Mama,do you love me?
媽媽,你愛我嗎?
Yes I do,Dear one.
是的,親愛的。
How much?
有多愛?
I love you more than the raven loves his treasure,
我愛你勝過烏鴉愛它的珠寶,
more than the dog loves his tail,
勝過雪橇犬愛他的尾巴,
more than the whale loves his spout.
勝過鯨魚愛它的噴水孔。
How long?
愛多久?
I\\\\\\\'ll love you until the umiak flies into the darkness,
我愛你直到愛斯基摩皮筏飛向黑暗,
till the stars turn to fish in the sky,
直到星星變成魚兒在天際遨遊,
and the puffin howls at the moon.
直到海雀在月亮上嚎叫。
Mama, what if I carried our eggs-our ptarmigan eggs!
and I tried to be careful, and I tried to walk slowly,
but I fell and the eggs broke?
我拿著咱們的雞蛋,哦是松雞蛋,
雖然我會非常小心慢慢的走。
但是如果我摔倒了雞蛋也打碎了。
那怎麼辦?
Then I would be sorry.
But still, I would love you.
那樣的話,媽媽會特別心疼,
因為我是那麼愛你的呀。
What if I put salmon in your parka,
ermine in your mittens,
and lemmings in your mukluks?
如果我把大馬哈魚放在您的毛皮風衣裡,
把小雪貂放進你的手套裡,
把旅鼠放進你的海豹皮靴裡,
媽媽您怎麼樣?
Then I would be angry.
嗯,那我肯定會生氣的!
What if I threw water at our lamp?
如果我把水撒在咱家那盞油燈上了呢?
Then, Dear One,
寶寶,那樣的話,
I would be very angry.
我會非常生氣,
But still, I would love you.
可我還是那麼愛你。
What if I ran away?
如果我跑掉了呢?
Then I would be worried.
那樣我會擔心,會特別擔心!
What if I stayed away and sang with the wolves and slept in cave?
如果我離開家,學小狼叫,還跟小狼一起睡在冰洞裡呢?
Then, Dear One, I would be very sad.
那我會非常難過,
But still, I would love you.
可我還是那麼愛你。
What if I turned into a musk ox?
如果我變成毛毛的大犛牛呢?
Then I would be surprised.
媽媽會大吃一驚的。
What if I turned into a walrus?
如果我變成長著大長牙的海馬呢?
Then I would be surprised and a little scared.
媽媽也會大吃一驚的,還會害怕呢!
What if I turned into a polar bear,
如果我變成北極熊,
and I was the meanest bear you ever saw and I had sharp, shiny teeth, and I chased you into your tent and you cried?
一頭世界上最難看的北極熊,我長著尖尖的亮亮的牙,
我追您追進了帳篷,您會尖叫嗎?
Then I would be very surprised and very scared.
那樣的話,媽媽會非常吃驚,也會非常害怕。
But still, inside the bear,
you would be you,
and I would love you.
但我還是知道,那個躲在北極熊裡面的你,
還是我的寶貝,我還是那麼愛你!
I will love you, forever and for always,
because you are my Dear One.
我有好多好多的愛給你,我會愛你好久好久,
因為你是我最最親愛的寶貝!
媽媽的愛真的好感人,
你最感動哪一個場景呢?