Hey guys! This is Chris. 歡迎收聽我們每日口語系列,每天跟著我學最地道的口語表達。別人來找你的時候如果你恰好正在忙,怎麼禮貌地請人稍等?
特別有用的口語乾貨,馬上來聽聽看看!
^現在音頻都可以滑動、暫停等等!快來試試!
Hey, John. Hold‿on‿a sec. I'm‿in the middle‿of something. I'll come find‿you‿in like 10 minutes,‿ok?
用來標連讀: ‿
紅色山出現標吞音:d
綠色刪除線表弱讀:e
粗體用來標句重音:bold
Hold on a sec 稍等一秒鐘
"Hold on" means "wait". We tell someone to "hold on" when we want them to wait for a short time. But we use "hold on" instead of "wait" when the reason for the listener to wait is not that important. In an emergency situation, we would clearly yell "Wait!". But in normal conversation, "hold on" usually fits better.
"hold on"意思就是「等一下」。我們想讓別人等比較短的一段時間時會跟他們說"hold on"。如果讓聽話者等的原因沒那麼重要的話,我門就用"hold on"而不用"wait"。在緊急情況下,我們肯定等清楚地喊出來"等等"!但在一般對話中,用"hold on"比較合適。
Hold on - you might be able to recover it.
稍等-你可能可以恢復它。
Hold on. Just hear me out first.
等等。先聽我說。
A sec - 一秒鐘的縮寫,指一會兒、很短的時間
"A sec" is short for "a second", but it actually means a short period of time. Ask this before starting a conversation with a coworker, to make sure that they're not too busy to talk:
"A sec"是「一秒鐘」的縮寫,但其實指的就是一段很短的時間。跟同事開始一段對話前問問這句,來確認他們 沒有忙到沒空說話:
Do you have a sec?
你有空麼?
(Someone) is in the middle of (doing something)
(某人)正在忙著(做某事)
We say this when someone is doing something and it's not convenient to stop. For example, if you're trying to write an e-mail for work that needs concentration, and someone interrupts you, you could say:
當我們正在做某事而不太方便馬上停下來時,就可以用這句。比如,你正在專心地寫一封工作郵件,有人來打擾你,這時你就可以說:
Sorry, I'm in the middle of something.
I was in the middle of writing an email when she walked in and started going on and on about some problem with the copier.
我正忙著寫一封郵件呢,她走進來就開始不停地嘮叨複印機的問題。
I can't look at that right now, dear. I'm in the middle of making dinner.
我現在看不了,親。我正在忙著做晚飯呢。
Come find you 來/去找你
這裡其實就是想提醒大家注意漢語裡都是「找」,但"look for"強調的是「尋找」這個動作,而"find"指的是包含結果的「找到」。
I'll come find you when I finish dinner.
我吃完晚飯就來去找你。
Come find me when you finish work!
等工作完了來我!
今天的課就到這兒。希望大家以後聽這句話就知道怎麼回答!
Today's Homework!
現在來跟我說說,如果你很忙的時候,有人來打斷你,你會怎麼說呢?留言跟我們說一下!
另外要是覺得漲知識了,請幫我們分享給朋友,我們一起努力可以消滅一切Chinglish!
See you guys tomorrow!