最後一片葉子 The Last Leaf - Bedtime Story

2020-12-27 英語東

The Last Leaf Once upon a time, there was a town of poor painters on a high hill.

最後一片葉子 從前,在一座高山上有一個小鎮,鎮上都是些窮畫家。

Sue and Johnsy were both training to be painters. They lived in a little brick house at the edge of town.

蘇和約翰西都在接受繪畫訓練。他們住在城市邊緣的一座小磚房裡。

Johnsy had come down with pneumonia and stayed in bed, feeling very ill. Returning home after work, Sue was exhausted.

瓊西得了肺炎,躺在床上,感到很不適。下班回家,蘇筋疲力盡。

The wind is so cold outside. Winter is coming. How are you? Have you been coughing a lot?

外面的風很冷。冬天來了。你好嗎?你咳嗽得厲害嗎?

Have you taken your medicine? Johnsy was too weak to respond.

你吃藥了嗎?瓊西太虛弱了,沒有回應。

Sue and Johnsy were so poor they could barely afford food and medicine.

All they could do was try to sell some of their paintings.

蘇和瓊西太窮了,幾乎買不起食物和藥品。

他們所能做的就是試著賣掉他們的一些畫。

Johnsy stared listlessly out the window.

There was some ivy on the opposite wall and she could see the leaves dancing in the harsh wind.

瓊西無精打採地盯著窗外。

對面牆上有一些常春藤,她能看到樹葉在刺骨的風中翩翩起舞。

What are you looking at? Just leaves.

你在看什麼呢?葉子而已。

What about them, Johnsy? They are just like me…

葉子怎麼啦,瓊西?它們就像我一樣。

Stop looking at them. You are nothing like them!

別看了。你跟它們不像!

Distressed by Johnsy's notion, Sue closed the curtains.

No, Sue, don't do that, I want to see the leaves…

蘇被瓊西的想法弄得心煩意亂,於是關上了窗簾。

不,蘇,別這樣,我想看看樹葉……

Sue ignored Johnsy's protests and closed the curtains anyway.

When the last leaf withers and falls, I will die too.

蘇對瓊西的抗議置之不理,無論如何還是關上了窗簾。

當最後一片葉子凋零,我也會死去。

Johnsy said helplessly. Hmm. . . I don't know what to say.

瓊西無奈地說。唔,我不知道該說什麼。

What do you think, Doctor, is there any hope she will get better?

I don't see much hope for the moment.

醫生,你覺得她會好起來嗎?

我暫時看不到什麼希望。

She has no will to live. What? But isn't there anything I can do?

她沒有活下去的意願。什麼?但我能做什麼嗎?

She must believe that she can live and get better.

The best you can do now is give her hope and encouragement.

她必須相信她能好起來。

你現在能做的就是給她希望和鼓勵。

That is the only medicine that can help her now. I understand.

這是現在唯一能幫助她的藥。我明白了。

Sue had to sit up day and night making illustrations for magazines just to make enough for Johnsy's medicine.

Johnsy lay in bed beside her and gazed sadly out of the window.

蘇不得不日夜不停地為雜誌做插圖,以掙足夠的錢給瓊西買藥。

瓊西躺在她旁邊的床上,悲傷地凝視著窗外。

Eight, seven, oh. . . one more has fallen. . . Six. Johnsy, what are you doing?

八、七,噢......又落了一片......六。瓊西,你在幹什麼?

See? Only six left now. When the last leaf falls, I will die too.

看見了嗎?現在只有六片葉子了。當最後一片葉子落下時,我也會死去。

How can you say that? That's ridiculous! You are not a leaf.

你怎麼可以這麼說呢?太荒謬了!你不是一片樹葉。

The wind must be very strong outside. Two more have just fallen.

外面的風一定很大。又落了兩片葉子。

Sue gently took Johnsy's hand. Please, Johnsy, be strong.

蘇握著瓊西的手。拜託了,瓊西,堅強一點。

The Doctor says you will be alright, Johnsy.

I am so tired of coughing all the time, and of seeing you work so hard to support me.

