關於人工智慧AI的討論熱度不減,很多人擔心自己的工作未來被機器人取代。你知道最先被取代的工作是什麼嗎?答案是電話促銷。近年來,隨著科技的發展,機器人電話促銷,或者說機器人騷擾電話,已經成為我們生活中煩不勝煩的一個問題了。來看看美國聯邦貿易委員會的律師講述的相關科普,一起學習劃線重點表達吧。
If you have a telephone, it probably seems like illegal robocalls are out of control.
只要你有一部電話,你就可能接到過很多機器人打來的電話。
I'm Kati Daffan, an attorney at the Federal Trade Commission.
我是聯邦貿易委員會的律師Kati Daffan。
If you pick up the phone and hear a recorded message instead of a live person, that's a robocall.
如果你拿起電話,聽到的是錄音信息,而不是真人,那就是預先錄製的機器人騷擾電話。
Consumers are getting more and more robocalls, and they are not happy about it.
消費者接到的騷擾電話越來越多,他們很不高興。
As the number of calls has multiplied, the number of complaints has, too.
隨著電話數量的成倍增長,投訴的數量也在增加。
The reason for the spike in robocalls has to do with technology.
機器人電話激增的原因與技術有關。
Companies are using auto dialers, that can send out thousands of phone calls every minute, for an incredibly low cost.
各家公司都在使用自動撥號器,這種撥號器每分鐘可以發送數千個電話,成本低得令人難以置信。
What's important is that the companies that use this technology don't bother toscreen for the numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry.
重要的是,使用這項技術的公司無需在國家註冊表中尋找號碼。
If a company doesn't care about obeying the law, you can be sure they're trying to scam you.
如果一家公司不在乎遵守法律,你就可以確定他們是想騙你。
You've probably gotten robocalls about candidates running for office, or charities asking for donations.
你可能已經接到過關於候選人競選公職的電話,或者慈善機構要求捐款的電話。
These robocalls are allowed.
這些電話是允許的。
But any robocall that's trying to sell you something probably is illegal, unless you've given your written permission to get calls from that company.
但是任何試圖賣給你東西的機器人電話可能都是非法的,除非你書面允許它。
The FTC has stopped billions, yes billions, of robocalls in the last two years.
聯邦貿易委員會在過去的兩年裡已經攔截了數十億次,是的,數十億次的機器人電話。
Tracing these calls is a tough job, and there are a few reasons for that.
追蹤這些電話是一項艱巨的工作,原因有多個。
One, is that many different companies use the same, or very similar, recorded messages.
第一,許多不同的公司使用相同的,或非常相似的錄音信息。
Another, is that they fake the caller ID information that you see on your phone.
另一個原因是,他們偽造了你在手機上看到的來電顯示。
That's called caller ID spoofing, and new technology makes it very easy to do.
這種稱為來電顯示欺騙,而新技術使其非常容易做到。
And the third, is that the robocallers often place the calls through internet technology, that hides their location.
第三,機器人呼叫者經常通過網際網路技術進行呼叫,而網際網路技術隱藏了他們的位置。
At the FTC, we're continuing our aggressive enforcement efforts.
聯邦貿易委員會將會繼續積極執法。
And we're also looking for innovative, technological solutions to the robocall problem.
我們也正在尋找創新的技術解決方案來解決機器人騷擾電話問題。
形容一個人in one's good books什麼意思?在別人的好書裡?
間隔年到底值不值?gap year後的就業困境|雅思口語素材
love token是什麼意思?「愛的信物」英語怎麼說|雅思口語素材
神秘食罪者Sin eater,西方鬼故事衍生出的「罪與救贖」|雙語閱讀