Hello, everyone and welcome back to "English With Lucy."
大家好,歡迎回到跟著 Lucy 學英語。
Today, I have brought you to my favourite window and outside of this window is my favourite tree.
今天我帶你們來到我最喜歡的窗戶邊,這個窗戶外面是我最喜歡的樹。
It's a willow tree.
那是一棵柳樹。
Many of you might not know this about me.
你們很多人可能不了解我的這一面。
Some of you might know this, but I live on a farm in England and I thought it would be nice for you to see some of the surroundings in the farm whilst we do this lesson.
你們中有些人可能知道,但是我住在英格蘭的一個農場,我認為能夠在上課的時候看看農場裡的一些環境是很好的。
Let me know if you like it or if you find it distracting.
請告訴我你是否喜歡它,或者你是否發現它讓你分心。
Now in this lesson, I'm going to talk to you about motivation, but importantly, about the perfect study routine.
在本節課中,我要和你談談動力,但更重要的是,關於完美的學習習慣。
I know that lots of you feel that you lack motivation, and one thing that can really, really help is implementing a good study routine.
我知道很多人覺得自己缺乏動力,而真正能夠幫助你的一件事是實施良好的學習慣例。
But that can feel quite daunting.
但是這可能會讓人感覺望而生畏。
Daunting means intimidating or something that seems very difficult or scary.
令人生畏的意思是令人毛骨悚然,或者看上很困難或嚇人的東西。
In this video, I am going to help you out.
在這個視頻中,我將幫助你們脫離困境。
I'm going to show you how you can incorporate and include every English language skill into different parts of your day.
我將向你們展示如何將英語技能融合到你一天中的不同階段。
We will start with the morning, move on to the daytime, then to the afternoon, and then to the evening.
我們從早晨開始,然後到白天,然後移到下午再到晚上。
Ah, quickly, I have some housekeeping.
啊,快點,我還要做家務呢。
If you want to receive news lessons from me, then sign up to my email list where I'll be keeping you all updated.
如果你想從我這裡接收新聞和課程,那麼請註冊到我的電子郵件列表中,我會給所有人更新內容。
The link is in the description box.
連結就在描述欄裡。
So shall we get started?
那麼我們能開始了嗎?
So let's start with the morning.
我們先從早上開始說吧。
Now, are you a morning person?
你是個早起的人嗎?
That's the first question.
這是第一個問題。
A morning person is someone who is great in the mornings.
一個早起的人指的是早上狀態很好的人。
You can also call them an early bird.
你也可以把他們叫做早鳥。
The opposite of this would be a night owl, somebody who thrives in the nighttime.
與之相反的是夜貓子,在晚上精神奕奕的人。
Tell me if you're an early bird or a night owl.
告訴我你是早鳥還是夜貓子。
My problem is that in the mornings, my eyes are blurry and I can't read anything, I can't watch anything on the TV.
我的問題是早上我的眼睛很模糊,我看不進去任何東西,我看不到電視上的任何內容。
So I think that the best skill to practise in the morning is your listening skills.
我認為早上最適合練習的是你的聽力技巧。
And this is a good thing to do because for many students, the listening skills are their least favourite skills to learn.
這是一件好事,因為對於許多學生來說,聽力技巧他們最不喜歡學習的技能。
It's the skill that they struggle the most with.
這是最讓他們痛苦的技能。
I know this because I learned Spanish and Italian and I was always petrified, really, really scared of the listening exams.
我知道這一點是因為我學過西班牙語和義大利語,所以真的很害怕聽力考試。
Can anyone else relate to this?
有人能懂這個嗎?
Reading up here, speaking, maybe here, writing up here, listening down here.
閱讀在這,口語可能在這,寫作在這裡,聽在這下面。
It's hard skill, it really, really is.
這確實是一項困難的技能。
So don't beat yourself up about it.
所以不要為此而煩惱。
Don't give yourself a hard time.
不要讓自己太辛苦。
Instead, make your listening skills the thing that you practise every single morning.
