1.回答「介意與否」
A:Would you mind if I open the window? 你介意我把窗戶打開嗎?
B:Not at all. (/Certainly not. /Of course not. )不介意。
I'm sorry,but I would. 對不起,我介意。
2.拒絕邀請或不能給予滿意回答而表示歉意
A:Is he a proper person for the job? 他適合這項工作嗎?
B:I don't think so. 我不這麼認為。
3.接受邀請或要求
A:May I look at the picture? 我能看看照片嗎?
B:Certainly. Here you are. 當然可以,給你。
4.回答某種帶有責備意味的句子
A:Do you remember what I told you before? 我之前跟你講的,你還記得嗎?
B:I'm sorry,sir. 對不起,先生。
5.對提問作出主觀判斷
A:Are the shoes too big? 鞋子大了嗎?
B:I think they are all right. 我想他們應該剛好。
6.對提出的問題不能確定
A:Who's taken my pen? 誰帶走了我的鋼筆?筆
B:Let me see. Ah,it's Jim. 讓我想想。哦,是吉姆。