>>>> Learning English with Connie
中秋元旦雙節剛過去
各種Mid-term、Assignment、Presentation就來了
既要關注KPL賽況
還要擔心湖人輸給熱火
Uicer們鴨梨真的山大!
那在日常生活中,如何自然而又貼切地
用英語表達自己的憂慮呢?
我們來看看本期的實用生活英語表達
Expressing concern
(表達憂慮的語料)
• I'm really worried about the Lakers tomorrow.
我真的好擔心明天湖人隊呀!
• I'm afraid that I won't get there in time.
我擔心我不能準時趕到那兒。
• I'm not looking forward to it.
我希望這件事兒別發生
• I'm scared to death of making a fool of myself!
我好擔心讓自己出醜呀!
• I'm really nervous about the talk tomorrow.
我好擔心明天的演講呀!
• I've been worried sick about it.
我擔心得要死。
Describing the effects
(表達憂慮的後果的語料)
• I can't concentrate on anything.
我無法關注其他事情。
• I can't think straight.
我無法思考。
• I couldn't sleep last night.
我夜不能寐。
• I can't help /stop thinking about it.
我忍不住要想這件事兒。
• It's been on my mind all day.
我整天都在想這件事兒。
• It's been keeping me awake at night.
這事兒讓我夜不能寐。
• I've got butterflies in my stomach.
我緊張。
Expressing advice/suggestions
(他人憂慮時,給出安慰的語料)
• Stop worrying about it! / Stop thinking about it!
別想啦!
• Stop talking nonsense!
別說胡話啦!
• Stop fretting!
別煩惱!
• Why don 't you go for a run or something?
你要不去跑跑?
• Worrying about it won't help!
擔心也沒啥用!
• You'll be fine.
會沒事兒的。
• It'll all be over in 10 minutes.
十分鐘就搞定啦。
• Just relax and you'll be fine.
放心就好啦,一切都會沒問題的。
• It'll be all right on the night.
車到山前必有路!
• You've got nothing to worry about!
有啥好擔心的!
Expressing relief
(表達擔憂被解除/不再擔憂的語料)
• Phew!
大鬆一口氣的語氣詞!
• I wouldn't want to do that again.
我再也不做那樣的事兒了。
• Thank goodness!
謝天謝地!
• You have no idea what a relief it is.
你都不知道我鬆了多大一口氣。
• That's a huge load/weight off my mind.
心裡的大石頭終於落地了。
• Thank heavens that's over!
謝天謝地,總算結束了。
• I'm glad that's over!
太高興了,總算結束了。
從表達憂慮,
其次到描述憂慮對自己的影響,
再到對憂慮的人提出建議,
最後到表達憂慮釋放後的輕鬆,
所需要的地道的英文表達都在這裡了,
同學們要利用接下來這一周的瑣碎時間反覆看本文內容,並大聲朗讀,這樣不僅能夠豐富自己的英語語料,還可以提高自己的口語水平。
本期的Connie老師英語分享就到這裡啦
下期再見~
別讓生活耗盡了你的耐心和嚮往,
畢竟你還有
Quiz 和 Test
Lecture 和 Lab
Presentation 和 Project
Paper 和 Final
~關注公眾號持續分享英語乾貨~