作者:小雅和英美友人
健身器材-小雅女兒和美國朋友語音示範
04:21來自你和寶寶說英語
◆ 能用健步機蕩鞦韆嗎?◆ 扶、抓、轉、吊,這些動作英文怎麼說?◆ 「明白了、會玩了」有哪些英文說法?
Exercising at the Outdoor Gym
玩小區健身器材
I. Air Walker 太空漫步機
Mom: Let's go exercise at the outdoor gym!
媽媽:咱們去玩小區健身器材吧!
在英文中,小區健身器材區叫outdoor gym,即戶外健身房。
Child: Okay, let's start at this station over here.
寶寶:好的,咱們先玩這邊這個器材吧。
Mom: Okay.
媽媽:好的。
Good choice.
選得好。
It's called an air walker.
這個叫太空漫步機。
This one helps exercise your legs and core,
它能幫助你鍛鍊腿部和核心,
or your tummy muscles.
也就是肚肚上的肌肉。
Put one foot in each of the foot holders.
一隻腳放在一個放腳的槽裡。
Good!
好的!
Child: I feel tall now!
寶寶:我現在感覺變高了!
Mom: Yeah, you are!
媽媽:嗯嗯,是的!
Now, hold on to the bar in front of you
現在扶著前面的杆,
and move your legs back and forth
兩條腿前後移動,
as if you were walking.
好像在走路一樣。
Very good!
非常好!
But don't go too fast
但是別太快,
or you might fall off.
要不然你該摔下來了。
Child: I've got the hang of it.
寶寶:我知道怎麼玩了。
表達「明白了、會玩了」的說法一。
I can feel my legs getting a workout!
我能感覺到腿得到了鍛鍊!
Mom: Haha, I bet.
媽媽:哈哈,是的。
Child: Can I use it as a swing like this?
寶寶:我能拿它像這樣當鞦韆玩嗎?
Mom: That's a bit dangerous
媽媽:這樣有點危險,
and is the wrong way to use it.
而且是錯誤的使用方法。
I know children really like doing it that way,
我知道小孩都喜歡這麼玩,
but you really shouldn't.
但是你們不應該這樣。
II. Double Shoulder Rotation Station
雙人大轉輪
Mom: Ready for another one?
媽媽:準備好玩下一個了嗎?
Child: Yeah!
寶寶:嗯!
Let's try the one with wheels!
咱們玩有輪子那個吧!
Mom: That is a double shoulder rotation station.
媽媽:那個是雙人大轉輪。
Two people can use it at once,
兩個人可以同時玩,
like you and me.
比如你和我。
Since you are shorter,
你矮一些,
you should use the wheel that's closer to the ground.
你用離地面近的那個輪子吧。
I'll show you first
我先給你演示一下,
and then you try.
然後你再玩。
First, you stand facing the wheel.
首先,你面衝輪子站。
Then grab the two knobs on the wheel.
然後抓住輪子上的兩個圓把手。
Child: Like this?
寶寶:這樣嗎?
Mom: Yes.
媽媽:是的。
When you turn,
你轉的時候,
make sure you bend your upper body with the turn a little.
上身要跟著轉動的方向彎一點。
You should feel the stretch in your shoulders, arms, and back.
你應該能感覺到肩部、胳膊和背部的拉伸。
Child: I got it!
寶寶:明白了!
表達「明白了、會玩了」的說法二。
I'm going to try to do 20!
我要試試做20個!
Mom: Okay.
媽媽:好的。
I'll count them.
我給你數著。
III. Pull-up and Chin-up Station
引體向上器材
Child: That station over there looks like monkey bars!
寶寶:那邊那個器材看起來像雲梯!
Mom: Well, you do hang on to the bars,
媽媽:嗯,你也是吊在杆兒上,
but for a different reason.
但是目的不同。
This is the pull-up and chin-up station.
這個是引體向上器材。
Pull-up是正手引體向上,chin-up是反手引體向上。
On the left, you can just climb up and down it.
左邊的那個,你就在上面爬爬吧。
Child: Yeah, let me try.
寶寶:好的,我試試。
I don't want to fall, though!
但是我可不想掉下去!
Mom: Don't worry --
媽媽:別擔心,
I will help you get onto it
我幫你上去,
and then make sure you don't fall.
然後保護你不掉下來。
Good job!
真棒!
Child: Can I do chin-ups?
寶寶:我能做引體向上嗎?
Mom: Okay, I'll pick you up.
媽媽:可以的,我把你抱起來。
Grab the bar with your palms facing towards you.
手心對著自己握住杆。
Now pull your whole body up,
把整個身體拉起來,
as if you were going to touch your chin to the bar.
就好像你要讓下巴去碰杆。
Child: Got it!
寶寶:明白了!
表達「明白了、會玩了」的說法三。
Mom: Hold on,
媽媽:等一下,
I'm going to let you hang for a moment,
我讓你先吊一會兒,
so you can feel your weight.
這樣你能感受到自己的重量。
See how strong you have to be to complete a chin-up?
看看需要多大勁兒才能完成一個引體向上?
Child: Yeah! Very strong!
寶寶:嗯!需要好大勁兒啊!
Mom: I'll hold you from down here
媽媽:我在下面扶著你,
and you pull up.
然後你往上拉。
We'll do five.
咱們做5個。
Ready?
準備好了嗎?
1...2...3...4...5.
Child: Wow, I'm heavy!
寶寶:哇,我好重啊!
Mom: Well, just keep exercising and building those muscles
媽媽:嗯,只要堅持鍛鍊、強健這些肌肉,
and one day you'll be strong enough to do it on your own!
總有一天你能有足夠的勁兒自己做的!
IV. Other Stations 其他器材
Sit-up bench 腹肌板
Elliptical 橢圓儀
Monkey bars 雲梯
Stretch bars 壓腿架
Bike station 健騎機
Rower 划船器
Leg press 蹬力訓練器