提示:點擊上方↑↑↑藍色字一鍵關注在線英語聽力室
Oh,no! I'm ever so sorry.
哦,怎麼會呢!我難過極了。
A:Tom had an accident yesterday. The doctor said both of his legs had to be cut.
湯姆昨天出事了。醫生說他的兩條腿都保不住了。
B: Oh, no! I'm ever so sorry.
哦,怎麼會呢!我難過極了。
sorry除了表示「對不起,抱歉」外還用於表示「難過,遺憾」。
How poor you are!
你真可憐!
A:I lost my job.
我丟掉了工作。
B:How poor you are!
你真可憐!
You have my deepest sympathy.
= You have my sincere sympathy.
我很同情你。
sympathy n. 同情,同情心
We're filled with deep sorrow.
=We're deeply grieved about it.
我們感到很悲痛。
sorrow n. 悲痛,悲哀
grieve v.悲痛,傷心
What a pity!
= That's a pity!
真遺憾!
It's a sad thing!
= How awful!
= That's too bad.
真糟糕!
A: My boss told me I would have no vacation this summer.
老闆告訴我今年夏天沒有假期。
B:It's a sad thing!
真糟糕!
I'm most upset to hear it.
聽了真叫人擔心。
A: My father has retired recently, so he stays at home all day long.
我爸爸最近退休了,所以他整天都呆在家裡。
B: I'm most upset to hear it. He can do something. Many old people are living colorful lives.
聽了真叫人擔心,他可以做點事情,許多老年人的生活都很豐富多彩。
It must be tough for you.
= It must be hard on you.
你肯定很難受。
I know how it feels.
我知道這是什麼感受。
A: My pet died yesterday. I'm in a bad mood.
我的寵物昨天死了,我心情不好。
B:I know how it feels.
我知道這是什麼感受。
I can understand how you feel.
= I know the way you feel.
= I know how you feel.
我能體會到你的感受。
It could have happened to anybody.
這是常有的事。
A:I lost my wallet.
我的錢包丟了。
B: It could have happened to anybody.
這是常有的事。
wallet n. 錢包
You must be feeling very sad.
你一定覺得很難過吧。
A:My wife left me.
我的妻子離開了我。
B: You must be feeling very sad.
你一定覺得很難過吧。
Please convey my sympathy to your family.
請轉達我向你家人的慰問。
A: Please convey my sympathy to your family.
請轉達我向你家人的慰問。
B:Thanks.I will.
謝謝。我會的
convey v.傳達
sympathy n. 同情,慰問
I'm sorry to hear that.
= I'm sorry about it.
= I'm sorry about that.
聽到這件事我很難過。
How sad!
真是太讓人傷心了!
A:My cat died.
我的貓死了。
B:How sad!
真是太讓人傷心了!
To my great relief, the pain is gone.
= I'm experiencing a feeling of relief since the pain is gone.
使我十分寬慰的是疼痛消失了。
relief n. 安慰,欣慰
I felt relieved to hear that.
=I felt much better after hearing that
這麼說我就放心了。
relieved a. 放心的
What a relief!
真叫人欣慰。
A: My son found a job in a foreign company.
我兒子在外企找到了工作。
B:What a relief!
真叫人欣慰。
That's a weight off my mind.
心裡一塊石頭總算落地了。
A:I have passed the exam.
我通過了考試。
B: That's a weight off my mind.
心裡一塊石頭總算落地了。
off one's mind「不再掛念」
Glad it's all over.
= I'm glad that's over
很高興一切都結束了。
Thank goodness!
= Thank heavens!
= Thank God!
謝天謝地