英語情景對話話題精粹: What Sports Do You Like

2020-12-11 新東方網

  你喜歡什麼運動?

  David:Do many people in your company do exercise?你們公司鍛鍊的人多嗎?

  You:Yes. Many young, single people with desk jobs, like me, join sports clubs for exercise on the weekends. 很多年輕人都進行鍛鍊。坐辦公室的單身一族們,像我,周末都會到健身俱樂部去鍛鍊。

  David:What kind of sports? 玩什麼?

  You:排球、籃球,如果經濟寬裕的話就打高爾夫。

  David:People who have more money can afford golf. Other sports like volleyball are a good model for teamwork. It is good to do with coworkers.經濟寬裕的人才打得起高爾夫。其它的運動——像排球——就很適合集體活動,和同事們一起玩很有趣。

  You:I think I』ll try volleyball sometime. Playing sports is very social. Nowadays, in modern life, people spend more and more time on their own, so sports are a good way to socialize. What kinds of sports do you like? 我有時也想試試打排球,有利於社交嘛。人們現在獨處的時間好像越來越多了,做些運動是應該有利於社交的。你喜歡什麼運動?

  David:Mostly soccer, or football, I play in a team. 足球,我參加了一個足球隊。

  You:你是隊長嗎?Are you the captain of the team?

  David:No, I am just a player. I’m too old to be the captain. 不,只是個隊員。我太老了,不能當隊長了。

  You:你在隊裡是什麼角色?What role do you play on the team?

  David:You mean what position you play. 「What role」 is more like 「what role did you play in the theater?」 應該說「你踢什麼位置」。「什麼角色」更多是用在「你在劇中扮演什麼角色」這樣的句子裡。

  You:那你踢什麼位置?So what’s your position?

  David:I play forward, striker.我踢前鋒。

  You:So you mainly play on the other side’s turf trying to score goals.

  on the other side’s turf:「on someone’s turf」直譯為「在他們控制或掌管的草地上」,喻意是「在某人的地盤上」。 那你主要在對方的半場活動,射門。

  David:Something like that.差不多吧。

相關焦點