當事情出錯時,我們有時會自責或表示歉意;有時不認為是自己的錯,也會責怪別人。
英語裡,人們是怎麼道歉和責怪別人呢?
01<br>
1. 表示歉意:
1)道歉最簡單的表達當然是說sorry:
Sorry I'm late!
對不起,來遲了!
Sorry, I can't play tennis with you tomorrow.
對不起,明天不能和你去打網球。
I am sorry!I stamped on your foot.
對不起!我踩到你的腳了。
I'm sorry I can't assist you.
對不起,我幫不了你。
想要更有誠意,就在sorry前用very, so, terribly和extremely等:
I'm so sorry, I do apologize.
很抱歉,我真的很抱歉。
I'm very sorry to keep you waiting.
很抱歉讓你久等了。
I'm terribly sorry. I didn't catch your name.
我非常抱歉。我沒聽清你的名字。
I'm extremely sorry to have troubled you.
很抱歉打擾了你。
I'm so sorry I forgot your birthday. I feel terrible about it.
很抱歉我忘了你的生日。真是太糟了。
2)更鄭重其事時,我們會用apologize:
I want to apologize for my rudeness the other day.
我想為前幾天的無禮道歉。
We apologize for the late arrival of the train.
我們很抱歉火車晚點了。
可以用名詞apology:
I feel I owe you an apology.
我覺得我還欠你一個道歉。
I give my apology sincerely to you all.
我真誠地向你們道歉。
02
2. 誰的過錯
如果出了什麼問題,你可能想說誰該負責。主要也有兩種方法:
1)用名詞fault:
I'm really sorry - it's all my fault.
我真的很抱歉-都是我的錯。
Who broke the cup?
It's my fault, I dropped it.
誰打破了杯子?
是我的錯,我把它掉地上了。
Please don't be angry with me. It wasn't my fault.
請不要生我的氣。這不是我的錯。
It's his own stupid fault his car was stolen.
他的車被偷是他自己的愚蠢過錯。
2)用blame(做動詞或名詞):
She is to blame.
都怪她。
If anyone's to blame, it's me.
如果要怪誰,那是我。
Don't blame me - it's not my fault.
別怪我-這不是我的錯。
We shouldn't blame ourselves for what happened.
我們不應該為發生的事自責。
Do not blame it on him, for he has done his best.
別怪他,他已經盡力了。
Don't put the blame on me.
別怪我。
3)表示「別怪我」的其他表達:
Dot look at me!
別看著我!
It was nothing to do with me.
這與我無關。
圖片選自網絡,版權為原作者所有!