電影《草葉(2009)》Part1-中英文對照臺詞劇本

2020-12-15 可小果

更多內容請百度搜索:可小果

這是公元前四百年 發生在雅典的一幕

The scene is Athens, 400 BC.

當地的一些智者相聚一堂

A bunch of the local braniacs have gotten together,

酌酒間

the wine is being passed,

火花湧動 思想激烈交鋒

and the ideas are flowing fast and furious.

草葉

辯論達到了高潮

The debate's in full force,

蘇格拉底發表意見 而阿西拜厄狄斯加入了討論

and Socrates has the floor. Who enters? Alcibiodes,

這位醉醺醺的俊美男人

drunk, a beautiful man,

當時正瘋狂愛戀著自己的導師 蘇格拉底

hopelessly in love with his mentor, Socrates.

然而 有意思的是 交鋒之中

And, uniquely, in all of these dialogues,

蘇格拉底沒有如阿西拜厄狄斯一般抗辯到底 為什麼

Socrates doesn't get the last word. Alcibiodes does. Why?

因為正如柏拉圖曾經說過

Because passion, Plato seems to be saying,

情感就是人類本質上的弱點

is essentially and mercilessly human.

我們所能做的 就是通過持久地自律

And the best that we can hope to do is to quell it,

抑制情感

through relentless discipline.

對蘇格拉底來說

To Socrates,

健康的生活

the healthy life is comprised

就是在萬眾矚目之下

of constant focus by the individual,

依舊保留自己的一片淨土

to excise those forces that weaken or...

不受那些擾亂認知的雜念影響

or confuse his understanding of the world around him.

他乞求我們保持這樣的自律

He implores us to devote our lives to this kind of control.

這意味著 每時每刻的自律

Meaning, our every waking moment.

蘇格拉底認清了一點

Socrates recognized what every philosopher

而這點為歷史上所有哲學家和宗教人士所承認

and religion, for that matter, in the history of the world,

從柏拉圖到亞里斯多德 從伊壁鳩魯到斯多葛

from Plato to Aristotle, from Epicurus to the Stoics,

從猶太基督教眾 到佛家教徒 無一例外

from the Judeo-Christians to the Buddhists, have all observed,

幸福生活所需的平衡

which is that the balance needed for a happy life

是虛幻的

is illusory.

一旦我們以人類固有的方式

And as soon as in our gorgeously-flawed human way

誤以為我們達到了這種平衡

we think that we've attained it.

那就是在自比上帝 我們也將因此毀滅

We're pretending divinity, and we're gonna crash,

正如卡勒斯 灰飛煙滅於海洋

like Icarus, flaming into the sea.

這周末好好想想這一點

So think about that this weekend,

當你自以為站在世界之巔

when you think you're on top of the world,

於是幾杯啤酒下肚

and then you pour a pitcher of beer

便去追求那位你配不上的男人時

down your throat and chase that upper-classman,

請想想我今天的話

who's out of your league.

下周我們談亞里斯多德

Aristotle is next week.

不要拘泥於文字 要想像場景

don't just look at it as words. Imagine the scene.

這些都是人 曾經活生生的人

These were people. They were alive, like you and me.

這些都是他們的思想 請賦予它們生命

They thought these things. Breathe 'em into life.

我想把索福克勒斯作品中

So, I was thinking about doing a sort of contrast

對話和旁白做一個對比

between dialogue and chorus in Sophocles.

你可以參考尼採的《悲劇的誕生》

Now you should check out Nietzsche's Birth of Tragedy.

他認為悲劇源於兩位神的交鋒

He says that tragedy emerges from the clash between Apollo,

理智與和諧之神阿波羅 迷狂之神狄俄尼索斯

God of reason and harmony, and Dionysus, god of intoxication.

在人類身上 這二者的衝突不可避免

And that their struggle within our human condition is inevitable, and

也因此產生了

that is what has produced the most

世間最耀眼的藝術形式

salient form of art the world's ever known.

-悲劇 -你不這麼認為嗎

- Tragedy? - What, you don't think so?

我喜歡喜劇 一起去看電影嗎

I like comedies. 'Ya wanna see a movie?

不 格林斯坦小姐 很抱歉

No, Miss Greenstein, I'm sorry.

-你收到我的字條了嗎 -收到了

- Did you get my note? - I did.

怎樣

And?

用拉丁文寫很聰明

It was very clever of you to write it in Latin.

還有大量使用被動迂迴說法呢

With the repeated use of the passive periphrastic?

-很繁瑣 -還有我把頭韻形容詞

- It was quite propagate. - And how I was sending up cicero

插入動詞之中

with all those alliterative adjectives

模仿西塞羅風格呢

thrusting themselves into the verbs?

羅馬哲學家

-這些我都發現了 -那麼

- None of this was lost on me. - So?

格林斯坦小姐

Miss Greenstein,

你很聰明 也很有特點

you are very, very bright and very profession in your way,

但總有規矩 道德觀念 或者說

but there are certain rules, mores , if you will,

這條界限不能跨越

lines that we don't cross.

