You're hired! Two words everybody loves to hear. But before we hear these words comes (dun dun duuuuhn! ) the interview.
你被錄用了!這幾個詞每個人都愛聽。不過聽到這些詞之前,會有場面試。
Today's video is part one in a series that's all about preparing for a job interview.
今天的視頻是關於如何準備工作面試的系列視頻的第一個。
This is part one of a five part series on preparing for an interview.
此系列視頻共五個,今天這個是第一個。
Interviewing for a new job can be a huge source of stress and anxiety. And if you're interviewing for a job in a non-native language, the stress can be even higher.
為找一份新工作去面試,讓人感到有壓力而且非常焦慮。而且,如果你需要使用非母語去面試一份工作,壓力可能會更大。
In this video you'll see me interview for a job. Throughout the interview, we'll discuss some of the most common interview questions and how to answer them.
在這個視頻裡,你將會看到我去面試一份工作。通過這次面試,我們將會討論幾個最常見的面試問題和回答方法。
You'll also learn some basic information to get you started on creating your own answers to these questions. Let's begin.
你也可以了解到一些信息,然後創建屬於自己的問題答案。我們開始吧。
TK: Hello Ms. Smith, I'm Tom Kelley. Thanks so much for coming in.
TK: 你好,史密斯女士,我是湯姆·凱利。非常感謝您能來參加我們的面試。
RS: It's my pleasure, thanks so much for meeting with me.
RS: 我很榮幸,謝謝您能面試我。
TK: Of course. Did you have any trouble finding the office?
TK: 客氣了。你在尋找公司地點時,有沒有遇到麻煩呢?
Small Talk.
寒暄。
Most interviews will start out with a handshake and some small talk – this may include questions about how you're doing, your travel to the interview, the weather, how your weekend went, and more.
大部分面試會開始於握手和寒暄,內容包括:諸如最近怎麼樣、來面試的路況情況、天氣情況、周末過得怎麼樣之類的問題。
All you need to do is be polite and friendly. Keep your answers short.
你所需要做的只是禮貌友好地回答這些問題。答案要儘量簡短。
You can also feel free to turn the question back to the interviewer.
你也可以反問面試官這些問題。
For instance, if the interviewer asks you how your weekend was, you might respond, " It was great, we celebrated my Mom's birthday. How was your weekend? "
例如,如果面試官問你周末過得怎麼樣,你可以回答,「周末過得很好,慶祝了我母親的生日。您的周末怎麼樣呢?」
Small talk is used to build a more comfortable environment before the interview begins.
寒暄是為了在面試正式開始時,創建一個舒適愉快的氛圍。
It may seem silly, but you can practice small talk on your own by asking yourself simple, easy-to-answer, non-personal questions.
雖然這看起來比較傻,但是你可以通過自問自答一些簡單、容易回答的、非隱私的問題來進行自我練習。
You could also practice with a friend. Here is an example of small talk:
你也可以找一個朋友來練習。這裡有一個寒暄的範例:
How are you doing? I'm great, thank you, and you?
你最近怎麼樣? 我挺好的,謝謝,你怎麼樣?
How are you doing?
你最近怎麼樣?
I'm doing really well. It's such a nice day out there.
我挺好的。 今天外面天氣真好啊。
It is! It was perfect weather all weekend.
是啊!這周末天氣都很不錯。
It was.
確實是。
Did you do anything interesting over the weekend?
周末你有沒有做些有趣的事情?
Yes, I went to the park with my family for a picnic.
有啊,我跟家人一起去公園野餐了。
That sounds nice.
那一定很有趣。
It was. And you?
是啊。你過得怎麼樣?
I worked this weekend, but I got a lot done, so that was good.
我整個周末都在工作,不過完成了很多事情,所以也算挺好。
It does feel good to get work done!
完成工作後確實感覺很棒!
You can see we haven't said much of importance, but the conversation is friendly and open, and can make two people feel more comfortable in each other's presence.
你可以看出來,我們並沒有談太多重要的事情,但是談話的氛圍很融洽。談話雙方對於新對象的出現都表現的很放鬆。
TK: Hello Ms. Smith, I'm Tom Kelley. Thanks so much for coming in.
您好,史密斯女士,我是湯姆·凱利。非常感謝您來參加面試。
RS: It's my pleasure, thanks so much for meeting with me.
RS: 非常榮幸,謝謝您邀請我面試。
TK: Of course. Did you have any trouble finding the office?
TK:客氣了。尋找公司位置的時候有沒有遇到困難?
RS: Nope. The directions on the website were great.
RS: 沒有。公司網站上的地址寫的很詳細。
TK: Good. Would you like some coffee or water before we begin?
TK:那太好了。在我們正式開始前,你要喝點咖啡或水嗎?
RS: I'm okay, thank you.