相反地,利用每天早上練習聽力技巧。
I love it when my students ask for listening practise recommendations because I have so many recommendations and I'm going to put them in the description box, but I'll talk about some of them here.
我喜歡學生詢問聽力練習的推薦,因為我有很多要推薦的內容,我會把它們都寫在描述欄裡,但是我要在這裡說一些。
A great one is to find a daily podcast, a nice, short podcast, something that you enjoy listening to in English and make a habit of listening to it, first thing every morning.
一個很棒的方法就是找到一個每日播客,一個不錯的簡短的播客,你喜歡用英語聽的東西,養成聽它的習慣,作為每天早上的第一件事。
Maybe you're in bed, maybe you've just got up and you're having a coffee.
也許你還在床上,也許你剛起床正在喝咖啡。
One that's really relevant at the moment, the BBC have a global coronavirus update every morning, and it's only around six minutes long and it covers the world.
一個目前非常相關的內容就是 BBC 每天早上都會更新全球新冠疫情,而這大概只有六分鐘長,而它覆蓋了整個世界。
So you could know what's going on with the coronavirus around the world.
所以你可以知道世界各地的新冠疫情怎樣了。
That's a good recommendation if you want to know relevant vocabulary.
如果你想了解相關詞彙,這是一個很好的推薦。
Another is BBC News, I especially like Radio 4, another really great one is Luke's English Podcast.
另一個是 BBC 新聞,我特別喜歡電臺4頻道,另一個很棒的是盧克的英語播客。
This is one I often recommend to my students.
這是我經常向我的學生推薦的一個。
I will leave his website down there as well.
我將在下面留下他的網站。
He started that podcast in 2009 and he has made so many fantastic episodes.
他從2009年開始那個播客節目,而且他做了那麼多精彩的節目。
One thing I will recommend if you're listening to a shorter episode, try to listen to it twice.
如果你聽的節目比較短,我建議你聽兩次。
I know it can be boring, but it's so helpful if you can do that.
我知道這可能很無聊,但如果你能做到,會很有幫助的。
And if you can find one with a transcript, listen to it with no transcript first and then read along with it the second time.
如果你能夠找到一個有文稿的,先不看文稿聽一遍,然後帶著文稿聽一遍。
This is more appropriate for the shorter podcasts.
這更適合較短的播客。
Right, so I recommend listening skills for the morning.
對,所以我建議早上練習聽力技巧。
Obviously, you can mix these around.
顯然,你可以將這些方法混合使用。
These are just really good ideas for incorporating English practise into your daily life.
這些都是非常好的將英語練習融入你的日常生活的好點子。
This is what I would ideally do if I were learning a language, but let's move on to speaking skills.
如果我正在學習一種語言,這就是我的理想選擇,不過我們繼續講口語技巧吧。
You can do this at anytime of the day.
你可以在在一天中的任何時間做這件事。
I prefer to do it in the daytime.
我更喜歡在白天進行。
Now this little segment of the video is sponsored by Lingoda and their Language Sprint.
視頻的這一小部分由 Lingoda 和他們的語言衝刺活動贊助。
Now in a perfect daily study routine, you would be able to take a class with a qualified teacher every single day.
在一個完美的日常學習慣例中,你可以每一天都跟著合格的老師上課。
There is actually a way that you can do this and gain 100% of your money back.
實際上,你可以做到這一點並獲得100%的返現。
With Lingoda's Language Sprint, you can learn to speak a language confidently in just three months, gain 100% cash back and gain free access to the Cambridge Online Speaking Test.
利用 Lingoda 的語言衝刺活動,你可以在三個月內學會自信地說一種語言,並且能夠獲得100%的現金返還,還能夠免費參加劍橋在線口語考試。
You just need to take one of their 24/7 classes every day for three months, and get your course fees completely refunded.
你只需要連續三個月每天參加一節他們全天候提供的課程,就可以獲得課程費用的全額退款。
Click on the link in the description box to check the dates for this Sprint, but be quick because if the spaces are filled or you miss the deadline, you will miss out.
