光陰似箭,日月如梭~
中文有很多關於時間的成語,英文也不例外!趕緊來學習一波。
1
Day in the sun
得到關注。
It felt like a day in the sun today. My manager actually noticed me and praised my work!
今天好像一直走在陽光下。經理注意到了我還表揚了我的工作!
2
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
即便錶停了,一天也能對上兩次。描述某人幸運得到不配擁有的東西或不當成功。
He definitely didn’t deserve to win the lottery, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
他絕對不該贏得彩票,可即使一隻壞表一天也能對上兩次。
3
Feast today, famine tomorrow.
今日盛宴,明日饑荒。
He’s just bought himself a new Lamborghini and wears new suits every day. He doesn’t understand that it』ll be feast today, famine tomorrow if he continues like this!
他剛買了輛新的蘭博基尼,每天都穿新套裝。他不明白今天盛宴明日饑荒的道理,如果他繼續這樣下去,明天就會有饑荒。
4
Five 'o' clock shadow
(早上刮過後當天又長出的)短鬍子茬兒。
You can’t go for your interview with a five 『o』clock shadow! Go and have a shave!
你不能帶著胡茬兒去面試!趕緊刮鬍子去!
5
For the time being
眼下。
You can stay at my house for the time being, but you need to save up some money and get your own flat.
眼下你可以住在我家,但是你得存錢買房子。
6
Full of the joys of spring
充滿喜悅。
I wonder why she is so full of the joys of spring, Darren must』ve proposed to her!
我真好奇今天她怎麼這麼開心,一定是達倫向她求婚了!
7
Good time
提前到達。
I got to the office in good time, but got lost inside the building trying to find my interview room, and ended up being late anyway!
我提前到了,卻在大樓裡迷了路。我努力找面試點,還是遲到了!
8
Have one's moments
得意,突然積極。
He seemed in ever such a good mood earlier today, and offered to cook dinner! I guess he does have his moments!
今天早些時候,他看起來心情很不錯,竟然提出主動準備晚餐!我看他一定有了什麼得意的事。
9
Honest as the day is long
值得信賴。
I can’t believe he has been accused of stealing their money. I』ve known him for many years, and he is as honest as the day is long!
我真不敢相信他被指控偷了他們的錢。我們認識很多年了,他向來可靠。
10
In an instant/ In the blink of an eye
眨眼之間。
If he apologized and admitted his mistakes, I would take him back in an instant!
如果他承認錯誤,向我道歉,我就立馬把他帶回來!