找個時間「敘敘舊」
Hi, Roger, how are you? We haven’t seen each other for years. Listen, why don’t we catch up this weekend? 同學們好,歡迎收聽今天的Faith口語課堂-天天學,我是Faith老師,我和羅傑有好幾年沒見過面了, 我邀請他這個周末來做什麼呢? 請學習本課。。。
Demonstrate: vi.舉行示威遊行(或集會), vt. 說明, 演示, 論證, 證明
You have to demonstrate that you are reliable。 你得證明自己是靠得住的。
All of those demonstrated the correctness of his analysis. 這一切都證明了他分析的正確性。
Can you demonstrate your new model to us? 能向我們演示一下你們的新型號嗎?
Demonstration: n. 表明;證明;示範
We watched a cookery demonstration at school. 我們在學校觀看了烹調示範。
His new book is a demonstration of his patriotism. 他寫的新書是他的愛國精神的證明。
We haven’t seen each other for years. Listen, why don’t we catch up this weekend?
Catch up: 追上, 趕上
You go on ahead; I'll catch you up in a few minutes. 你繼續向前走, 過幾分鐘我會趕上你的。
Prices will fall as soon as production catches up to demand. 一旦生產趕上了需求, 物價就會下跌。
I have to work hard to catch up with the other students. 要想趕上其他同學,我得特別努力才行。
Catch up: 敘敘舊,聊一聊
Heather, I haven’t seen you in ages, shall we meet this weekend to catch up? 海瑟,好幾年沒見了, 這個周末見個面敘敘舊吧.
I』ve been away from my family for 3 years; I need to catch up with my parents sometime. 我離開家都有3年了, 也該找個時間和父母敘敘舊了.
Linda, can you demonstrate how this DVD player works? Good, your demonstration is very impressive. By the way, Linda, I』d like to invite you for a dinner tonight, we need to catch up a little bit. (琳達,你能示範一下這個DVD播放機是如何工作的嗎? 很好,你的示範很生動。 另外,琳達,我想請你今晚一起吃晚飯, 我們需要稍稍敘敘舊。) 課後歡迎登錄大耳朵英語網站Faithradio播客: http://oral.ebigear.com/mypodcastlist-3065994-1.html與其它聽眾一起互動學習本課內容,告訴我們近期你想和誰敘敘舊, 我也會親自參與大家的學習和討論,並提供幫助。讓我們一起努力學好英語吧!這裡是Faith口語課堂-天天學,我是Faith老師,會喜歡這首歌嗎? Findlay Brown帶來的Love will find you, how long…How long you』ve been waiting for it, feel it inside, love will find you…