請點擊描述欄中的連結來查看本次衝刺活動的日期,但是要快點,因為如果席位都滿了或者你錯過了最後期限,那麼你就無法參加。
The Super Sprint offers 100% refund, and there is so the Lighter Regular Sprint option which offers a 50% refund.
超級衝刺活動能夠100%退款,還有較輕的常規衝刺選項,可提供50%的退款。
You can join the Sprint in English, German, French, Spanish, and business English, from beginner to advanced levels.
你可以參加英語、德語、法語、西班牙語,和商務英語的衝刺活動,級別從初級到高級。
I'm really happy to share this opportunity with you because I've had first hand experience of how effective the Lingoda Language challenges can be.
我很高興能把這個機會分享給你,因為我親身體驗過Lingoda 語言挑戰有多有效。
They've transformed many of my students' lives.
他們改變了我許多學生的生活。
They love Lingoda because they can interact with amazing qualified teachers, any day, anytime, anywhere.
他們愛 Lingoda,因為他們可以隨時隨地與有資質的老師互動。
Group sizes are really small and over 30,000 students have participated in previous language challenges with many of them becoming able to get new jobs and overcome their fear of speaking.
小組規模很小,而且超過3萬名學生參加了以前的語言挑戰,其中許多人找到了新工作並克服了他們對口語的恐懼。
So how can you participate?
那麼你如何參加呢?
Sign up before the deadline and pay your deposit to secure your spot.
在截止日期之前註冊並支付押金來確保您的位置。
You can use my code, SCHOOL 107 for 10 euros off.
你可以使用我的優惠碼 SCHOOL 107 獲得10歐元的減免。
Lingoda will refund your course fees in full, together with that deposit if you attend an agreed amount of classes within each Sprint month by following the contest rules.
如果你遵守規則,在每個衝刺月份參加了規定數量的課程,Lingoda 將連同押金一起退還你的課程費用。
Lingoda doesn't know this, but I secretly joined one of their Language Sprint Facebook groups, and it was amazing when all the refunds came through, everyone was so excited.
Lingoda 還不知道,但我偷偷加入了他們的語言衝刺的一個Facebook 小組,當退款都到帳時,每個人都非常激動。
People do genuinely receive this refund.
大家真的可以收到退款。
Remember, places in the Sprint are limited.
請記住,衝刺的席位有限。
This is a language school, spaces fill up.
這是語言學校,學位有限。
So you have the link in the description box. You have my code, SCHOOL 107 for 10 euros off.
所以你有描述欄中的連結,你有我的優惠碼 SCHOOL 107 獲得10歐元的減免。
What are you waiting for?
你還在等什麼?
So we've covered speaking with a partner there.
所以我們已經講了和夥伴對話。
What about practising speaking alone?
那麼獨自練習口語呢?
Because that's something I know a lot of people have been asking about throughout the pandemic, especially.
因為那是我知道很多人都在問的問題,尤其是疫情期間。
Well, there are so many options and resources available for you, many of them free.
嗯,有很多可供你選擇的選項和資源,很多都是免費的。
Something that I loved doing when I was learning Spanish and Italian, Spanish in particular, was mimicking people.
我在學習西班牙語和義大利語時喜歡做的事情,尤其是學西班牙語的時候,就是模仿人們。
And they have no idea that I did this, but I found someone with an accent that I liked and I would pause it and repeat it and pause them and repeat it.
他們不知道我在這樣做,但是我找到了一個有我喜歡的口音的人,然後我會我會暫停,然後重複一遍,再暫停,再重複。
I have actually uploaded quite a few videos with space for you to repeat the word after me or the phrase after me, I think I've done common idioms, common objectives, common nouns as well recently.
我實際上已經上傳了很多留有給你們重複我說的單詞或短語的空間的視頻,我想我做過了常見習語,常見形容詞,最近還做了常見名詞。
I'll link those down below, but definitely, take advantage of the space I leave afterwards to repeat after me 'cause it does work.
