I think you already know that if you want to improve your English speaking skills, you have to practice right?
我想你已經知道,如果你想提高你的英語口語能力,你必須要練習,對吧?
You have to speak.
你必須開口說話。
Studying grammar will never improve your speaking.
只是學習語法永遠不會提高你的口語能力。
Listening to English alone will never improve your speaking.
單單練習英語聽力,也不會提高你的口語能力。
You have to actually speak.
你必須要開口說英語才行。
But what if you don’t have someone to talk to in English ?
但是如果你沒有可以用英語交談的人怎麼辦?
How can you practice then?
那樣的話要怎麼練習呢?
Well, there’s a technique that allows you to learn to speak English by yourself.
其實有一個可以讓你自己練習口語的技巧。
No speaking partner is required.
不需要練習口語的同伴也能成功。
This technique can help improve many aspects of your spoken English: your sentence structure, your grammar, your vocabulary, and most importantly, your ability to express your thoughts and ideas effectively .
這種技巧可以從多方面幫助你提升英語口語能力,例如:句型結構,語法,詞彙,最重要的是,它可以有效提高你表達自己想法和意見的能力。
So what is this technique?
那麼這個技巧是什麼呢?
Well, here’s what it is learning to speak English through imitation.
那就是學會通過「模仿」來說英語。
When I say imitation, I’m not talking about repeating after native speakers using the exact same words to improve your pronunciation.
我所說的模仿,並不是讓你把母語人士所說的話,一字不落的重複跟讀來提高你的發音。
I’m talking about something a little more advanced than that.
我說的技巧要比這個先進多了。
Here’s how it works :you listen to a conversation, a story, or some kind of speech, and then try to deliver that speech in your own words.
它是這麼做的:在你聽了一段對話,一個故事或者一段英語演講視頻後,嘗試著用你自己的話複述出來。
讓我們看看它是怎麼操作的:
Let’s see this technique in action :
(聽)當我還小的時候。
When I was a child
(說)當他還是一個小孩子的時候。
When he was a child
(聽)像許多其他父母一樣,我的父母喜歡假裝。
My parents liked to pretend, like many other parents
(說)他的父母像其他許多父母一樣,喜歡假裝。
his parents liked to pretend, like many other parents
(聽)聖誕老人會在聖誕節帶給我們禮物。
That Santa Claus would bring us presents at Christmas.
(說)聖誕老人會在聖誕節給他們帶去禮物。
That Santa Claus would bring them presents at Christmas.
(聽)所以當我和兄弟姐妹,在聖誕節的某天早晨醒來。
So when my siblings and I would wake up on Christmas morning.
(說)所以當他和他的兄弟姐妹,在聖誕節的某天早晨醒來時。
So when his siblings and he would wake up on Christmas morning.
(聽)在壁爐面前會放滿來自聖誕老人的禮物,而聖誕老人坐在壁爐前。
There』d be a bunch of presents , from supposedly, Santa Claus ,sitting in front of the fireplace.
(說)在壁爐前會放滿來自聖誕老人的禮物,而聖誕老人坐在壁爐前。
There』d be a bunch of presents , from supposedly, Santa Claus ,sitting in front of the fireplace.
(以上為部分字幕)