好好學習,天天向上。大家好,歡迎Faith口語課堂-天天學的新老學員們,我是Faith老師,美好的一天從學英語開始。
Commuting 上班族通勤
以下是關於上班族通勤話題的一些具有典型性的連讀句子,請注意每個句子中的連讀發音。
a. Get on at the beginning of the bus line, get off at the end.
在公共汽車始發站上車,在終點站下車。
At the beginning of the bus line: 在始發站
At the end of the bus line: 在終點站
b. I walk about a mile to the bus stop, just hop on the bus.
我步行大約一英裡來到公共汽車站,然後跳上公共車。
Bus stop: 公共汽車站
Hop on the bus: 跳上公共車
c. It’s beautiful to walk in the back bay and then on Liven Street.
在海灣後邊走走,然後走到裡文街,這一切很美。
Back Bay: n. 海灣後邊
d. Normally I drive to the city, about six and a half miles by car on a highway.
一般情況下,我開車來到市區,在公路上開6英裡半就到了。
Normally: adv. 通常
On a highway: 在公路上
e. Sometimes I try to meditate, as well as pay attention to the road and do some thinking.
有時候我試著冥思,同時還要注意著交通路面,想些問題。
Meditate: v. 冥思
Pay attention to: 注意
f. I walk to the station, I get on the train, and I go to the South station, and then walk another five minutes to my school.
我步行到車站,坐火車到南站,然後再步行5分鐘就來到了學校。
Get on the train: 上火車
g. Because this way I can stop at the cleaners on the way in. On the way home, if I want to stop at the grocery store, I have the advantage of getting in and out of my car versus bus.
因為這樣我就可以在上班的路上順便在洗衣店停一下。 在回家的路上,如果我想在雜貨店停一下,可以任意地上下我的車,這比坐公共車方便多了。
On the way in: 在上班的路上
On the way home: 在回家的路上
Grocery store: 雜貨店
Have the advantage of getting in and out of my car: 可以任意地上下我的車
Versus: 與。。。相比,比較
h. If I knew that I was going to be out very late at night, maybe I would bring the car so that I knew I could get home safely.
如果我晚上會回來的比較晚,或許我會自己開車,這樣我可以比較安全地返家。
Get home safely: 安全地返家
i. I drive in every morning, and I park way down on Tianhe street. I have a parking permit there that I’m very lucky to get.
我每天早上開車,把車停在天河街。 我在那兒有一個停車許可證,也是很幸運才拿到的。
Parking permit: 停車許可證
Parking lot: 停車場
j. Public transportation isn’t available on the route that I have to take to work, so I have to use my own car.
我上下班的那條路上沒有公共運輸工具,因此我不得不自己開車。
Public transportation: 公共運輸工具
Available: adj. 可獲得的
k. I took the subway from Boston, change lines and just a short
delightful little stroll in the beautiful morning.
我在波士頓上了地鐵,換乘其它線,然後在美麗的早晨愉快的走一小段路。
Subway: n. 地鐵
Change lines: 換乘其它線
Delightful: a. 愉快的
Stroll: n. 散步
How about you? How do you get to work every day? 你是怎麼上下班的呢?
課後歡迎登陸大耳朵英語網站Faithradio播客:http://oral.ebigear.com/myimitatelist-3065994-1.html, 與其它聽眾一起互動學習本課內容,把你上下班的交通工具告訴我們,我也會親自參與大家的學習和討論,並提供幫助。
讓我們一起學好英語吧!這裡是Faith口語課堂-天天學,我是Faith老師,22正是我們現在聽到的這首歌的歌名, Lily Allen的作品, when I was 22, I absolutely had no idea what life was, how about your 22…