in a few days
或者是a few days later 都是可以的。
例:
The matter will rectify itself in a few days.
那件事過幾天就會變好。
I am leaving for sydney in a few days' time.
過幾天我要到雪梨去了。
In a few days, you will meet your baby brother.
再過幾天,你就會看到你的弟弟了。
one of these days
總有一天(用於許諾),也許明天,有朝一日
英文解釋是within an indefinite time or at an unspecified future time.
(在一個不確定的時間或在未來的一個不確定的時間)
例:
Good night, old chap. I'll be over again one of these days.
晚安,老弟。我過幾天還會再來的。
" One of these days, " said Fanny, with dismal emphasis, " you'll get into trouble."
「過不了幾天,」範尼難過地強調說,『你就會遇到麻煩的。」
sooner or later
過不了多久,遲早
used to say that you do not know exactly when something will happen, but you are certain that it will happen
來表示你不知道某件事什麼時候會發生,但你肯定它會發生;遲早
●Sooner or later, it will out.
在不久後,它會逃脫出來。
●Sooner or later she's going to realize what a mistake she's made.
她遲早會意識到她犯了一個多麼嚴重的錯誤。
工作到7點是by 7pm還是until 7pm?
很多時候判斷一個人的英文水平,
不會是從語法和長難句,
反而是那些基礎日常的表達,
今天我們就來研究by和until這兩個介詞用在時間上時的區別!
Preposition of time: 「by」
As a preposition of time, 「by」 means before a specific time.
作為放在時間前的介詞,by的意思是在特定的時間之前。
「by」 shows a time limit for something to happen.
by展示出了某事發生的時間範圍限制。
An event must happen before a specific time is reached.
就是事件必須在到達特定時間之前發生。
例:
Please send me the report by Tuesday.
請在星期二之前把報告發給我。
I must receive it before Tuesday. The deadline is Tuesday.
我必須在星期二之前收到。截止日期是星期二
Jane would like to lose 3 kg by June.
簡想在六月前減重3公斤。
She would like to lose 3kg before June.
她想在六月前減掉3公斤。
We often use 「by」 for projects with deadlines.
我們經常用by在項目的最後期限前。
All job applications must be received by the 15th July.
所有工作申請必須在7月15日前收到。
We often use 「by」 to say when someone will return:
我們經常用by來表示某人什麼時候回來
例:
Mark: Where is Jane?
簡在哪裡?
David: She is in London. She』ll be back by Saturday.
她在倫敦。她將在星期六之前回來。
Preposition of time: 「until」
As a preposition of time, 「until」 describes a continuous action that stops at a specific time.
作為時間介詞,until描述一個在特定時間停止的連續動作。
「until」 describes the duration of an action before a specific time.
until描述動作在特定時間之前的持續發生。
例:
I'm staying in New York until Friday.
我要在紐約待到星期五。
I'm really tired. Last night I watched a film until midnight.
我真的很累。昨晚我看了一場電影直到午夜。
Mark lived in Manchester until 2010.
2010年之前,馬克一直住在曼徹斯特。
The difference between 「by」 and 「until」
by和until之間的區別
I will be rich by 2020.
到2020年我就有錢了。
This means that in the present, I am not rich.
這意味著我現在並不富有。
I predict that I will be rich before year 2020.
我預測我將在2020年以前變得富有。
I will be rich until 2020.
到2020年我都有錢。
This means that in the present, I am already rich.
這意味著現在我已經很富有了。
I will continue to be rich between now and 2020
從現在到2020年,我將繼續富有
After 2020, I will no longer be rich. I will be poor.
2020年後,我將不再富有。我將會變窮。
"我工作到晚上7點"的正確翻譯是:
I worked by 7pm. ✖
I worked until 7pm. ✔