為你讀英語美文 · 往期回顧 | 第135期
主播: Sally
點擊收聽,英粵雙語
▽
每年的3月22日是世界水日,聯合國將今年世界水日的主題確定為 「Leaving No One Behind 」。無論你是誰並身在何處,水都是你作為人的權利。如果水會說話,她會說些什麼呢?
I am water. To humans I am simply just there.
我是水。對於人類來說我司空見慣。
I'm something they just take for granted.
我對他們只是理所當然的東西。
But there is only so much of me. And more and more of them every single day.
但是我是非常有限的,而人類的數量卻每天都在增長。
I start as rain in the mountains flow to the rivers and streams. And end up in the ocean.
我化身為雨水落入山中,流進小溪與河流並最終匯入海洋。
Then the cycle begins again.
然後循環再次開始。
And it will take me 10,000 years to get back to the state I am in now.
要回到我現在的狀態需要一萬年。
But to humans? I'm just water. Just there.
然而對於人類來說,我只是水,理所當然就在那裡。
Where will humans find me when there are billions more of them around?
如果人口再增加幾十億,人類還能找到我嗎?
Where will they find themselves?
他們自己又將如何生存?
Will they wage wars over me?
他們會為了我而發動戰爭嗎?
Like they do over everything else?
就像他們為了其他事而做的那樣?
That's always an option. But it's not the only option.
那倒是一種選擇,但並非唯一的選擇。
--來源:保護國際《大自然在說話》
--圖片來源:頭條新聞
我們生活在世界各地,從事不同職業,利用業餘時間做節目。為保證品質,每周三更新1期新節目,微信首播,其他時間回顧往期節目,更新【一詩一信】【有你】【名人朗讀】等欄目。網易雲音樂,蘋果Podcast,荔枝,喜馬拉雅,蜻蜓FM,QQ音樂,酷狗音樂訂閱「為你讀英語美文」,下載音頻。
為你讀英語美文
讓聽英語成為一種享受
▼點擊 閱讀原文,收聽更多美文