錢江潮喲湘湖水,
Qianjiang River and Xianghu Lake!
這是浙東唐詩之路源起的地方
Here began the Roads of Tang Poetry.
你曾昂然遠行,涉水跋山,
You travelled far and wide.
曉發江鐘鳴
The early bell chimes were your cue.
你曾輕取功名,長安道上,
You achieved fame with talent and ease,
相伴皆豪英。
making friends with men of influence.
金龜換酒佳話在,
You traded golden turtle for wine
賀公一鬥酬知音。
simply to entertain your best friend.
官至帝師笑無為,
An emperor's teacher, your modesty never
千古文人競相羨。
clouds your name among the learned.
錢江潮喲湘湖水,
Qianjiang River and Xianghu Lake!
這是詩人魂牽夢縈的故土,
Tis the hometown that you longed for.
你曾淺斟豪飲,盞如月明,
On moon-lit nights, you drink deep,
一醉不願醒。
wishing that you'd never wake up.
你曾榮歸故裡,輕吟小曲,
You came home chanting a little poem.
句句訴鄉情。
Every word spoke of your homesickness.
少小離家老大回,
I left home young and return a senior,
鄉音無改鬢毛衰。
my accent endures but not my dark hair.
兒童相見不相識,
The children greet me but know me not,
笑問客從何處來。
cheerfully they ask me where I am from.