Have you had dreams?
Good dreams or bad dreams?
Little Critter had a dream that he grew pointy fangs and long claws.
He had bat wings and a long tail.
He didn't go to school.
He can do whatever he wanted.
But when night falls who put him in bed and read him a story?
I had a dream that I made a magic potion.
我做了一個夢,夢裡我製造出了魔法藥水。
After I mixed it up, I drank the potion down.
在我混合好藥水後,我把藥水喝了。
Then weird things started to happen,
接著,奇怪的事情開始發生了,
just like in a spooky show on television.
就像在電視上的恐怖秀裡一樣。
I changed.
我變了。
I grew pointy fangs and long claws.
我長出了尖尖的牙齒和長長的爪子。
I had bat wings and a long tail.
我長出了蝙蝠一樣的翅膀和長長的尾巴。
I could roar so loud that I scared everybody,
我可以大聲咆哮,嚇到每個人,
and they left me alone.
於是他們留下我一個人呆著。
Then I did whatever I wanted.
然後我做了我想做的任何事。
I lived all by myself.
我獨自生活。
My room looked just the way I wanted it to look.
我的房間看起來正是我想要的樣子。
I had cookies and ice cream for breakfast.
我早餐吃了餅乾和冰淇淋。
I never brushed my fur or my fangs
我從來沒有刷過我的皮毛或尖牙,
and I never changed my clothes.
也從未換過衣服。
I got a gorilla for a pet.
我養了一隻大猩猩做寵物。
I didn't go to school.
我沒有去學校。
I just rode my bicycle wherever I wanted.
我只是騎自行車到我想去的地方。
We ate ice cream and fudge pops for lunch.
我們午餐吃冰淇淋和奶油軟糖。
We played outside as long as we wanted--
我們在外面玩了很久,
even after it was dark.
即使天黑了。
At dinnertime we just ordered in pizza and didn't use napkins.
在晚餐時,我們只訂了披薩餅而且沒有使用餐巾。
I never took a bath--even if I was dirty.
我從來不洗澡,即使我很髒。
I kept lizards and frogs and snakes in the tub.
在浴缸裡養蜥蜴、青蛙和蛇。
I watched television as late as I wanted
我看電視想看到幾點就看到幾點,
and never even had to go to bed.
甚至從不睡覺。
I got sleepy anyway and went upstairs.
這會兒我困了,於是我上樓去了。
But there was no one to tuck me in and read me a story.
但是沒有人給我掖被子,給我讀睡前故事。
Then I got scared,
然後我嚇了一跳,
and there was no one to give me a hug.
沒有人給我擁抱。
I began to cry.
我開始哭了。
I wanted my mommy and daddy.
我要找我的爸爸媽媽。
Suddenly someone was shaking me.
突然,有人在搖晃我。
It was my mom and dad.
是我的爸爸媽媽。
"You had a bad dream, " they said.
「你做噩夢了,」他們說。
"Time to put you in bed," said Dad.
「該把你放在床上了,」爸爸說。
"That's not a magic potion, is it?" I asked.
「那不是魔法藥水,對吧?」我問。
"No, it's just warm milk," said Mom.
「不是,是熱牛奶哦,」媽媽說。
"Good,"I said."I don't want a magic potion."
「好棒,」我說,「我不想要魔法藥水。」
Chinese name:倪娜娜
English name:Nina