聖誕、元旦雙節剛過去
各種Mid-term、Assignment、Presentation就來了
既要關注KPL賽況
還要擔心湖人輸給熱火
Uicer們鴨梨真的山大!
那在日常生活中,如何自然而又貼切地
用英語表達自己的憂慮呢?
我們來看看本期的實用生活英語表達
Part 1
Expressing concern
(表達憂慮的語料)
I'm really worried about the Lakers tomorrow.
我真的好擔心明天湖人隊呀!
I'm afraid that I won't get there in time.
我擔心我不能準時趕到那兒。
I'm not looking forward to it.
我希望這件事兒別發生
I'm scared to death of making a fool of myself!
我好擔心讓自己出醜呀!
I'm really nervous about the talk tomorrow.
我好擔心明天的演講呀!
I've been worried sick about it.
我擔心得要死。
Part 2
Describing the effects
(表達憂慮的後果的語料)
I can't concentrate on anything.
我無法關注其他事情。
I can't think straight.
我無法思考。
I couldn't sleep last night.
我夜不能寐。
I can't help /stop thinking about it.
我忍不住要想這件事兒。
It's been on my mind all day.
我整天都在想這件事兒。
It's been keeping me awake at night.
這事兒讓我夜不能寐。
I've got butterflies in my stomach.
我緊張。
Part 3
Expressing advice/suggestions
(他人憂慮時,給出安慰的語料)
Stop worrying about it! / Stop thinking about it!
別想啦!
Stop talking nonsense!
別說胡話啦!
Stop fretting!
別煩惱!
Why don 't you go for a run or something?
你要不去跑跑?
Worrying about it won't help!
擔心也沒啥用!
You'll be fine.
會沒事兒的。
It'll all be over in 10 minutes.
十分鐘就搞定啦。
Just relax and you'll be fine.
放心就好啦,一切都會沒問題的。
It'll be all right on the night.
車到山前必有路!
You've got nothing to worry about!
有啥好擔心的!
Part 4
Expressing relief
(表達擔憂被解除/不再擔憂的語料)
Phew!
大鬆一口氣的語氣詞!
I wouldn't want to do that again.
我再也不做那樣的事兒了。
Thank goodness!
謝天謝地!
You have no idea what a relief it is.
你都不知道我鬆了多大一口氣。
That's a huge load/weight off my mind.
心裡的大石頭終於落地了。
Thank heavens that's over!
謝天謝地,總算結束了。
I'm glad that's over!
太高興了,總算結束了。
Summary
從表達憂慮,
其次到描述憂慮對自己的影響,
再到對憂慮的人提出建議,
最後到表達憂慮釋放後的輕鬆,
所需要的地道的英文表達都在這裡了,