「Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise」.
「早睡早起使人健康、富有又聰明」
I've never been a morning person.
我從來就不是個早起的人
I hated waking up early and I always enjoyed sleeping in.
我討厭早起,喜歡晚起
Going to sleep at around 4 am and waking up at noon was something I always did and I thought it was just a part of who I am.
從清晨 4 點左右睡到中午是我的常態,而且我認為這就是我的一部分。
But after reading on the subject of waking up early I've found out that:
但讀過早起的專題研究後我發現
People who wake up earlier get more done, apparently live longer, are more productive and overall lead happier lives.
早起的人們能完成更多事、顯著地更長壽、更有生產力,而且總體來說過著更快樂的生活。
So I've started experimenting and going to bed earlier and the results were real.
所以我開始實驗早點上床睡覺,發現真的產生了這樣的結果
I always thought I was a night owl, but now I truly believe I'm a morning person.
我向來以為自己是個夜貓子,但現在我相信我是個早起鳥
I am the most productive I have ever been and I get all of my work done in the morning now.
我在早晨生產力最高,而且我現在早上就把所有工作完成
So what can you do to become a morning person yourself?
那麼你該怎麼做才能成為早起的人?
I'll be sharing 4 tips with you.
我會和你們分享 4 個小技巧
Tip number 1.
第一個
The gradual method.
循序漸進
The best method for changing the time you wake up is to do it gradually.
改變起床時間的最佳方式是循序漸進
If you always wake up at 10 to 11 am, it isn't too realistic to expect that you will immediately wake up at 5 am the next day.
如果你總是在 10-11 點間起床,要你隔天馬上能夠早上 5 點起床有點不切實際
So if you usually get up at 10am, try 9:45 first.
如果你通常在早上 10 點起床,先試試 9:45
Start by waking up 15 minutes earlier until you feel used to it, and then repeat.
從提早 15 分鐘起床開始直到你習慣,然後重複
Slowly build up to your desired time.
慢慢地達到你期望的時間
That might seem too slow to most people, and you're free to disregard this advice.
對大多數人來說這可能太慢,你當然可以忽略這則建議
However, in my many experimentations, the most enjoyable and long-lasting change in sleeping schedules have been slow and gradual.
然而,在我多次的實驗中,最令人愉快且持久的,睡眠計畫改變是緩慢且漸進的。
Sudden changes of your waking time are difficult to do and are not likely to last.
突然改變起床時間很難達成而且不易持續
If you get up 1 hour earlier on day 1, you'll have a tough time, and not enjoy it.
如果你第一天早起 1 小時,你會過得很辛苦,而無法樂在其中
The next day, you'll have a big sleep deficit, and you'll feel bad the entire day.
隔天你會有嚴重的睡眠不足,整天感覺都不好
Sleeping patterns are difficult to change, and so the gradual method works much better.
睡眠模式很難改變,所以循序漸進有效得多
This stands for eating habits and exercise habits as well.
這也適用於飲食習慣和運動習慣
So make a transition.
所以做個改變吧
Start off by improving your waking time by 15 minutes every day until you reach your goal.
從每天提早 15 分鐘起床開始直到達成目標
Tip number 2.
第二個
Go to sleep earlier.
早點睡覺
You can't just wake up early and not sleep early.
你不能只是早起但沒有早睡
You will eventually crash.
你遲早會崩潰的
So when you're setting that alarm clock to wake you up 15 minutes before your usual time, make sure to go to bed 15 minutes sooner than usually as well.
所以當你把鬧鐘設得比平常早 15 分鐘,一定要比平常早 15 分鐘上床睡覺。
Set a bedtime of 7-8.5 hours before you want to wake up.
設定 7-8.5 個小時的睡眠時間
So if you're waking up at 6am, go to bed between 9:30 and 11pm.
所以如果你要在早上 6 點起床,晚上 9:30 到 11 點間就該去睡覺了
Most people need about 7-8 hours of sleep, though there are lots of variations.
大多數人需要 7-8 小時的睡眠,雖然其中變異很大
Personally, I never sleep less than 7.5 hours, otherwise I feel like a zombie on an autopilot throughout the day.
就我個人來說,我從不睡少於 7.5 小時,否則一整天都會像行屍走肉
We also tend to overestimate when they actually go to bed.
我們也往往會高估我們真正上床的時間
Some statistics have shown we usually go 20 minutes after we think we went.
統計數字顯示我們通常在計畫上床時間後 20 分鐘才去睡覺
So it can be really helpful to set another alarm, one that reminds you when it's time to go to bed.
因此設定另一個鬧鐘會是很有幫助的,提醒你該睡覺了
Tip number 3.
第三個
Have a compelling reason.
有一個強迫性的理由
If you really want to wake up early, you need to first have a strong reason on why you want to do it.
如果你真的想要早點起床,首先需要有一個這麼做的強烈動機
What is it?
是什麼呢?
For personal activities?
為了私人活動?
To get more work done?
為了完成更多工作?
To get a head start in your day?
為了展開美好的一天?
