點擊標題下方藍字關注貓寧英語
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語。
I'm Feifei and… excuse me please…
我是菲菲……打擾一下……
Rob, can we have your attention please!
羅布,你能注意一下這裡嗎?
Err, oh alright then… hello, I'm Rob.
呃,噢好吧……大家好,我是羅布。
Rob, could you take your feet off the table please!
羅布,你能把你的腳從桌子上拿開嗎!
Oh, alright then.
噢好吧。
Feifei, do I have to present this programme today?
菲菲,我今天必須得主持這期節目嗎?
Why, what's wrong?
為什麼這麼問,怎麼了?
Well, I've done so much work already and according to my watch, I should be having a coffee break now.
嗯,我已經做了這麼多工作了,看手錶上的時間,我現在應該休息一下,去喝個咖啡的。
Really!
真的嗎!
Rob's being lazy because he was out late last night.
羅布在犯懶了,因為他昨晚回來晚了。
Rob, there is a phrase to describe your condition.
羅布,這裡有一個表達方式來描述你的情況。
Oh yes.
噢是嗎。
Overworked?
勞累過度的?
Energetic?
精力充沛的?
No – the opposite.
不,恰恰相反。
It's bone idle –
是「懶到骨頭裡」,
literally, you are idle right through to your bones.
從字面意思上來看,就是你的骨頭都又懶又閒的。
In other words, you are very lazy!
換句話說,就是你懶極了!
It's a great phrase Feifei but that doesn't describe me.
這是個很棒的表達方式菲菲,但是這可不是來描述我的。
Look I've just moved my little finger.
看我剛剛動了動我的小手指。
Ha ha, I think we had better hear some more examples while you move the rest of your body.
哈哈,我覺得我們最好在你動你身體其他部位時,再聽幾個例子。
The doctor has told my brother to do more exercise, but he won't do it, he's bone idle.
醫生對我弟弟說多做運動,但他不會這麼做的,他懶到骨頭裡了。
You're bone idle – you've been at home all day and you're still in your pyjamas!
你懶到骨頭裡了,你一整天都在家,現在還穿著睡衣呢!
My boyfriend's bone idle – he won't even get off the sofa to answer the phone.
我男朋友懶到骨頭裡了,他甚至不願意離開沙發去接電話。
So the phrase 'bone idle' means very lazy – like Rob!
所以「懶到骨頭裡」這個表達方式意思是非常懶,就像羅布一樣!
Hey Rob, I hear it's Dan's birthday today and he's brought a cake in for us all to share.
嗨,羅布,我聽說今天是丹的生日,他帶了一個蛋糕給我們來分享。
Cake! I love cake – great, come on let's get some before it all eaten.
蛋糕!我愛蛋糕,太棒了,快點,讓我們在它全部被吃完之前來一些吧。
Ah, you're moving now – but you're not going anywhere until you've finished this programme.
啊,你現在動了,但是在這期節目結束之前,你哪裡也不能去。
Come on then, tell me what to say.
那就快點吧,告訴我要說啥。
Just read this script.
讀稿子就行了。
Right...OK let me see.
對……好的,讓我看看。
Hold on, the script says you're about to say 'it's not Dan's birthday, it's a joke.'
等一下,稿子裡說你要說「這不是丹的生日,開個玩笑。」
Sorry Rob, it is a joke – but it did stop you from being bone idle!
抱歉羅布,這是個玩笑,但這確實讓你不再繼續懶到骨頭裡了。
Right, that's it.
對,是這樣的。
I'm not going to do anymore work for the rest of the day.
今天我不會再做任何工作了。
No change there.
那可是沒有什麼改變啊。
Rob, I've got a new name for you.
羅布,我給你取了個新名字。
Oh, yes, what's that?
噢是嗎,是啥?
Lazy bones.
懶骨頭。
You're cruel.
你好殘忍。
Bye.
再見。
Bye-bye.
再見。
英文、圖片來源:BBC Learning English