(1) look out for sb. 「關照某人,盡力照顧好某人,為某人著想」
英語解釋為to take care of someone and make sure nothing bad happens to them。
(2) I'm just looking out for you 「我只是在為你著想」
(3) look out for oneself 「只考慮自己,只為自己著想」
例
I love that you're looking out for me, and know why you worry about me. But I knew I had this tonight.
我就愛你處處為我著想這點,也知道你為什麼要擔心我,但我對今晚早就胸有成竹了。
Your mother and I are just looking out for you.
你媽媽和我只是在為你著想。
Listen, buddy, we're just looking out for you. We want you to be happy.
兄弟,我們只是為你著想,我們要你快樂。《老友記》
其他
(1) look out for sb./sth.還可以表示「留心……,留意……,注意察看……」,指留心周圍情況,以便發現特定的人或物
(2) look out!表示「注意!當心!」,用於提醒別人注意危險
例
She's looking out for a one-bedroom apartment.
她一直在留意尋找一居室的公寓。
Look out for the form teacher - she'll be coming any minute.
留意班主任,她隨時都有可能過來。