Almost all attempts to wake up early fail, because there isn't a strong enough reason driving this habit change.
幾乎所有早起的企圖都會失敗,因為沒有夠強的動機以改變習慣
If you want to wake up early just for the sake of it, you will fail miserably.
如果你只是為早起而早起,你將會慘敗
However, when there is a compelling reason to do so you will jump out of bed no matter how sleepy you might be.
然而,當有個強迫性的理由,不論你有多想睡你都會立刻跳下床
You can try setting up an extremely important and urgent task at the beginning of the day so you have to wake up and finish it.
你可以試試在一天的開始排定一項超級重要且緊急的工作如此你就必須起床完成它
Like fixing an appointment with someone early in the morning.
像是和某人約好一大早要見面
It should be with someone really important whom you cannot cancel on or there will be dire consequences.
應該要約非常重要的人,若取消會有嚴重後果
This is by far one of the most effective methods, because you have to wake up.
這是目前為止最有效的方法之一,因為你非得起床不可
You will notice that most people wake up, just because they have to go to school or work, but I'm sure you can find a better reason.
你可以注意到大部分人起床只是為了上學或上班但我確定你可以找到更好的理由
My reason used to be a cup of coffee, which I was always looking forward to.
從前我的動機是一杯咖啡,我每天早晨都期待著
Nowadays it's the fact that otherwise I won't get anything done.
現在則是因為若不起床將一事無成
Tip number 4.
第四個
Do not snooze. Ever.
不要貪睡,絕對不要
In fact, remove the option to snooze all together if possible.
事實上,如果可以乾脆把貪睡這個選項刪除吧
You might think snoozing will help you feel better, but in reality it's probably going to make you feel worse.
你可能以為貪睡能讓你感覺好些,但事實上這八成會讓你感覺更糟
Pressing the snooze button might be tempting, if you didn't get enough sleep.
如果你沒睡飽,按下貪睡鍵可能很吸引人
But why the hell aren't you getting adequate amount of sleep in the first place?
但為什麼你不要一開始就睡飽啊?
Scientists have found that you don't get the restful, REM sleep while snoozing.
科學家發現貪睡並不能使你得到放鬆的 REM 睡眠
So snoozing won't make you feel more rested.
所以貪睡不會讓你感覺有休息到
You neither get up nor get good sleep, so you don't get much out of it.
你既沒有起床也沒有睡好,實在沒什麼好處
Second, if you hit snooze button once, there is a big temptation to do it twice, three times and so on.
第二,如果你按了一次貪睡鍵,就會有很大的誘惑一而再,再而三地繼續這麼做
I remember a few times being late simply because I 「oversnoozed」…
我記得曾有不少次遲到單純是因為我「貪睡太久」...
If you get used to snooze, you may even start pressing it automatically without completely getting out of sleep.
一旦你習慣了貪睡,你甚至可能會在還沒有完全清醒前就自動按下貪睡鍵
Result is that once you wake up you may not even remember when and how many times you hit the snooze button.
結果就是你起床後甚至不會記得你是在什麼時候按下貪睡鍵,或是按了多少次
That's why you should probably put the alarm across the room, forcing you to get out of bed.
這就是為什麼應該把鬧鐘放在房間的對角,強迫你下床
Just make sure you don't jump right back in.
以確保你不會直接躲回被窩
There are a few common issues people face:
有幾個人們常面臨的議題:
They are super tired in the morning.
他們早上超級累
If you wake early and can't seem to function, that's fairly normal.
如果你早起又無法工作,那還滿正常的
The solution is water, which is used to rehydrate your brain.
解決方式是水,給你的腦補充水分
Then to move around a lot and get the blood flowing.
然後到處走一走,讓血液流動
You can do that with light stretching which takes no more than 5 minutes.
可以順便做些簡單的伸展,這花不到 5 分鐘
Also, this could be a sign that you're waking up too early, too quickly.
這也可能是你太早起、太快起床的徵兆
Make sure you're waking just a little earlier and stay at a time for a few days until you feel adjusted.
確保你一次只提早一點起床,並且持續一段時間直到你習慣為止
Another problem is: that they think they are not a morning person.
另一個問題是:他們認為自己不是早起的人
Some people think this, but just haven't given it a try.
有些人這麼想,但就是不曾嘗試過
Or they've gotten up an hour or two earlier and hated being so tired.
不然就是他們提早了 1 或 2 個小時起床,討厭這麼疲累
This is why the gradual method is so important.
這就是為什麼循序漸進如此重要
It's not that you're not a morning person, it's just that you tried to make a change too quickly.
不是因為你不是個早起的人,只是因為你太急著做改變
So please, give the gradual method a try.
所以拜託,試試循序漸進法吧
But finally, it's true that some people are just better at focusing at night and morning isn't their thing and that's perfectly alright.
最後,有些人真的是在深夜比較容易集中精神早上就是沒辦法,而這是完全沒關係的
Thanks for watching, if you enjoyed the video make sure to like and subscribe for more.
感謝收看,如果你喜歡這部影片一定要按贊並訂閱喔