1、lean on 靠在……上,倚在……上
The dancing had turned her head, so that she had to lean on him to keep her balance.
她跳舞跳得頭暈目眩,只得倚靠在他身上以保持身體平衡。
2、learn by heart 背誦
The children can repeat the poem they』ve just learnt by heart.
這些孩子能背誦他們剛學過的詩歌。
3、leave alone 不打擾,不幹預
She wants to think things out quietly, so we had better leave her alone.
她要安靜地考慮一下,最好別打擾她。
4、leave behind
1) 忘帶,留下
He left behind an immortal example to all posterity.
他給後世留下了不朽的典範。
2) 使落後,丟在後面
The young athlete soon left the others far behind.
那位年輕運動員很快就把其他選手拋在後面。
5、leave out
1) 更別提,更不用說
The baby can’t even walk, let alone run.
這小孩連走路都不會,更不用說跑了。
2) 刪除,省略
He left that part of the speech out.
他把講話中的那部分刪去了。
6、let alone
1) 不理,不管(惹),不煩擾,不幹涉
Let me alone!
別管我!
2) 更不用說,還不算
We can’t afford a bicycle, let alone a car.
我們連自行車也買不起,更不用說汽車了。
7、let down 使失望,失信
You can trust Brooks. He』ll never let you down.
你可以相信布魯克斯,他決不會使你失望。
8、let go 放開,鬆手
The bowler let go a couple of scorchers.
投球手投出了幾個快球。
9、let out
1) 使(火)熄滅
Don’t let the fire out, will you?
別讓火熄滅,好嗎?
2)(非正)洩露秘密
Someone had let the news out.
有人把這消息洩漏出去了。
10、line up (for) 排隊等候
I hate lining up in the cold to go to the cinema.
我非常討厭在大冷天裡排隊等著看電影。