醫生說你會沒事的,瓊西。

我討厭整天咳嗽,也不想看到你這麼辛苦地工作來支持我。

I want to rest, to drift away quietly like those falling leaves. Like that. . . Sue had nothing to say.

我想休息,像那些落葉一樣靜靜地飄走。就像那樣......蘇無話可說。

She could only look at Johnsy and cry softly. Sue and Johnsy had a neighbor called Mr. Behrman.

她只能看著瓊西,輕聲啜泣。蘇和瓊西有個鄰居叫貝爾曼先生。

He was a painter too, but he hadn't painted anything in a long time.

Some people believed he simply had no talent.

他也是個畫家,但他很長時間沒畫任何東西了。

有些人認為他根本沒有天分。

Sometimes he would pose for other artists.

He helped Sue with her magazine illustrations.

有時他會給其他畫家當模特。

他給蘇的雜誌插圖提供幫助。

Tell me, Sue, how is Johnsy? She is so ill and weak.

告訴我,蘇,瓊西怎麼樣?她病得很重,很虛弱。

She insists that she will die when all the leaves from the Boston ivy outside have fallen.

The doctor says she can still recover, if she finds the will to live, but all she wants to do is stare at the leaves.

她堅持說,當外面的常春藤的葉子全部掉光時,她就會死去。

醫生說,如果她找到活下去的意願,她仍然可以康復,但她只想盯著樹葉看。

I wish we could find a way to give her strength…

Heavy winds howled through the streets that night, and raindrops pattered against the windowpane.

我希望我們能找到辦法給她力量……當晚,狂風呼嘯著穿過街道,雨點拍打著窗戶的玻璃。

Mr. Behrman watched the storm outside. That looks bad.

貝爾曼先生看著外面的暴風雨。看起來很糟糕。

I don't know if the leaves can hold up against this weather…

Mr. Behrman wanted to find a way to help Johnsy, but he was very poor himself and couldn't think of anything.

我不知道樹葉是否能抵禦這種天氣……貝爾門先生想找辦法幫助瓊西,但他自己很窮,什麼也想不出來。

Sue was nervous as well, and sat by Johnsy's side all night until she fell asleep.

When morning dawned, Sue woke with an anxious feeling.

蘇也很緊張,她整夜坐在瓊西身旁,直到她睡著。天剛亮,蘇就焦急地醒來了。

What if all the leaves had fallen from the Boston ivy overnight? Oh, Sue, you're awake.

如果一夜之間常春藤的葉子都掉光了呢?噢,蘇,你醒了。

Johnsy, are you up already? The leaves must all be gone now, right?

瓊西,你也醒了?葉子現在一定都掉光了,對吧?

Sue, please open the curtains and let me see them. Sue hesitated, she was afraid of what would happen.

蘇,請拉開窗簾讓我看看。蘇猶豫了,她對可能發生的事感到害怕。

Please, Sue, I want to see the last leaf. No, I can't! Don't ask me.

求你了,蘇,我想看看最後一片葉子。不,我不能!不要叫我!

Please, Sue. No. You will get better, and then you will go and open them yourself.

求你了,蘇。不,你會好起來的,然後你自己去拉開。

Sue didn't want to open the curtains, but when she saw the tears in Johnsy's eyes, she knew she had no choice.

Slowly, she went up to the window and grasped the curtains with trembling hands.

蘇不想拉開窗簾,但當她看到瓊西眼中的淚水時,她知道她別無選擇。

她慢慢地走到窗前,用顫抖的手抓住窗簾。

Closing her eyes, she pushed them open. Sue and Johnsy were both stunned.

她閉上眼睛,把它們推開。蘇和瓊西都驚呆了。

Despite the rainstorm and the strong winds, the last leaf was still there, holding on to its branch. Look at that, Sue. The last leaf has survived!

儘管經歷了狂風暴雨,最後一片葉子仍然留在那裡,緊緊地抓住樹枝。你看,蘇。最後一片葉子還在!

You see, Johnsy, it was strong, and it lived through the rainstorm! Johnsy! Sue, I will be like that leaf.

你看,瓊西,它很強大,而且挺過了暴風雨!瓊西!蘇,我會像那片葉子一樣。

I will get better. I will have the will to live now!