我會把連結放到下面,但一定要利用我留下的空間重複我的話,因為它確實有用。
Another thing that I really love to do is to narrate what I'm doing.
另一件我很喜歡做的事就是敘述自己在做什麼。
I act as if I'm in a movie and that somebody is narrating my life, but there is one very specific situation where I do actually explain out loud what I am doing as I'm doing it in another language.
我會假裝自己在電影中,然後有人在敘述我的生活,但是有一個非常特殊的場景,我在用另一種語言大聲解釋我在做的事情。
So for you, this is probably English, for me, it's normally Spanish.
可能對你來說是英語,對我來說,通常是西班牙語。
I like to create my own personal cooking shows.
我喜歡製作我自己的烹飪節目。
I live on a farm, I'm marrying a farmer.
我住在農場上,我要嫁給一個農民。
I spend a lot of time alone.
我很多時間都在獨處。
So when I cook, I try to make it a little more exciting for myself.
所以當我做飯的時候,我會嘗試做一些讓我我自己很興奮的事情。
And I explain to an invisible audience and invisible TV camera what I'm doing.
我會向看不見的觀眾和看不見的攝像機解釋我在做什麼。
And it is so good for practising your speaking.
它非常適合練習你的口語。
Honestly, try it.
說真的,試一下。
And if you dare, film yourself and watch it later, hilarious.
如果你敢的話,把自己拍下來然後再看,很好笑。
Those videos will go with me to the grave.
那些視頻會跟著我進棺材。
That means that I will die with these videos.
這意味著我死的時候會帶著這些視頻。
No one else will see them.
沒有其他人會看到它們。
Right, so we move on to the afternoon.
好的,我們繼續說下午。
So in the afternoon, I recommend that you practise your writing and your reading skills.
所以在下午我建議你練習寫作和閱讀技巧。
I just feel that this is the perfect relaxing time of day.
我只是覺得這是一天中完美的放鬆時光。
If you are a student, you can take a break from studying.
如果你是一個學生,你可以從在學習之餘休息一下。
If you have a job and you work throughout the day, and I'm talking about taking a short break or doing this when you get home from work.
如果你是個上班族並且整天工作,那我的意思是就是短暫休息一下或者在下班回家的時候這樣做。
Now reading's quite an obvious one.
閱讀現在很普及。
I can recommend any sort of media like books, fiction, nonfiction, newspapers.
我可以推薦任何一種媒介,像是書本,虛構小說,紀實小說,報紙。
One thing that I've discovered recently that I absolutely love is the "Happy Newspaper."
我最近發現的我的最愛是「快樂報」。
I was getting really, really down and depressed about all of the negative news in the world.
我當時真的很沮喪,對於世界上的各種負面新聞感到沮喪。
And whilst I still think it's important to read that news, I needed something that I could have for a bit of me time, a bit of positivity.
當我依然認為閱讀新聞很重要時,我需要一些我可以找回自己的時間,一些積極的東西。
And there is a newspaper called the "Happy Newspaper."
這時出現了一個叫做「快樂報」的報紙。
I've checked and it's available internationally.
我已經檢查過了,全世界都可以獲取它。
It's a small newspaper that shares only happy, good stories.
這是一家只分享快樂故事的小報紙。
And so that could be a really nice option for you if every afternoon you just sit down and choose a number of good, happy stories that you are going to read.
如果每天下午坐下來選一些你要讀的快樂故事,這對你來說可能是一個非常不錯的選擇。
It could be five, it could be seven, they're quite addictive or you could time yourself and say, right, I'm gonna do 10 minutes of happy reading.
可能是五個故事,可能是七個故事,很容易上癮,或者你可以計時,就說,好的,我要進行10分鐘的快樂閱讀。
I will link that particular newspaper down below.
我會將把報紙的連結放在下面。
I am a subscriber, let me know if you go for it because I'd love to share opinions on the stories.
我訂閱了報紙,如果你想要訂閱,請告訴我,因為我喜歡分享我對上面故事的看法。
I absolutely love it.
我真的很喜歡它。
What a great idea.