RS: 不用了,謝謝。
TK: Alright. So, to get started, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself.
TK:好的。那麼麻煩您先簡單介紹一下你自己吧。
RS: Sure.
RS: 沒問題。
Common Question: Tell me a little bit about yourself.
常見問題:簡單自我介紹。
It's very common for interviewers to simply ask you to tell them about yourself. That can feel overwhelming!
面試官要求面試者自我介紹,是很常見的一種情況。這讓人感到壓力很大!
But don't worry; what they really want you to focus on is your education and work history.
但是,不要擔心,他們真正關心的是你的教育背景和工作經歷。
You can also let them know what areas you have a lot of experience in, or what your interests are when answering this question.
回答時,你也可以向他們額外介紹下你的行業經驗或者興趣愛好。
Here are a few different ways to begin your answer.
這裡有幾種不同的回答方式。
I studied at Harvard University and graduated 2012 with a degree in business.
2012年,我畢業於哈佛大學,獲得了商務管理學位。
I've been working at Smith Incorporated for 10 years as a manager.
我在斯密斯公司工作了10年,擔任經理職位。
I have 12 years of experience in graphic design.
有12年的繪圖設計經驗。
Because of my time at Verizon, I have a lot of experience in providing customer service.
基於在Verizon的工作經歷,所以我有著豐富的客戶服務經驗。
If you're preparing for an interview, practice talking about yourself and your work history.
如果你在為面試做準備,不妨練習一下自我介紹和工作經歷方面的介紹。
Record yourself with a video camera if possible. Make sure it's not too long, maybe around a minute.
如果可以的話,用攝像機記錄自己的表現。確保介紹時間不要過長,控制在1分鐘左右。
Go back and listen or watch, and write down phrases that worked well to use again.
回看或回聽視頻,記錄表達較好的句子以備下次使用。
If there was anything you stumbled over or left out, write down some possible phrases you could have used.
如果有卡住或者遺漏的地方,寫下可以替換它們的句子。
The next day, do the same exercise.
第二天,做同樣的練習。
It's important that you don't just write a paragraph and memorize it, but simply practice free-talking with some key phrases.
寫下一段話並且記住它很重要,但是更重要的是通過練習一些關鍵詞達到自由陳述的效果。
The more you practice before the interview, the more comfortable you'll feel answering the questions during the interview.
面試前你練習地越多,面試時你回答問題就會感到越輕鬆。
TK: So, to get started, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself.
TK:好的。那麼麻煩您先簡單介紹一下你自己吧。
RS: Sure.
RS: 沒問題。
I studied at the University of Florida and graduated in 2010 with a Masters Degree in Toy Design.
我就讀於佛羅裡達大學,於2010年畢業,取得玩具設計的碩士學位。
After graduation, I was hired at Happy Kid's Creative. I've been there for the past five years and am currently the Director of Toy Production.
畢業以後,就職於樂童創造力公司。工作了5年,現在擔任玩具生產部的經理職位。
During that time sales have grown steadily. It's been a great experience, but I've run out of room to grow with HKC and I'm looking for new opportunities.
任職期間,玩具銷量穩步增長。這段工作經歷很不錯,但是我感覺自己的上升空間受限。所以目前在尋找新的工作機會。
I have a lot of experience leading teams in the creative process and finding new markets for the products that we create.
在帶領團隊進行研發創新和尋找產品新市場方面,我有豐富的經驗。
T: That's great.
T: 太棒了。
To be continued! We'll pick it up from here in the next video in this series.
未完待續!本系列的下一集我們會繼續講述。
In the next video, we'll go over three more common interview questions: 'How did you hear about this position', 'what attracted you to our company? ' and 'what's your greatest strength?
在下一集節目裡,我們會圍繞常見的三個面試問題進行討論:『你是通過哪種途徑了解到這個職位的』,『公司的哪些方面比較吸引你呢』以及『你的優勢是什麼』。
I hope this video on job interviews has been helpful. There's nothing better than walking out of an interview feeling that you were fully prepared!
希望這次關於工作面試的節目可以幫助到大家。沒有比走出面試房間,感覺自己準備充足更爽的事情了!
If you have interview-related questions or stories, please post them in the comments below. I'd love to hear them.
如果你有面試相關的問題或故事,請發布在下方的評論區裡。我非常樂意了解。
Are you signed up for my mailing list? If so, you get free weekly emails in your inbox with English videos and lessons, as well stories of American culture and my own life.
你是否訂閱了我的郵件?如果是的話,每周你將會收到免費的郵件,裡面有英語視頻、課程,美國文化故事和我的生活故事。
Click here or in the description to sign up.
點擊這裡或者看下面的描述。
That's it, and thanks so much for using Rachel's English.
就到這裡吧。謝謝大家使用瑞秋英語。