我會好起來的。我有活下去的意志!

Johnsy and Sue embraced, crying tears of joy. I am glad to see her so much improved.

瓊西和蘇擁抱在一起,喜極而泣。我很高興看到她好了這麼多。

It seems she has found the will to live and she will be able to recover very very soon. Thank you so much, Doctor.

她似乎找到了活下去的意志,很快就能康復。非常感謝你,醫生。

It is Johnsy who has conquered this illness, not me. The doctor smiled as he turned to go.

是瓊西戰勝了這種疾病,而不是我。醫生微笑著轉過身離去。

As he was about to leave he suddenly remembered something…

You know, your neighbor Mr. Behrman was brought to the hospital this morning.

他正要離開時,突然想起了一件事……

你知道嗎,你的鄰居貝爾曼先生今天早上被送到醫院。

He was found lying out in the street, drenched and half-frozen. His hands were stained with paint.

他被發現躺在街上,渾身溼透,快凍僵了。他手上有顏料。

Could he have been painting something? Oh, I don't think so.

他會不會在畫什麼?不會吧。

Why would he be out painting in the pouring rain?

I don't know. In any case, the poor old man had been lying out in the cold and rain all night.

他為什麼冒著傾盆大雨在外面畫畫?

我不知道。不過,這位可憐的老人整夜躺在寒冷和雨中。

His health was weak already. So, how is he? Please, tell me.

他的身體已經很虛弱了。他怎麼樣了?請告訴我。

He didn't make it, I'm sorry. - Oh, no! I hope Johnsy can find her strength in this painting…

他沒挺過來,很抱歉。- 噢,不!我希望瓊西能在這幅畫裡找到她的力量……

Sue looked again at the last ivy leaf, and suddenly realized that it wasn't moving in the wind.

She began to cry quietly, mourning for Mr. Behrman and his sacrifice.

