瑪麗在機場辦理行李託運,發現行李超重。
Tom: Good evening. Can I help you?
Tom:晚上好。請問有什麼可以幫助您的嗎?
Mary: I』d like to know how much baggage I can carry on.
Mary:我想知道我可以隨身攜帶多少行李。
Tom: You may have 20 kg of baggage freeofchargeonboard. For the rest of your baggage, you may check them in.
Tom:您可以免費攜帶20千克的行李。至於其他的行李,可以辦理託運。
Mary: But I am told that it's 25 kg of baggage free of charge.
Mary:但我聽說可以免費攜帶25千克的行李。
Tom: I am afraid you got the wrong information. It's 20 kg. You see it's stated clearly here.
Tom:恐怕您的信息不太準確,應該是20千克。您看,這裡寫得很清楚。
Mary: I should have called to check this information, I will have these two bags checked in.
Mary:如果我事先打個電話確認一下就好了。這雨個箱子辦理託運吧
Tom: May I have your passportand airplaneticket, please?
Tom:請出示您的護照和機票。
Mary: Here you are.
Mary:給您。
Tom: Put the baggage on the scale, please.
Tom:請把行李放到磅秤上。
Mary: All right.
Mary:嗯,好的。
Tom: I'm sorry. Your baggage is overweight.
Tom:對不起,您的行李超重了。
Mary: How much does it exceed?
Mary:超重多少?
Tom: You have 10 kg's excess. Do you want to repackit?
Tom:超重10千克。您要重新打包嗎?
Mary: No, because they are all important stuff and I have to carry all of them.
Mary:不用了,因為這些都是重要的東西,我必須帶上。
Tom: Then you have to pay for the excessiveweight.
Tom:那麼您就需要為超重的部分付錢了。
Mary: OK. I have to.
Mary:好吧,不得不付了。
【語言點】
1. free of charge 免費
2. on board 在船(火車、飛機)上
3. passportn. 護照,通行證
4. Airplane ticket飛機票;機票
5. scalen. 天平;規模;比例;鱗;刻度;數值範圍vi. 衡量
6. overweightadj. 超重的;過重的
7. exceedvt. 超過;勝過
8. excessn. 超過,超額;過度,過量 adj. 額外的,過量的;附加的
9. repackv. 重新打包,重新裝箱
10. excessiveadj. 過多的,極度的;過分的