Ive been drawing for a very long time,but when it comes to doing my art successfully,its been four years.
我畫畫已經有很長時間了,但說到我取得的藝術成就,已經四年了。
How many murals that I have done in Baltimore?I'm guessing around 10.
我在巴爾的摩畫過多少壁畫?我猜大概十幅左右。
As an artist,I make work for myself.
作為一個藝術家,我為自己創作。
I always have like women in mind.
我心裡總想著女人。
If I can tell a story you can relate to it, that's great.
如果我能講一個你能理解的故事,那就太好了。
IfI can pull you in as well, that's great.
如果我能把你融進這個故事,那就太好了。
Its all about narrative and storytelling.Thats it.
都與講故事有關,就是這樣。
So, I did this piece for Art at Work maybe а year ago.
所以,大概-年前, 我為「工作中的藝術」製作了這件藝術品。
We have a black woman as the center of her community.
我們把一個黑人婦女作為她所在社區的中心。
And you have things like knowledge, music,culture,history and they all revolve around her.
你有知識,音樂, 文化,歷史,所有這些都圍繞著她。
We're looking at a project I did for A Revolutionary Summer.
我們現在看到的項目是我為「一個革命性的夏天」而做。
It is а mural depicting black female writers.
這是一幅描繪黑人女作家的壁畫。
You have Toni Morrison,Zora Neale Hurston and Octavia Butler.
你畫了託尼莫裡森,佐拉尼爾.赫斯頓和奧克塔維亞.巴特勒。
And then you have а young black student on a pile of books reading about these amazing women.
然後,你看到一個年輕的黑人學生在一 堆書上讀到這些了不起的女人。
Kids actually read here.
孩子們在這裡閱讀。
So, it fit perfectly that we were doing а mural about black women writers because this is actually their nook that they read in.
因此,我們為黑人女作家畫壁畫,這非常棒,因為這實際上是她們閱讀的內容。
This is actually my second outdoor mural:the artist that drew the Statue of Liberty,they originally drew it as a black woman and whoever was in charge of it was like, "no,you need to make her white".
這實際上是我的第二幅戶外壁畫:畫自由女神像的藝術家,最初,他們都把她畫成一位黑人婦女,但不管誰負責,他們都說:「不,你需要把她畫成白人」。
When I draw a black woman,I focus on upliftings us.
當我畫一位黑人婦女時,我專注於提升自我。
And I think people need to know that the original Statue of Liberty,on paper at least,was a black woman.
而且,我認為,人們需要知道,至少在理論上,最初的自由女神像是位黑人婦女。
My name is Maria Wolfe.
我叫瑪麗亞.沃爾夫。
I am а street art and mural photographer and I have an account called BaltiMurals on Instagram,which captures and documents all of the art in Baltimore.
我是一名街頭藝術和壁畫攝影師,我在Instagram上有一個名為BaltiMurals的帳號, 捕捉並記錄了巴爾的摩所有的藝術。
There has been а huge kind of expansion of the street art and mural scene in Baltimore over the last couple of years.
在過去的幾年裡,巴爾的摩的街頭藝術和壁畫有了很大的發展。
I know that there is art always going up and I think the city has a lot to do with it.
我知道藝術總在進步,我認為,這與這座城市有很大關fo
ВОPA, which is Baltimore office of Promotion and the Arts,does a lot of grants in the city to artists to come and paint murals.
BOPA是巴爾的摩藝術推廣辦公室的下屬機構,該機構為前來畫壁畫的藝術家提供大量資助。
There are over 300 neighborhoods in Baltimore and each one is unique and the art is unique to each location as well.
巴爾的摩有300多個街區,每一個都獨一無二,每個地方的藝術也都獨一無二。
I love Megan's colors.
我喜歡梅根的顏色。
I love the figures that she puts in the murals.
我喜歡她壁畫中的人物。
I just find her work extremely intriguing.It is some of my favorite in the whole, entire city.
我只是覺得她的作品非常有趣。這是我在整個巴爾的摩最喜歡的一點。
I never know what I am going to put up until I see the wall.
直到看到那堵牆,我才知道我要畫什麼。
It is so satisfying to be able to have such a large canvas for people to see my work.
能有這麼大的一塊畫布讓人們看到我的作品,真是太令人滿意了。
I love narrative and I love storytelling and just imagine being able to tell your story to so many people walking past.
我喜歡敘事,喜歡講故事,想像一下能把 你的故事講給這麼多路過的人聽。
I am just very appreciative of where I am.
我只是很感激自己所處的位置。
It's been an amazing journey and I cannot wait to continue to,like I said,evolve as anartist.There are so many things I want to do and accomplish.
這是一段奇妙的旅程,我迫不及待地想繼續發展,就像我說的,成為一名藝術家。 我有那麼多想做和想完成的事情。
And I'm very grateful, like I see my progress and I'm proud of myself.
看到自己的進步,我很感激,為自己感到驕傲。
了解更多英文外刊和資訊,就在英語時代。關注我,讓思維與時代接軌!