瀏覽器版本過低,暫不支持視頻播放
Google the most beautiful cat in the world and the first and most frequent photo you'll see is of this white-haired, blue-eyed cat.
用谷歌搜索"世界上最美麗的貓",你看到的第一張也是看到最多的一張照片是這隻有著白毛藍眼睛的貓。
I'm Rebecca.
我是麗貝卡。
And I'm John.
我是約翰。
And this is Coby.
這是科比。
This all started in 2015.
這一切都始於2015年。
We had only been dating a few months and I really wanted a cat.
那時我們只約會了幾個月,我真的很想要一隻貓。
Started looking online and fell in love with the British Shorthair breed.
開始在網上尋找並愛了英國短毛品種的貓。
They're just so cute, almost cartoonish looking, they're so round and expressive.
它們很可愛,看起來接近卡通風格,它們很圓潤而且富有表現力。
And was sort of doing some research and found a Shorthair breeder in the area and immediately fell in love with a little cross-eyed, adorable Coby online.
做了一番研究,找到了一個短毛品種貓的飼養員,很快就在網上愛上了這隻小斜眼——可愛的科比。
He wasn't named Coby yet, at the time.
那個時候他還不叫科比。
- We drove up, it was in Delaware.
我們一路開車到了德拉瓦州。
One of his brothers actually caught my eye and I was like, "Oh look, have a look at this cat, he's cute," and Rebecca's like, "No. No way. No way, absolutely not".
他的一個兄弟引起了我的注意,我說,"哦,看,看看這隻貓,它很可愛,"麗貝卡說,"不,不可能。不行,絕對不行。"
I knew Coby was the one.
我知道科比才是那隻我們想要的貓。
He came right over to us, actually fell asleep in my arms, which just my heart melted.
他來到我們身邊,居然在我懷裡睡著了,我的心都融化了。
And I was like, "I need this cat".
我當時說:"我要這隻貓。"
We always thought that Coby was so cute when we first met him, as a kitten, but as he's gotten older, pretty early on, he started developing this, we call it guy-liner.
當我們第一次見到科比的時候,他還是是一隻小貓咪,我們就覺得他是那麼可愛,隨著他漸漸長大,很早的時候就開始了,他開始發育,我們稱作"小夥子線條"。
He has these very distinct outlines around his nose and his eyes, and it just gives him this intense, beautiful appearance.
他的鼻子和眼睛周圍有非常清晰的輪廓,這讓他擁有了強烈而美麗的外表。
His eyes themselves have this almost anime look to them.
他的眼睛本身有一種近乎動漫的表情。
He looks like a cartoon, I always joke.
我總是開玩笑地說,他看起來像只卡通貓。
He looks fake, he looks like a stuffed animal.
他看著像只假貓,看起來像個毛絨玩具。
More importantly, maybe, to us from the start, was how great he is, loyal and sweet, and in a lot of ways, doglike, I mean he sleeps in my arms every night.
更重要的是,也許,從一開始對我們來說,他就很好,忠誠、可愛,在很多方面,像狗狗一樣,他每晚都睡在我的懷裡。
He is just like the biggest sweetheart.
他就是我最親愛的寶貝。
There's also the sassy side.
他也有野蠻的一面。
He wears his emotions on his face.
他把情緒全寫在臉上。
He's very vain, loves to look at himself in the mirror.
他很虛榮,喜歡照鏡子。
We suspect that he might actually know how beautiful he is.
我們都懷疑他可能真的知道自己很漂亮。
Yeah, the world revolves around Coby.
是啊,世界都圍繞科比轉。
So when Rebecca started posting pictures of Coby, me in my head, I was like, "Rebecca, why are you doing that? "
所以當麗貝卡開始發科比的照片時,我就想,"麗貝卡,你為什麼也這麼做?"
You're just being another crazy pet owner who's posting pictures. We all have that friend or two or 10.
你難道成為又一個曬照片的瘋狂寵物主人了?我們都有一兩個或十個這樣的朋友。
And she told me, she was like, "No no, no no no. Just don't worry about this".
她告訴我,她說,"不,不,不,不用擔心這個。"
She's like, "Trust me, this is gonna be good. This isn't that".
她說,"相信我,這會很好的。不是你想的那樣。"
And I was like, "Okay, it's not that. It was kinda that".
我會說,"好吧,不會像那樣瘋狂。有點像那樣。"
Yeah, at the time, I thought it was. I think you maybe had some more foresight into things.
是啊,當時我還以為就那樣吧。我想你可能對事情更有遠見卓識。
But never expected that it was going to take off like it did.
但沒想到它會變成現在這樣。
People started responding to his pictures the same way that I was when I first met him.
人們對他的照片的反應和我第一次見到他的時候一樣。
And I was like, "Okay, we're onto something here".
