美國廣播公司(ABC)製作的美劇 Desperate Housewives絕望的主婦, 以其故事情節跌宕起伏,人物關係錯綜複雜,對話語言生動精彩而經久不衰。尤其是開頭的旁白,或是溫暖人心,或是富有人生哲理,它將成為我們一起欣賞的金句。
瀏覽器版本過低,暫不支持視頻播放
Watch the video again, and complete the sentences with the missing words or phrases according to what you have heard.
1--Hi, Maisy.梅茜。
2--Are you___________ my husband?你在跟我的丈夫暗渡陳倉嗎?
3--_________s were confronted.情婦浮出水面。
4--Very good to be back. 回家真好。
5--What's that?那是什麼?
6--I'm on house arrest. It's a condition of my_____ .我被軟禁在家裡。這是保釋條件。
7--How are you gonna work?那你怎麼去上班?
8--I can't. I can't do anything.我不能上班。 我什麼都做不了。
9--The _______s were turned.局勢驟轉。
11--And secrets from the past...過去的秘密 ...
12--I'm afraid you're mistaken. My wife's name was Mary Alice.恐怕你弄錯了, 我妻子叫瑪麗·艾莉絲 。
13--...caught up with everyone. 昭然於天下。
14--I'm such an idiot! You're such a liar.我真是個白痴! 你這個騙子。
15--Oh, and apparently, a killer. 顯然還是個兇手。
16--Throughout even _______________ of neighborhoods,即便是在風氣最好的社區。
17--you can hear the sound of scandal.你也能聽到不和諧的聲音。
18--Some ________s announce themselves with a shout.有些醜聞是大聲嚷嚷出來的。
19--Ida? Ida Greenberg, that is not your paper.艾達? 艾達·格林伯格, 那不是你的報紙 。
20--Some with a whisper.有些是悄聲細語出來的。
21--Throw me a 20, and I'll ________ free porn.加20塊, 我就幫你接上免費成人頻道。
22--And some with a bang.有些是隨槍聲而來的。
23--Get the hell off my lawn! 滾出我的草坪!
24--[世上只有好媽媽]
25--And once in great while,然而, 偶爾
26--there comes a scandal so deliciously______,它們骯髒卻又動聽無比,
27--its roar ________all other noise.以至於蓋過一切聲響。
28--Does your husband have any idea 你丈夫知道
29--how many men pay to sleep in this bed?有多少男人付錢上這張床嗎?
30--There's not a lot of sleeping going on.除非我很盡職。
31--Not if I'm doing my job right.不然也不會很多。
32--So, how do you wanna get started?你想怎麼開始 ?
33--With these.用這個。
34--Well! That's gonna cost you______.那可需要附加費用。
35--Maisy Gibbons, you're under arrest for_______.梅茜·吉本斯,你因賣淫被捕了。
The third watching is for you to check your writing.
1--Hi, Maisy.梅茜.
2--Are you having an affair withmy husband?
與......有曖昧關係;和......私通
3--Mistresses were confronted.情婦
4--Very good to be back。
5--What's that?
6--I'm on house arrest. It's a condition of my bail.保釋
7--How are you gonna work?
8--I can't. I can't do anything.我不能上班, 我什麼都做不了。
9--The tables were turned.局勢驟轉
10--Good lord, that's Angela.
11--And secrets from the past...
12--I'm afraid you're mistaken. My wife's name was Mary Alice.
13--...caught up with everyone.
14--I'm such an idiot! You're such a liar.
15--Oh, and apparently, a killer
16--Throughout eventhe most respectable of neighborhoods,風氣最好
17--you can hear the sound of scandal.
18--Some scandals announce themselves with a shout.有些醜聞
19--Ida? Ida Greenberg, that is not your paper.
20--Some with a whisper.
21--Throw me a 20, and I'll hook you up withfree porn.幫你接上
22--And some with a bang.
23--Get the hell off my lawn!
24--[世上只有好媽媽]
25--And once in great while,
26--there comes a scandal so deliciously sordid,骯髒
27--its roar drowns out all other noise.蓋過
28--Does your husband have any idea
29--how many men pay to sleep in this bed?
30--There's not a lot of sleeping going on.
31--Not if I'm doing my job right.
32--So, how do you wanna get started?
33--With these.
34--Well! That's gonna cost you extra.附加
35--Maisy Gibbons, you're under arrest for solicitation.賣淫
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
—————————————————————
美劇筆記:
1. turn the table(on sb) :reverse a situation so as to put oneself in a position of superiority 扭轉形勢,由劣勢轉為優勢
2. respectable:adj. of acceptable social position; decent and proper in appearance or behaviour 體面的;有身份的;正派的;值得尊敬的:
3. sordid:[sdd] (of people, behaviour,etc) displaying selfishness, meanness, etc(指人、行為等)自私自利的,卑汙的,齷齪的:
eg. A sordid affair 骯髒的勾當
4. drowns out:[dran] (of a sound) be louder than (another sound) and prevent it being heard(指一聲音)淹沒(另一聲音)
eg. She turned up the radio to drown (out) the noise of the traffic.
她放大收音機的音量以壓過來往車輛的嘈雜聲。
5. solicitation:[slsten] n.賣淫
solicit: v. (of a prostitute) make a sexual offer (to sb), esp in a public place (指妓女)拉(客)(尤指在公共場所)
eg. She was fined for soliciting.
她因為拉客而被罰款。