蘇又看了看最後一片常春藤葉子,突然意識到它在風中一動不動。

她開始小聲哭起來,為貝爾曼先生和他的犧牲而哀悼。

相關焦點

  • 最後一片常春藤葉【每日一個原版小故事】The Last Leaf
    She arranged her board and began a pen-and-ink drawing to illustrate a magazine story.after the beating rain and fierce gusts of wind that had endured through the livelong night, there yet stood out against the brick wall one ivy leaf. It was the last one on the vine.
  • 【繪本分享】Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf(紅葉子,黃葉子)
    Red Leaf,Yellow Leaf(紅葉子,黃葉子by Lois Ehlert (洛伊斯·埃勒特) 作者向孩子們講述了一片從她最喜歡的樹上落下的葉子的故事,然後回顧了這棵樹從風中的一粒種子到育兒院的一棵小樹苗到成長為參天大樹的生命周期,以及四季變遷給她的生命留下的痕跡。
  • 詩歌最後一次英文版:The Last Time
    聖誕日,米皮媽和媽媽們分享了一首詩歌「最後一次」。很多媽媽讀後,都建議米皮媽吧這首詩的英文版貼出來。
  • 最後一片葉子
    不管是歡喜的還是悲傷的,迫不及待的還是留戀不舍的,抑或是終於歸根的、還是跟了風去流浪的,最終,曾經熱熱鬧鬧的一樹葉子,冷風裡只剩下最後一片。不知道是樹堅決不放手,還是葉子決心留下,總之,在本該分離的季節,它們完成了一段絕戀。
  • 【通用】自製軟體——Goldleaf金葉子nsp安裝工具
    Goldleaf金葉子nsp安裝工具Goldleaf金葉子nsp安裝工具,可以進行以下操作
  • 最後一片葉子|伴讀人之聲
    秋天的寒風把藤上的葉子差不多全都吹掉了,幾乎只有光禿的枝條還纏附在剝落的磚塊上。「6,」瓊西幾乎用耳語低聲說道,「它們現在越落越快了。三天前還有差不多一百片。我數得頭都疼了。但是現在好數了。又掉了一片。只剩下五片了。」「葉子。長春藤上的。等到最後一片葉子掉下來,我也就該去了。這件事我三天前就知道了。難道醫生沒有告訴你?」
  • 歐·亨利《最後一片葉子》:真心相待的朋友,是萬金都難買的財富
    與莫泊桑、契訶夫並稱為「世界三大短篇小說巨匠」的歐·亨利,曾寫過一篇非常著名的短篇小說 —— 《最後一片葉子》,在描繪人在困境中需要擁有信念感的同時,也對「朋友」二字做了非常深刻的解讀。《最後一片葉子》的故事其實很簡單,說的是畫家瓊西感染了肺炎,醫生對瓊西的好朋友蘇說她活下來的概率只有一成,在照顧瓊西的過程中,蘇發現瓊西一直對著窗外數數,瓊西說自己在數窗外常春藤上的葉子,當最後一片葉子掉落,就是自己該走的時候了。
  • 繪本講解 ▎第32本:I am a Leaf 第一講
    今天我們來讀一本新書,書的名字叫《我是一片葉子》。First take a look at the cover. 先來看看封面。What do you see on the cover? 封面上你看到了什麼?I see a boy and many leaves. 我看到一個男孩和許多樹葉。What color are the leaves?
  • 《最後一片葉子》續1 by狗尾巴草小隊
    貝爾門先生竟然為了我,把葉子撿了起來再畫了出來!」瓊西傷心得淚如雨下,「他為了我獻出了他的生命,可是我連一聲謝謝都來不及對他說,他就不在了……」瓊西越想越止不住,「好啦好啦,別哭了,貝爾門先生一定希望你好好的。」蘇一邊安慰著瓊西,一邊輕輕擦拭去她滿臉的淚水。一個月後,醫生又來看瓊西,他看見她正在和蘇一起在陽臺上畫畫呢!
  • 朗誦:一片葉子有沒有故事
    一片葉子有沒有故事文:花飛雪   誦:曉月清風&雅萱  記得有句話說,世界上沒有相同的兩片葉子,延伸意思為——世界上也沒有完全相同的兩個人。曾經在樹幹上緊密相偎的一片片葉子,使仰望的人們分不清彼此,只憑藉著其在枝頭的位置才會對某一片留下印象。
  • 一片葉子的故事
    一片葉子的故事
  • 最後三片葉子(童話)
    那片葉子一邊說著,一邊隨風飄落下去,在離別的一瞬間,又大聲地說,「請多保重,我愛你!」最後一片葉子每一天都想哭,想哭卻哭不出聲,即使哭出聲,也不會有眼淚。這種滋味原來這麼難受,更難受的是它第一次感覺到了真正的孤獨和寂寞,這比大樹早已忘掉它還要難受。
  • 【周四】【BBC History】人們發現了奴隸船最後倖存者的影片
    Film found of last slave ship survivor人們發現了奴隸船最後倖存者的影片 The last survivor of the final ship to bring slaves from Africa to the US has
  • 小豬佩奇系列 |《喬治王子的故事 The Story of Prince George》雙語版
    "It's nearly bedtime."「再來跳一遍舞吧,」豬爸爸笑著說,「快到睡覺時間了。」"It is bedtime, Daddy Pig!" says Mummy Pig.「已經到睡覺時間了,豬爸爸!」豬媽媽說。"They are almost asleep," says Daddy Pig.
  • 傑克與魔豆 Jack and the Beanstalk - Bedtime Story
    最後,傑克找到了通往廚房的路,在那裡他發現了一條麵包和一些牛奶。Perhaps it's just the smell of the turkey I had last night. . . .巨人看了看四周,但沒有看到任何人。也許只是我昨晚吃的火雞的味道......I am tired, I think I will go to bed.
  • 插畫師 7leaf | 萬事萬物皆有靈
    7leaf 的小怪獸們 III  7leaf,坐標杭州的插畫師、創意設計師。  最早期的皮克斯、迪士尼等動畫電影中超乎想像的人物設計,讓 7leaf 發現了造型設計的更多可能性。  第一次看《怪物大學》的時候,7leaf 就被其中行色各異的小怪物所吸引。  也是那個時候,她產生了「賦予萬事萬物靈魂,構建不一樣形態世界」的念頭。