來源:《致命女人》第一季第一集
筆記
1、call the cops 叫警察,報警
與call the police同義,不過cop是美國人常用的
cop [kɑːp] n.警察
I'm gonna call the cops unless you leave.
如果你不離開我要叫警察了。
I warn you. I'll call the cops if you don't go.
警告你,再不走,我報警了。
2、I don’t care 我不在乎,我不關心
Her attitude was "I don't care what life deals me.
她的人生態度就是「我不在乎生活怎樣對待我。
I don't care whose kids you are.
我可不管你們是誰的孩子。
3、damn it 該死!可惡!
Damn it! The noise is driving me bananas!
該死!這噪音令我發瘋!
Damn it! it's raining again.
他媽的!又下雨了!
4、final offer 最終條件;最終報價
Is that your final offer?
這是貴方的最後報價嗎?
Is this your final offer or is the offer negotiable?
這是你方的最終報價還是有商議的餘地?
5、pick up 收拾,整理
She decided to start picking up the house from the top down.
她決定開始徹底收拾那房子。
6、come on in 來吧;進來吧
與come in相比更加熱情
Good to see you .Come on in .
見到你太好了。快請進。
Come on in, please.
請進!
7、Oh my gosh(我的)天哪
oh my God 的另一種變種說法,還可用oh my goodness!
oh, my gosh!I won first place.
天啊! 我贏得第一名了。
提示:公眾號中發送「筆記」二字,即可獲得全部筆記
您的肯定與支持是我堅持的動力