
Twenty days later his own time was at an end.
20天後他隨她而去
I lost my hero, my father, a man who was my friend.
我失去了我的英雄,我的父親,我的朋友
A few years have passed, and life just isn't the same.
許多年過去了,生活變了樣
But as Father's Day approaches, I will celebrate his name.
但每當父親節臨近,我還是會在心裡念他的名字
With prayers to him and God above to stay by my side,
我為他祈禱,相信上帝會在我身旁
to watch over me and guide me, to look down on me with pride.
他看護我、指引著我、驕傲地望著我
For I am my father's daughter, one day we will meet again.
我是我父親的女兒,總有一天我們會再見
But until then I will remember, and the love will never end.
到那時我還會記得,這份愛永遠不會結束
It might seem like your dad will be around forever, but your time together can be cut short when you least expect it. Take advantage of the time you have with your father. Expressions of love are not always easy.They often take conscious effort.
有時候看上去你的父親會永遠陪在你身邊,但當你不經意的時候,你們在一起的時候被縮短了。好好把握與你父親在一起的時光吧。表達愛有時候並不容易,它們往往需要刻意的努力。
1. Say the words,"I love you."
說出那句「我愛你。」
Maybe this phrase was not used much in your home, so it could be tough to utter at first. In that case, it's possible your father won't be able to return the sentiment. Don't take it personally. The main issue is not to have regrets. Let your dad know what you admire about him and why you're proud. Don't take for granted that he knows.
可能這句話在你家裡並不會經常使用,所以一開始說出話可能會比較艱難。在這種情況下,可能你的父親也不會回應相應地情緒。但請不要在意,主要考慮的是不要留有遺憾。請讓你的父親知道你欣賞他的地方和你因他而自豪的理由,不要理所當然地以為他都知道。
2. Seek your father's advice and opinions.
尋求你父親的建議和意見。
This applies from childhood to adulthood. He'll be pleased that you want his guidance. Listen to him. You don't always have to agree, but he will be flattered that you asked.
這一條適用於從童年到成年的時光。如果你尋求他的建議指導,他會很高興。請聽聽他的建議,你不一定總是要同意,但你問他的話他會受寵若驚。
3. Invite your dad into your life.
邀請父親進入你的生活。
Introduce him to your friends. Once you leave the nest, welcome him into your new home. When you marry and have children, include your father in many of your family functions.
把他介紹給你的朋友們。一旦你離開家,請歡迎他加入你的新家。當你結婚和有了小孩時,要把你的父親當作是你家庭的一部分。
4. Arrange activities strictly for you and your dad.
為你和你的父親特別安排好活動。
Even if it's an activity you might not fully enjoy, share his interests. Let him teach you to play golf or a card game. Take him to dinner, or join him in outings with friends and family.
即使可能是一個你完全不喜歡的活動,但請你分享他的愛好。讓他教你打高爾夫或是橋牌遊戲。帶他去吃飯,或是和他一起與你的朋友和家人去郊遊。
5. Visit your father on a regular basis.
定期地去拜訪你的父親。
Stop and pick up a cup of coffee to take to him as a surprise treat. Don't' wait for his birthday or Father's Day to buy him thoughtful little gifts.
放下手上的事情,拿起一杯咖啡去見你的父親給他個驚喜。不要等到他的生日或是父親節才給他買個深思熟慮的小禮物去見他。
6. Inquire about your dad's life.
多打聽你父親的生活。
Ask him to tell you his "old stories" and record them. He will be proud that you care so much, and as a result, you will learn a lot about his childhood and your heritage.
請求他給你講他以前的故事並記錄下來。他會因為你關心他而感到很驕傲,並且你也可以了解更多的關於他童年和你的祖輩的事情。
7. Assist your father as he ages.
隨著他年齡增長,你要多幫助他。
Don't treat him like a child. Be patient and understanding. Make sure he can meet his personal care and medicinal needs. Help him with his finances, if possible. Take the time to let him know you'll always be there.
不要把他當成個小孩子,要耐心和多理解他。確保他能得到個人護理和藥物需求。如果可以的話,在經濟方面也多幫助他。多花些時間讓他知道你永遠都在他身邊。
【澳美國際英語】編輯,
旨在向廣大用戶提供英語學習所需的
語法、寫作、口語、單詞等信息服務。
幫助學生成長,幸福每個家庭!
Always for your future!
和平校區:88199881、88199882
舜耕校區:67812662、67819889
八一校區:81762189、81768282
槐蔭校區:87069881、87069889
洪樓校區:88029881、88029882