↓↓↓ 滑動下方文字查看聽力原文參考 ↓↓↓
2018年4月7日BBC地道英語
Hello, this is The English We Speak with me Feifei…
大家好,歡迎來到地道英語,我是菲菲。
And me Rob. Hello!
我是Rob.大家好!
So Rob, what’s that thing you』ve got there?
Rob,你那邊是什麼啊?
Oh this? It’s a barrel [tapping on wooden barrel]...
哦?這個嗎?這是個桶(敲擊著木桶)
A barrel?! I see.
一個木桶?!我知道了
And do you want to know what’s inside?
你想知道裡面有什麼嗎?
Not really.
不太想知道。
OK - well, if I just open the lid here you』ll be able to hear [Opens lid and sounds of laughing] - funny, isn’t it?!
好-我只要一開桶蓋,你就會聽到(打開桶蓋和一陣笑聲)-很好笑,是吧?!
[not impressed] You have 』a barrel of laughs』 - hmm, and that is supposed to be funny?
(莫名其妙)你有「一桶大笑」-哼,這很好笑?
It’s supposed to illustrate today’s piece of authentic real English. It’s hilarious, isn’t it? And do you know what -the phrase 『a barrel of laughs』 can be used to describe me -someone who is fun and always joking around.
這就是今天我想說的地道英語。它很好笑,是吧?你知道嗎-『a barrel of laughs『這個短語可以用來形容我-一個比較幽默,喜歡逗周圍人開心的人。
Really? Someone who is funny is 『a barrel of laughs』 ? But this doesn’t describe you Rob - you’re not funny.
是嗎?一個好笑的人就是「一桶笑容」?但這個短語不能形容你奧-因為你並不搞笑。
Oh? What?! I think we』d better hear some examples of this phrase in action - and I』ll show you how funny I really am...
奧?什麼?那我們一起來看幾個實際的例子吧-我將會和你展現我多搞笑...
I shall miss having John in the office. He was a such a barrel of laughs.
我會想念辦公室有John 的日子,他簡直就是一個開心果。
What a barrel of laughs that bus driver was.He made the long journey much more fun with his funny announcements!
這個公交車司機真是個開心果啊!他用他逗樂的廣播讓漫長的旅途充滿了歡笑。
Since I split up with my boyfriend, life hasn’t been a barrel of laughs.
自從和男友分手後,我的生活充滿了歡樂。
So if someone is a 『a barrel of laughs』 , they are fun - and an enjoyable person to be around.
所以說,如果說某個人是『a barrel of laughs『 ,那麼就是形容他很搞笑-很喜歡逗周圍人開心。
Yeah, exactly - the phrase can also describe a thing such as TV show.But come on Feifei, you have to agree, this barrel full of laughs is so funny!Listen to this! [Opens lid again: laughter].
是的-這個短語也可以用來形容事物-比如說電視節目。所以,菲菲,你必須同意,這個充滿歡笑的桶是多麼好笑!來聽聽這個!(打開桶蓋:一片笑聲)
Hmm, it’s a cheap joke but it’s not funny. I know what you can do if you want to make me laugh...
恩,這是個無趣的笑話,它並不搞笑。我知道你做什麼可以讓我開心了...
Oh yes - go on, what is it?
好呀-你說說看,怎麼著?
Why don’t you see if you can fit inside the barrel?
為什麼你不試試,看看是否可以把你裝進這個桶裡呢?
Oh, right, OK. Well, that sounds like a laugh. OK, then, here goes... [Sound of Rob getting in] ... Alright, I’m in.
好的,這聽起來確實還是挺搞笑的。好,那我試試(聽起來像是Rob 進了桶裡)...好了,我進來了。
Wow Rob - you actually fit in the barrel! That’s so funny!
哇!Rob,你真進了桶裡,這太好笑了!
Hey Feifei what are you doing?
嘿,菲菲,你想做什麼?
Making you into a real life 』barrel of laughs』
讓你成為真正意義上的『一桶笑聲』
That’s not funny.
這並不搞笑。
It’s hilarious! See you later.
這太搞笑啦!再見!