↓↓↓ 滑動下方文字查看聽力原文參考 ↓↓↓
2018年2月6日BBC地道英語
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English. I’m Sian.
大家好,歡迎收聽BBC英語教學的地道英語。我是西恩。
Hi everyone, I’m Feifei.
嗨,大家好,我是菲菲。
What on earth are you looking for Feifei? Why are you taking everything out of your bag?
你究竟在找什麼呀菲菲?為什麼把書包裡所有東西都掏出來了呢?
I’m just looking for a stamp – I know I』ve got one in here somewhere. I just can’t seem to find it.
我只是在找一枚郵票,我知道我有一枚郵票,就在這兒的某個地方。只是我好像找不到了。
A stamp? What do you want a stamp for?
一枚郵票?你要郵票幹嘛?
I』ve written a letter to my family and I want to get it in the post before midday.
我給家裡寫了一封信,想在中午之前就寄走。
You』ve written a letter? That’s a bit old-school isn’t it?
你寫了一封信?這就有一點老舊過時了,是吧?
Old-school』? Who are you calling 』old-school』? I’m younger than you!
「老舊過時」?你說誰「老舊過時」呢?我比你還年輕呢!
Yeah but writing letters is quite old-school, you know –it’s a bit old-fashioned. Most people just email or send instant messages nowadays.
沒錯,但寫信實在是太老套守舊了,你知道的——這是有一點過時的。如今大多數人都會發電子郵件或者是即時消息。
Yeah, but it’s so nice to get a real letter in the post! So 』old-school』 basically describes something that’s from an earlier time - something old-fashioned. Let’s hear some examples:
對,但是收到一封郵寄來的真正的信真是太棒了!所以說「老舊過時的」這個詞主要是描述早期的一些東西——一些過時的東西。讓我們來聽一些例子吧:
Woah! That haircut is so old-school!
哇!那個髮型太過時啦!
You want to go roller-skating tonight? Man, that’s so old-school!
你今晚想去滑旱冰?老兄,那也太過時了吧!
Our new teacher is a bit old-school in his approach, but he always gets good results.
我們新老師的方法有一點過時,但他總能得到好的結果。
So 』old-school』 is used as a bit of an insult, right?
所以用「老舊過時的」這個詞的時候是有一點侮辱性質的,對吧?
No, it doesn’t have to be. It can also be used a compliment – to talk about something from the past that you admire. Or to describe something you feel nostalgic about.
不,不一定。這個詞也可以用作一種稱讚,用來談論你所欣賞的舊時事物。或者用來描述一些你覺得懷舊的事物。
I love your new coat – it’s so old-school!
我喜歡你的新外套,它太復古啦!
Look at these old-school computer games, aren’t they awesome?!
看這些懷舊的電腦遊戲,是不是很棒?!
Exactly, I think it’s a good thing to be old-school. If only I could find that stamp.
確實是,我覺得懷舊一點是件好事。要是我能找到那枚郵票該多好。
Why don’t you just fax it?
你為什麼不用傳真呢?
Well, that really would be old-school Sian.Get with the times!
嗯,那才真的是老舊過時啊西恩。要與時俱進好吧!