近日,Netflix發布勵志題材《成為這樣的我》(Becoming,同時也是米歇爾自傳書名)預告片。該紀錄片聚焦米歇爾·歐巴馬(Michelle Obama)在成為美國第一夫人前的人生。身為一位黑人女性,她並不主張去等待世界變得平等,而是勇敢地去分享,用自己的力量來打破阻礙。
I am from the South Side of Chicago.
我來自芝加哥南部。
That tells you as much about me as you need to know.
這裡會告訴你關於我的一切。
It was a typical working-class community.
這是一個典型的工人階級社區。
Some good music, some good barbecue, some good times.
有美妙的音樂,熱鬧的燒烤,還有歡快的時光。
So little of who I am happened in those eight years.
在歐巴馬執政的那八年裡,作為我自己幾乎沒有發生什麼事。
So much more of who I was happened before.
在那之前我做過更多屬於自己的事情。
In high school, your guidance counselor didn't see in you what you saw in yourself. Yeah.
在高中的時候,你的輔導員並沒有從你身上看到你自己所看到的。是啊。
She decided I was reaching too high.
她認為我定的目標太高了。
How did you, as a black woman, persevere?
身為一位黑人女性,你是如何堅持下去的?
We can't afford to wait for the world to be equal to start feeling seen.
我們不能等待世界變得平等,期盼在這世界上的我們能被矚目。
I feel like I got to share with you all that the energy that's out there is much better than what we see.
我覺得我必須和你們分享,外面的能量比我們看到的要好得多。
How's everybody doing?
大家好嗎?
As my mother would say, Michelle and Barack Obama aren't special.
就像我母親說的那樣,米歇爾和巴拉克·歐巴馬並不特別。
There are millions of Michelle and Barack Obamas all over the world.
全世界有數以百萬對像米歇爾和巴拉克·歐巴馬一樣的夫婦。
If we can open up a little bit more to each other and share our stories, that's what breaks down barriers. Wow.
如果我們能多對彼此敞開一點,分享我們的故事,那就是打破障礙的途徑。真的。
I am becoming a strong, confident, fierce girl who realizes that I have the power to change the world.
我會成為一個堅強、自信、充滿熱情的女孩,並意識到自己有能力改變世界。
This is totally me, unplugged for the first time.
這完全是我,第一次蓄勢待發的模樣。