interactive[ˌɪntərˈæktɪv] 合作的;相互影響的;互相配合的;交互式的
The course will be held in an open and interactive style.
課程將在開放和交互的氛圍中進行。
theater[ˈθiːətər] 劇場;戲劇;戰場
Theater owners lease films from film distributors.
劇院老闆從電影發行商處租電影放映。
zombie[ˈzɑːmbi] 無生氣的人;麻木遲鈍的人;殭屍
He's been standing there like a zombie all day.
他像個殭屍一樣站在那裡一整天了。
catastrophic[ˌkætəˈstrɑːfɪk] 災難性的;引起災害的;糟糕的;不成功的
The minister warned that if war broke out,it would be catastrophicfor the whole world.
這位部長警告說,萬一爆發戰爭,那對全世界都將是場災難。
clue[kluː] (幫助警方破案的)線索,跡象;(問題答案的)線索,提示
How a man shaves may be a telling clue to his age.
男人刮鬍子的方式也許能洩露其年齡。
cipher[ˈsaɪfər] 密碼;暗號;無足輕重的人;無關緊要的東西
He was little more than a cipher who faithfullycarried out the Fuehrer's commands.
他只不過是個走狗,忠實執行元首的命令。
decode[ˌdiːˈkoʊd] 解(碼);破譯(尤指密碼);譯解(電子信號);譯解
All he had to do was decode it and pass it over
他需要做的就是將它破譯然後轉給他人。
coordinate [koʊˈɔːrdɪneɪt , koʊˈɔːrdɪnət] 坐標;(顏色協調的)配套服裝,套裝
Can you give me your coordinates?
能給我你的坐標嗎?
refund [ˈriːfʌnd , rɪˈfʌnd] 退款;返還款;償還金額
We claimed a refund from the association, but they would notpay up.
我們要求該協會退款,但是他們不肯付錢。
hangon堅持下去;不掛斷;握住不放
She was conscious of a second man hanging on to the rail.
她覺察到另一名男子正緊緊抓住欄杆不放。
helicopter[ˈhelɪkɑːptər] [航] 直升飛機
They were succoured from the fire by therescue helicopter.
他們被援救的直升機從大火中解救了出來。
advanceddegree高級學位
Some people say workers in midcareer or laterwon't have time to recoup the cost of an advanced degree.
有人會說,處於職業生涯中期或晚期的人將不會有時間來收回獲得高級學位的成本。
Have you ever been to an escape room?Mm-mm, what's that?
你們玩過密室逃脫遊戲嗎?那是什麼?
Um...it's kind of like interactive theater,except you have to solve puzzles in a certain amount of time to get out.There's one downtown where they trap you in a room with a zombie.
有點像互動式劇場,不過為了逃出密室你必須在規定時間內解出謎題。市中心有一間,把人和一個殭屍關在一起。
Oh. So, kind of like what's happening with Penny right now.
有點像現在佩妮的處境嘛。
You're about to enter the lab of the lateDr. David Saltzberg. While conducting studies on slowing the aging process,there was a catastrophic accident and he died. Or did he?
你們即將進入已故大衛·薩爾茲伯格博士的實驗室。在進行延緩衰老過程的研究時出現了災難性事故,他不幸身亡。真死了嗎?
Ladies? Are you being polite or scared?Yup. Ah, what a room! This is cool.
女士優先?你是出於禮貌還是膽小?是的。這房間厲害啦!真酷。
So, how do we start?
我們該怎麼開始?
We have to look for the clues hidden aroundthe room.
我們要找出藏在這房間的線索。
Uh, wasn't there supposed to be a zombie?Okay, let's hope one of the clues is written on a pair of clean underwear.
這裡不是應該有個殭屍嗎?好吧,希望其中一條線索是寫在一條乾淨的褲衩上。
Brains! Keep it down! We're working here.
我要吃大腦!小聲點!我們這兒在工作呢。
Okay, we've got the cipher decoded! How'sit going with the globe?
我們破解了這個密碼!地球儀搞定了嗎?
We used the coordinates to locate thecities.
我們用坐標確定了城市。
I'm putting the city names in the grid now.I'm sure that'll give us the code to the safe.
我正在把城市名填入表格。馬上就能得出安全屋的口令了。
Solve puzzle too fast! Slow down! Yup! Gotthe code.
謎題解答太迅猛!慢一點!好了!拿到口令了。
Just saying...no refund for finish early!
我就說一聲...你們玩得快也不退門票哦!
Which book are we looking for? Origin of Species. Here it is. There's a black light. Oh, hang on.
我們要找哪本書?《物種起源》。找到了。裡面有個黑光燈。等一下。好了。
Oh, okay. Uh, "Brothers and sisters I have none, but this man's father is my father's son. Who am I looking at?"Yeah, yeah, we get it, you want brains. Calm down.
"我沒有兄弟姐妹,但這個人的父親是我父親的兒子。請問這個人是誰?"好了,我們知道你想吃大腦。別鬧。
Well, if I don't have a brother, myfather's son is me. And if I'm this man's father, then he's my son. The answer's"son."
如果我沒有兄弟,那我父親的兒子就是我自己了。如果我是這個人的父親,那他就是我兒子。答案是兒子。
Ooh! There's a picture of the sun overthere.
那裡有一張太陽的照片。
I bet the key's behind it. Could besome where else! Oh, got the key!
鑰匙一定在後面。也可能不在後面哦!找到鑰匙了!
So, that's the key to the door? That's it?
所以這就是開門的鑰匙了嗎?就這樣完了嗎?
We spent $200 on six minutes of fun?
我們花了200大洋,就玩了6分鐘而已?
t's like when you bought thatremote-controlled helicopter, and it just...flew away.
感覺就像是你買的那臺遙控直升機,結果就...飛走了。
Sorry, guys. Really thought the puzzleswould be better.
對不起了,各位。我本以為謎題會更難一點呢。
Well, to be fair, we do all have advanceddegrees.
說句公道話,我們都是有高等學歷的人。
Remember that before you post on Yelp!"
網上點評的時候別忘了說這句哦!"