Hello, 大家好,歡迎來到地道英語口語,今天給大家分享我們日常生活當中經常會用到的一個 短語, 」一記耳光」的英語表達。
PS: 文中還有很多其他經典的句子短語,大家仔細學習一下。
下面先來看一段對話
Dialogue
Hey, Mary. So how did your interview go?
嘿,瑪麗。你的面試進行得怎麼樣了?
You know, quite good..OK..well not bad.
你知道的,非常好…好吧…還不錯吧。
So did you get the promotion?
所以你升職了嗎?
Well...no.
好吧…沒有。
I didn’t.
我沒有。
It was a bit of a slap in the face actually.
實際上這有些像是一記耳光。
A slap in the face? Did they hit you?
一記耳光?他們打你了?
No, no, no.
不,不,不。
I mean not getting the job is a bot of an insult, you know I was the right man for the job. Look at all my qualifications and experiences.
我的意思是沒得到這份工作有些像是受到侮辱,對於這份工作,我才是合適的人選,看看我全部的任職資格和工作經驗。
Oh dear.
哦親愛的。
You sound quite offended.
你聽上去有些被冒犯了呀。
That’s what 「a slap in the face」 means it’s an action that can be seen as an insult or cause offence.
這就是「一記耳光」的含義,就是可以被視為一種侮辱或是冒犯的行為。
So what are you going to do about getting a promotion?
那對於升職這件事,你打算怎麼做呢?
Well to be honest, it wasn’t much of a promotion anyway, it was quite a boring job role and no more money. An idiot could have done it.
說實話,這其實並不是多大的晉升,這實在是個很無聊的工作崗位,工資也沒有漲,傻瓜才做呢。
Ow, what was that?
哎呦,這是幹嘛?
That’s a real slap in the face!
這是一記真正的耳光。
Was it something I said?
是不是我說了些不該說的話。
For examples
After all the extra work we put in, it was a slap in the face not to win the contract.
在我們投入了所有的加班以後,沒有贏得這項合同對我們來說簡直就是一記耳光。
Not being invited on his stag do, was a real slap in the face, I thought I was his best friend.
沒有得到他的晚會邀請,對於我來說真的是一記耳光,我還以為我是他最好的朋友呢。
今天的學習就到這裡啦!
每天我都會為大家分享這樣的乾貨
然後整理出精華內容
讓你學到最地道的日常英語表達
今天你打卡學習了嗎?
下期再見!