我說,"好吧,我們可有得忙了。"
It's not just us thinking our cat is the cutest thing ever. Other people are agreeing.
不僅僅是我們自己認為我們的貓是有史以來最可愛的,人們也這麼認為。
After I posted a few pictures of him, Cats of Instagram, 9 cats, some of those bigger, featuring accounts started reposting and sharing pictures of Coby.
在我發布了幾張他的照片後,一些更大的、特色帳戶開始重新發布和分享科比的照片,包括Instagram、9隻貓等。
The next thing we know, he's on the front page of Reddit.
接下來大家就都看到了,他上了Reddit的頭版。
Then, we saw that he got this feature on Bored Panda, but all of a sudden, we started seeing all these headlines of, "Is this the most beautiful cat in the world"? and- "His eyeliner is better than mine".
然後,我們看到他在《無聊的熊貓》上得到了這樣的特寫,但是突然之間,我們又開始看到這樣的標題,"這是世界上最漂亮的貓嗎?"還有,"他的眼線比我的好看。"
Yeah, there were all these means going up online. We were seeing him across the internet.
是的,所有這些諸如此類的話都在網上傳播。我們在網上隨時能看到他的照片。
In "People". He was in "People" magazine and I was like, "This is crazy".
他甚至出現在《人物》雜誌上,我說,"這太瘋狂了。"
The fan art started coming in, as well.
隨之而來的就是粉絲們的各類藝術展。
Photoshop edits of Coby.
科比的Photoshop編輯。
There were nail designs, graffiti.
科比的美甲設計和塗鴉。
Tattoos that people had gotten, like permanent tattoos on their body of Coby.
還有人們身上的紋身圖案,比如科比成為他們身上的永久紋身。
Makeup inspired by him to try to recreate his iconic eyeliner.
靈感來自於科比的化妝,試著畫出科比標誌性的眼線。
Incredible portraits and paintings, and anime style cartoons, stuffed doll versions.
令人難以置信的肖像畫、動漫風格的卡通、以及玩偶版本。
Everything you can imagine.
所有你能想到的一切。
People put a lot of time into these things, which, to us, was even more special.
人們在這些事情上花了很多時間,對我們來說,這更是特別的。
This was always just a side hobby for us, but we started hearing from brands, Purina, 9 Lives, Petco.
對我們而言,這只是業餘愛好,但我們開始聽到來自品牌方的聲音,普瑞納,9 Lives,Petco。
Started with cat brands and then, other types of brands started reaching out.
一開始是貓咪的品牌,然後其他類型的品牌接踵而至。
Spotify with their pet playlist.
Spotify用科比作為他們的寵物播放列表。
KVD Vegan Beauty has of his inspiring eyeliner.
KVD Vegan Beauty利用科比鼓舞人心的眼線。
Seeing Coby on TV talking about blood donation, like a voiceover, was the coolest moment.
在電視上看到科比在談論獻血,就像畫外音一樣,是最酷的時刻。
"Not enough people are giving blood, and giving save 12,000 lives a day".
"現在沒有足夠的人獻血,如果人們積極獻血每天可以挽救12,000條生命。"
- And that was just such an awesome way to use his account for good.
這是用他的聲音、形象做公益的好方法。
We've made more from Coby than we ever expected to make in our wildest dreams.
科比取得的成就超出了我們瘋狂夢想的預期。
We're very unique and fortunate.
我們非常獨特和幸運。
- We just think it's important that he is always benefiting.
我們只想讓他永遠因此受益。
We definitely try to give him the best life possible and the best food, toys, and beds and cat mansions.
我們一定要給他最好的生活,最好的食物,玩具,床和貓屋。
- Yeah, a tree.
是,還有樹。
You can imagine he is one spoiled cat.
你可以想像他是一隻被寵壞的貓。
Not force him to do anything he doesn't wanna do.
不要強迫他做他不想做的事。
We really plan our shoots around him and his schedule and his moods.
我們真的圍繞著他、他的時間表和情緒來計劃我們的拍攝。
He has it pretty good.
他的表現很好。
- Obviously, making money and working with brands is a wonderful part, but the better part, to us, is the joy that he spreads and how he cheers people up.
當然了,賺錢和與品牌合作是一個很棒的部分,但對我們來說,更好的部分是他傳播的喜悅和他如何讓人們振奮起來。
As far as what's next for Coby, who knows?
至於科比的下一步是什麼,誰知道呢?
If he's gonna be featured in a James Bond movie, we don't know, maybe.
或許他會出現在詹姆斯·邦德的電影裡,我們不知道。
- We hope.
希望如此吧。
That would be pretty cool.
那太酷了。
Call us.
隨時聯繫我們。