願你快樂每一天
1. hope
to want something to happen or be true and to believe that it is possible or likely to happen希望;期望;盼望
Ihope tosee you again in China soon. 我希望不久能再次在中國見到你。
Ido hopethat my suggestions can be of great help to you out. 我真的希望我的建議能對你有很大的幫助。
I have beenhoping foran opportunity to realize my dream to travel around the world. 我一直希望有機會實現我週遊世界的夢想。
Let’s forget about the unpleasant past andhope forthe best. 讓我們忘掉不愉快的過去,期待最好的結果。
I am writingin the hope ofgetting a job opportunity in a foreign trade company. 我寫這封信是希望能在一家外貿公司得到一個工作機會。
I am writingin the hope that you can take me into consideration as a member of your team.
我寫這封信是希望你能考慮我成為你的團隊中的一員。
祝開心快樂
2. wish
1) formal if you want to do something or you wish to have it done for you, you want to do it or you want to have it done (正式) 想做(某事);想要(在口語中,人們習慣說want而不是wish)
Iwish to seeyour parents soon. 我想快點見到你的父母。
Iwishyouto understandmy current situation. 我希望你能理解我目前的處境。
You can go anywhere, if youwish. 如果你想去的話,哪裡都可以去。
注意:wish sb. to do正確,但是不可以用hope sb. to do!例如:
Ihopeyouto understandmy current situation. (x)
2) to want something to be true although you know it is either impossible or unlikely 希望(不可能或可能性很小的事成為事實,從句的謂語動詞常用虛擬語氣)
I dowish (that)my suggestionscouldbe of help to you guys. 我真希望我的建議能對你有所幫助。
Shewishes(that) shecouldbe admitted to Tsinghua University this year. 她希望今年能考上清華大學。
How Iwish(that) wehad knowneach other 3 years ago. 我多麼希望我們三年前就認識了。
3) to say that you hope someone will have good luck, a happy life etc. 祝;祝願
Wishyou well in the new position of the company. 祝你在公司的新職位上一切順利。
Wewishyou a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. 我們祝你聖誕快樂,新年快樂。
Wewishyou happiness, good health and a long life. 我們祝你幸福、健康、長壽。
Wishingyou the best luck /all the best /every success! 祝你好運/一切順利/萬事如意!
Iwishyou a happy, wealthy, healthy and pretty year in 2020. 祝你在2020年快樂、富裕、健康、漂亮!
注意:此類祝福須用名詞作賓語補足語,這是英語學習者最容易犯的表達錯誤!例如:
Wish you happy every day! (x)
I wish you are happy every day! (x)
Happy New Year
3. expect
to think that something will happen because it seems likely or has been planned期待;指望;預料;預期;預計
I believe that you can do a great job in the contest and we allexpectyour wonderful performance. 我相信你可以在比賽中做得很好,我們都期待你的精彩表現。
You are leading such a care-free life. What else can/do youexpect? 你過著無憂無慮的生活。你還能指望什麼呢?
Happy Birthday
4. may
to express a wish or hope (正式) 願某人/某事做某事
Maythe 2th Art Festivalbea complete success! 祝第二屆藝術節圓滿成功!
Let’s take a moment to pray for the heroes who lost their lives in the fire —maytheyrestin peace. 讓我們為在火災中喪生的英雄們祈禱,願他們安息。
Mayall your dreamscometrue. 祝你夢想成真!
Mayour friendshiplastforever. 願我們的友誼天長地久。
願友誼天長地久
5. look forward to
to want/expect it to happen because you think you will enjoy it期望;盼望;期待(to為介詞,後接名詞或動名詞)
Look forward toyour arrival. 期待您的到來。
Welook forward tohearing from you ASAP. 我們期待著您的儘快回復。
We have beenlooking forward tocooperating with you. 我們一直期待著與您的合作。
本文由@查理侃英文原創,歡迎關注,帶你一起長知識!