文本
Some call me nature.
有人稱我為大自然。
Others call me 」Mother Nature.」
也有人叫我「大自然母親」。
I've been here for over 4.5 billion years.
我在這個地球上已度過了45億年。
22,500 times longer than you.
是你們人類存在時間的22500倍。
I don't really need people.
我真的不需要人類。
But people need me.
可人類離不開我。
Yes, your future depends on me.
是的,你們的未來要靠我。
When I thrive, you thrive.
如果我繁盛,你們也將繁盛。
When I falter, you falter. Or worse.
如果我衰敗,你們也會衰敗,甚至更糟。
But I've been here for eons.
我已存在了億萬年。
I have fed species greater than you.
我養育過比你們強大得多的物種。
And I have starved species greater than you.
我也曾讓比你們強大得多的物種因飢餓而亡。
My oceans. My soil.
我的海洋。我的土壤。
My flowing streams. My forests.
我的河流。我的森林。
They all can take you or leave you.
它們都可以左右人類的存在。
How you choose to live each day, whether you regard or disregard me, doesn't really matter to me.
你們選擇如何度過每一天,在意我,還是無視我,我都不在乎。
One way or the other.
怎樣都行。
Your actions will determine your fate. Not mine.
你們的行為決定了你們的命運,不是我的。
I am nature. I will go on. I am prepared to evolve.
我是自然。我會繼續存在。我時時刻刻都在進化。
Are you?
你們呢?
素材來源:保護國際基金會
本集配音:茱莉亞·羅伯茨