我沒有開玩笑

I'm not joking, actually,

還請你今後自重

and I'm gonna ask you in the future to refrain..

不 不 不 請別這樣

No! no, no, no... no! Please, don't do that!

請你把門打開 格林斯坦小姐

I'm gonna ask you to open that door, Miss Greenstein.

我張口結舌 發不出一絲聲音

Lingua sed torpet, tenuis sub artus

拉丁語

一股纖細的熱流傳遍全身

Flamma demanat, sonitu suopte

拉丁語

卡圖盧斯詩集 第五十一章 勒斯比亞循環詩

Catullus 51, the lesbia cycle, yes. however,

不 不 不 不要這樣

Oh, no, no, no! abs... absolutely not!

格林斯坦小姐

Miss Greenstein!

這對我們倆都不好

This is not good for either of us!

格林斯坦小姐 不 請自重

No, Miss Greenstein! No! Restrain yourself!

抱歉 我 我

Oh! Oh! Excuse me! um... I... I... I...

瑪姬

Maggie! Mag... Maggie!

別走 格林斯坦馬上就離開

Please don't go. Miss Greenstein was just leaving.

-瑪姬 別誤會 -您不用說了

- Maggie. Absolutely nothing. - You don't have to say anything.

我絕不會 她 她自己就撲上來

I would never... she... she... she went and just puh!

他們都愛你 哈佛也是

They're all in love with you. Just like Harvard.

誰告訴你的

Who told you that?

這可是古典學系

This is the classics department.

所有人都飛短流長

No one is more gossipy than you people.

我明天一早去劍橋 只是吃個飯而已

Ok, I am going to Cambridge in the morning. It's just a lunch.

與我無關

I don't wanna know.

我們不玩兒冰毒 古柯鹼也是

We don't deal in crystal meth. We don't deal in cocaine.

搖頭丸或是白粉我們也不做

Not your rock stuff or your powder.

凡是要擱勺子裡煮的

We don't do nothing ya gotta cook up in a spoon

要注射的我們都不做

and shoot into your arm.

藥丸 合成藥片兒 都不是我的菜

Pills? Pharmaceuticals? Hell, no, by and large.

或許

Maybe, well,

我曾經經手過一些黑茉莉

maybe the black molly's gonna pass through these hands

大麻與蜂蜜混合物

但我之所以會這麼做

on his way to somewheres else,

僅僅是因為我上高中那會兒

just on account of the fact I used to like

嗑過一陣子 不然怎麼把作業寫完呢

pop in high school, 'cuz I had to get my homework done.

但我們的底線就在這裡

But that's generally where we draw the line.

不 先生 我們只做百分百俄州自產貨

No, sir. we deal in 100% pure Oklahoma grown,

獨家的 為什麼

exclusive. why?

因為我可不想因為把抗組胺劑

Because I ain't gonna blow my house up

混進甘油而把自家房子炸飛

mixing up antihistamines into dynamite.

還有 說真的 那種要用針注射的東西

And, spiritually, I don't cotton to somethin'

我可沒有好感

that's gotta pass through a needle.

化學品嘛 就是不喜歡而已

Chemicals, well, I just don't like 'em.

我的馬仔們原來都是走私犯

My people was bootleggers before all this.

原來是作坊產業 純天然

It was a backyard operation. They did it natural.

如今技術含量提高了 這點我可以保證

Little bit more of a science nowadays. I will grant ya that.

你說你改主意了 要北上擴張了

You say you changed your mind, getcha up north.

-他想去德州 -不可能

- He mentioned Texas. - Texas ain't gonna happen.

混球 我們不去德州做

Dick, we don't wanna sell in Texas.

堪薩斯 內布拉斯加 密蘇裡都行

Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri.

沒興趣

I ain't interested.

他說你最好把興趣培養出來

He say you'd better get your mind around being interested.

什麼意思

Meaning what?

就是說 要麼你擴張生意

Meaning your choice is to expand your business,

要麼我們就讓你關門大吉

or we shut you down entire.

看你到時候怎麼還債

Then how you gonna pay your debt?

-肥貓出什麼事了 -上周被抓了

- Well, what happened to fat back? - Arrested last week.

-那個邁阿密來的菜鳥呢 -把自己房子炸了

- And the rawls feller up in liberty mans? - Blowed his house up.

看見沒 所以我不幹這種事

Oh, see, that's.. that what I'm talkin' about.

時下風頭很緊

Well, it's tough times.

可不是嘛

Well, ain't it the truth.

過去 你只要拉上幾根絆線

Used to be, you could get a couple of trip wires,

設上幾個陷阱

a couple of booby traps,

養上幾條好狗 收買好條子

a good set of dogs, you pay off your local constable,

你就可以逍遙地做你的生意

and you just live out on the property.

施點複合肥 那玩意跟夏天的豆子一樣瘋長

Feed her a little 13-13-13 fertilizer, like growing summer beans.

就連打擊毒品的行動也沒殃及我們

Even the war on drugs passed us by.

當然了 他們現在更喜歡反恐

相關焦點