這是一個很棒的主意。
Now obviously, there are books as well.
顯然我也看書。
I feel like I should make a separate video on books that are appropriate for each level of English, but there is one in particular that I will mention.
我想我應該做一個單獨的視頻介紹適合每個英語水平閱讀的書本,但是有一個視頻我要特別提到。
And it's actually a series, it's Olly Richards'.
這實際上是一個系列,那就是 Olly Richards'。
He runs the website, IWillTeachYouaLanguage, and he has a series of books called "Short Stories" in so many languages.
他經營著一個網站,叫做 IWillTeachYouaLanguage,他有一個系列叫做「短篇故事」,有多種語言。
There is one in English.
有一個是英語的。
I've just ordered the Swedish one as well because I'm feeling particularly drawn to that language at the moment.
我剛剛還下單了一個瑞典語的,因為我現在對這個語言很感興趣。
So they're stories for beginners, but you can read at a nice pace, pick up new vocabulary.
這些是適合初學者的故事,但是你可以輕鬆閱讀,掌握新詞彙。
They're really, really fantastic.
它們真的很棒。
Again, link down below.
同樣連結也在下面。
I just think it's so lovely that there are short stories available for any beginner in a language.
我只是認為有短篇小說可供某種語言的初學者選擇是很好的。
Now let's move on to writing.
現在我們繼續說寫作。
So in the afternoon or potentially the evening, I feel like some people might prefer the evening.
所以在下午或可能是晚上,我覺得有些人可能更喜歡晚上。
It depends on how chaotic your household is.
這取決於你的家裡有多嘈雜。
If you have a more peaceful time in the afternoon, then the afternoon is best.
如果你下午有更安靜的時間,那麼下午最好。
One thing I really recommend is looking into bullet journaling.
我真正建議的一件事是寫子彈日記。
This is something that has been talked about extensively on YouTube.
這是在 YouTube 上廣泛討論的東西。
There was a real trend a couple of years ago with people showing their bullet journals, but don't discount how effective this can be for language learning.
這個趨勢幾年前很流行,人們展示他們的子彈日記但是不要小看它對於語言學習的效果。
You can use bullet journals to track your exercise, your sleep, your food, but I would use it to track your vocabulary and your language skills that you've picked up and how you've been feeling when speaking in the other language and documenting what you've practised.
你可以利用子彈式日記來追蹤的鍛鍊、睡眠、飲食,但我會用它來追蹤你的詞彙和語言能力,以及在用其它語言講話時的感受並記錄你的練習。
Another thing I will recommend is real pen pals, okay?
我會推薦的另一件事就是真正的筆友,好嗎?
So a pen pal is somebody who you write to.
所以筆友是你寫信的對象。
And now there are lots of language exchange websites which are fantastic, I also recommend that you do that.
現在有很多很棒的語言交換網站,我也建議你這樣做。
But one thing that must not be forgotten is the power of a written letter and how it can make you feel and how it can motivate you.
但有一點一定不能忘記,那就是書面信件的力量以及它給你的感覺,以及它如何激勵你。
Receiving a letter that somebody has written to you by hand and having to write a written response, it almost provides an obligation to you.
收到某人給你的手寫信件,並且要寫書面的回信,這幾乎讓你有了寫作的義務。
You feel that you must understand it completely and you must respond adequately.
你覺得你必須完全理解信件,並且你必須充分地回復。
Sometimes in English, when we want to refer to postal mail, not email or anything online, we call it snail mail 'cause it takes such a long time to travel like a snail.
有時候我們會想用英語寫信件,而不是電子郵件或任何其它在線內容,我們稱它為「蝸牛郵件」,因為它像蝸牛一樣要花很長時間。
And there's a website called globalpenfriends. com, and you can use that website to find a physical snail mail pen pal.
有一個名為 globalpenfriends.com 的網站,你可以使用這個網站找一個真實的蝸牛郵件筆友。
See if you can find an English speaking pen pal or maybe another pen pal that is also learning English and start a pen friendship with them.
