作者:小雅和英美友人
腳蹬船-小雅女兒和美國朋友語音示範
02:01來自你和寶寶說英語
◆ 公園裡的湖的岸叫bank還是shore?◆ 寶寶不肯穿救生衣,怎麼說英文說服他?◆ 蹬船的動作為什麼是pump your legs?
Child: Mom, can we go on the lake in one of those boats?
寶寶:媽媽,咱們能在湖上划船嗎?
Mom: Let's go look at them.
媽媽:咱們去看看。
Looks like they have motorboats, rowboats and pedal boats for rent.
他們有汽艇、手划船還有腳踏船可以租。
Child: Which one can we rent?
寶寶:咱們租哪種呢?
Mom: Any of them would work.
媽媽:哪種都行。
The motorboat is powered by a gas motor.
汽艇靠汽油發動機提供動力。
The rowboat is powered by a person rowing.
手划船靠一個人劃。
The one I like the best is the pedal boat.
我最喜歡腳踏船。
To power it, two people pump their legs like they're riding a bicycle.
兩個人上下蹬,就能走了,就像騎自行車一樣。
Pump指上下動,所以腿蹬踏板的動作叫pump one's legs。
We all take turns pedalling and steering.
咱們輪流蹬和控制方向。
Child: That sounds fun.
寶寶:聽起來很好玩。
I want to go!
我想坐這個!
Mom: Everyone will have to pedal at some point.
媽媽:每個人都要蹬一會兒啊。
Are you up for some exercise?
準備好做運動了嗎?
Child: Yes!
寶寶:嗯!
Mom: There will be no playing around in the boats.
媽媽:在船上不許瞎鬧。
Can you promise to behave?
你能保證不鬧嗎?
Child: I promise.
寶寶:能。
Mom: Let's go then.
媽媽:那走吧。
Everyone put on your life jacket.
大家都穿上救生衣。
Child: I don't want to.
寶寶:我不想穿。
Mom: You have to.
媽媽:你必須穿。
The lake is deep,
湖水很深的,
不是the lake water is deep。
and if you fall out of the boat,
如果你從船上掉下去,
I want you to be safe until we pull you back in.
這樣你在被撈回來之前才是安全的。
Hold onto my hand while you get to your seat.
拉住我的手,然後坐到座位上。
Child: Can I pedal first?
寶寶:我先蹬行嗎?
Mom: Sure.
媽媽:當然。
I'll join you.
我和你一塊蹬。
Your dad can relax first.
你爸爸可以先休息。
Child: How do you steer this thing?
寶寶:這個怎麼控制方向啊?
Mom: Do you see that bar between the seats?
媽媽:你看見座位中間的杆兒了嗎?
Child: Yes.
寶寶:看見了。
Mom: You move it left and right to steer it.
媽媽:你把它往左右撥來掌舵。
Child: That seems easy.
寶寶:好像挺簡單的。
Mom: It is.
媽媽:是的。
Look, we're already far away from the dock.
看,咱們已經離碼頭很遠了。
Child: This is so much fun!
寶寶:真有意思!
Can I steer?
我能負責控制方向嗎?
Mom: Sure.
媽媽:當然可以。
Just don't get too close to swimmers, other boats or the shore.
別離遊泳的人、其他船和岸太近。
Lake-湖、sea-海的岸叫shore,river-河、creek-小溪的岸叫bank。
Child: That seems easy.
寶寶:好像挺簡單的。
I'm going to steer us under that bridge.
我要到那座橋下面。
Mom: Sounds fun.
媽媽:挺有意思的。
When we get to the other side of the bridge,
我們到橋的另一邊以後,
your dad will have a turn.
就輪到你爸爸了。
Then we'll pedal to the other side of the lake.
然後我們蹬到湖的另一邊去。