看看你是否可以找到說英語的筆友,或者另一個在學習英語的筆友,並與他們建立筆友關係。
You can send gifts, postcards, talk about where you're from, what you like to do.
你可以寄禮物、明信片,談論你來自哪裡,你喜歡做什麼。
It's a really fantastic way of practising your writing.
這是練習寫作的絕佳方式。
And if the other person agrees to it, you can ask them to send back your letter with corrections, but only if they are up for it.
如果對方同意,你可以要求他們對你的信進行更正,但前提是他們願意這樣做。
If they are writing to you in your language that they are learning, you can also return the corrections.
如果他們用你的語言寫信給你,他們正在學習你的語言,你也可以給他們回復改正的內容。
Right back to the evening.
現在說回晚上。
I really, really recommend going back to listening skills.
我真的建議回到聽力技巧。
You want to rest your eyes and just have something that will help you drift to sleep.
你得休息一下眼睛,並且聽一些可以幫助你快速睡眠的東西。
And I found a fantastic app for this.
而我發現了一個非常適合這樣做的很棒的 APP。
It's called Calm.
它叫做 Calm。
A friend actually recommended this app to me because I was having some trouble with some stress and I was struggling to go to sleep.
事實上是我的朋友給我推薦的這個 APP,因為我當時有些壓力,晚上睡不著。
I was struggling to let go of my phone as well.
我也很難放下我的手機。
So now I can use this app, put my phone away and just listen.
所以現在我可以使用這個 APP,把我的手機放到一邊專心聽。
This app Calm has guided meditations and relaxing music, but most importantly, it has bedtime stories in English.
Calm 這個程序有引導冥想和輕鬆的音樂,但最重要的是它有英語睡前故事。
And sometimes these stories are read by celebrities with very appealing voices.
有時這些故事是用名人那吸引人的聲音讀出來的。
And as soon as I heard these stories, I just thought of my students, what a lovely way to go to sleep with English in your brain, but in a relaxing way, one final bit of language practise before you hit the pillow.
一聽到這些故事,我就想到了我的學生們,真是一個讓自己大腦充滿英語的可愛的睡眠方式,,但以輕鬆的方式在你睡覺前的最後一點語言練習。
There are also many other apps that have bedtime stories as well.
還有很多其他有睡前故事的 APP。
I'm sure you can search for those, but I found calm very good.
我相信你可以找到那些,但我覺得 Calm 非常好。
Right, that's it for today's video.
好的,這就是今天的視頻。
I hope you enjoyed it.
我希望你喜歡它。
I hope you enjoyed seeing my favourite tree, but do let me know if you found it distracting or if you didn't like it.
我希望你喜歡看我最喜歡的樹,但如果你覺得它分散你的注意力或者你不喜歡它,請告訴我。
I won't do every video like this, but I enjoy showing you a little bit more about where I am and what I do.
我不會像這樣錄每一個視頻,但是我喜歡向你們展示更多有關我所在地方和我做的事情的信息。
If you are interested in what I do in my daily life, then you can follow my vlogging channel.
如果你對我的日常生活感興趣,那麼你可以關注我的視頻播客頻道。
It's called "Lucy Bella."
它叫做 Lucy Bella。
I've put the link down there as well, and I show my life on a farm in the English countryside.
我也把連結放在了下面,我展示了在一個英國鄉村農場裡的生活。
Don't forget to check out Lingoda to as well.
還有別忘了查看 Lingoda。
Click on the link in the description box to check the dates for the latest Sprint and to sign up and use my code, SCHOOL 107 for 10 euros off.
點擊描述框欄的連結查看最新衝刺的日期並註冊,並使用我的優惠碼 SCHOOL 107 獲得 10 歐元的減免。
Don't forget to connect with me on all of my social media.
別忘了在我所有的社交媒體上聯繫我。
I've got my Facebook, my Instagram and my email lists.
我有臉書、INS 和電子郵件列表。
So you can receive emails from me.
這樣你就可以收到我的電子郵件了。
I will see you soon for another lesson.
我們下節課再見。